Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akira also has the Colonel, the Triplets, Clown, Yamagata, Kaisuke, Clown, Kaisuke and Yamagata's bikes, the flying platform, and more besides. Way more if you go with the manga instead of the anime. These things are all to a greater or lesser degree iconic with the older generations in Japan who grew up with Akira.

GiTS has Batou, Togusa, Aramaki, Saito, and plenty more both human and mechanical characters depending on whether you go with one of the movies, SAC, Arise or the various manga volumes.

Bandai's Patlabor RD line doesn't seem like it's going to make it past seven releases due to lack of sales. CM's, Yamato, etc never released full lines either.

They never did simply because there's way too many labors to release and collectors just run out of steam because asian audiences aren't as dedicated as western and there's so many stuffs to buy in Asia compared to your typical Sideshow + Hasbro.

There's a reason why there's so few Akira merchandise out there. Trading figures aside, there's hardly any supporting character merchandise other than Clown & Akira from McFarlane. I remember we only have the trading figure for Colonel and that is about it. Very few people would buy those supporting cast you mentioned simply because it's a cartoon. if it were a live action with notable actors as supporting cast it'd be something like Marvel movie lineup or star wars.

For GITS, Batau & Tachikoma are considered the more prominent supporting cast. sure section 9 cast are good but i don't think many people will buy their merchandise.

Even Appleseed only had mainly Deunan & Bariores figures, and 1 HT 1/6 Tereus. They had trading figures for another 2 subcharacters and the landmate.

Sure these shows are better than DBZ but you will see DBZ getting all sorts of characters released and you won't see half the cast from other shows getting a toy treatment.

HT didn't even bother with Alpha Deunan because Alpha Bariores was selling bad.

Even if you just release Kaneda and his bike and Tetsuo, they're sitting on a goldmine if they release a Figma/Figurarts style format. The closest we ever got was McFarlane and those sucked. Japanese fans absolutely would buy a 5.5 inch highly articulated Kaneda and his bike and Tetsuo.

I'd pee and poo my damn pants at the same time if they ever announced this.

Even if you just release Kaneda and his bike and Tetsuo, they're sitting on a goldmine if they release a Figma/Figurarts style format. The closest we ever got was McFarlane and those sucked. Japanese fans absolutely would buy a 5.5 inch highly articulated Kaneda and his bike and Tetsuo.

well did the Soul For Gokin Kaneda & Bike sell well? i know they were sold out, but how many did they sell?

Medicom's Kaneda & Tetsuo were pretty good if not the best, took a while for them to sell out, after discounts.

Did you guys not notice many companies has released Akira products, but non seems to follow up with their lineup? must be a reason there. Most people only want Kaneda, and his Bike. sure there are folks that would buy everything but not that many.

And fyi i find McFarlane Kaneda quite good, sure the face is nothing like the show but overall it's a great display figure.

Same. I've been hoping for a Figma Akira line for years. I feel like they'd nail the aesthetic and overall quality better than Figuarts.

Just cause people ask for it, doesn't mean anyone's actually paying that much.

The only sold listing I see was for an incomplete one (seriously...who would buy or sell a toy like this with parts missing?) for $300.

22688875_10155559605902745_6638986377622337123_n.jpg

That's not mine. That's from rightstufanime.com. I'm waiting for instocktrades.com price to see if their cheaper.

Mine will arrive sometime in November. I'm in Japan so it basically cost twice as much. But hey, 40th birthday present. I already have Epic 1-38, the original Japanese 1-6, then Dark Horse 1-6, and then Japanese in color 1-6. So you can see I NEEEEEEDED the hardcover versions!!

Anyone else pick up the expensive yet really gorgeous hardcover boxed set of the AKIRA manga?

The damn thing weighs about 20 pounds so a lot of the boxes got damaged in shipping, but apparently Kodansha will replace them if you write to them.

It's a really, really cool looking set. If you can get if for less than $200 I highly recommend it.

Anyone else pick up the expensive yet really gorgeous hardcover boxed set of the AKIRA manga?

The damn thing weighs about 20 pounds so a lot of the boxes got damaged in shipping, but apparently Kodansha will replace them if you write to them.

It's a really, really cool looking set. If you can get if for less than $200 I highly recommend it.

Agreed, picked it up from Amazon and it's a beautiful set! Very happy and it arrived safe and sound and I think a lot less than $200

Didn’t know about the replacement. Mine was smashed badly but the books are mint.

Back