Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! Wish i had gotten in on this back when it people were pre-ordering it. It's expensive.
Pics look Amazing though. Great addition to any collection.

P1010879_zpsafaa5663.jpg

P1010888_zps3de9c70b.jpg

i just love this bike, out of all my collectables, this has to be my most fave :)

What's in the book home geek? does it have any of the same stuff from the Dark Horse AKIRA CLUB book, or all new?
Is it technical spec thing? who's it written by?

What's in the book home geek? does it have any of the same stuff from the Dark Horse AKIRA CLUB book, or all new?
Is it technical spec thing? who's it written by?

https://www.bbakira.co.uk/merchandise/paper/mechanix/mechanix.htm

it's An exceptionally rare book featuring schematics and mechanical diagrams for all of the films many bikes, vehicles, weapons, and military devices. Also included are the actual technical specs for Kaneda's bike, not like the Akira club book, not sure who wrote it though XD
buuut, you can buy it from here https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321082033536

Hey guys! The kickstand (the thingy that supports the bike when it's stopped) got loose over time, and it doesn't hold the bikes weight anymore. Does anyone have a sollution for that?

Hey guys! The kickstand (the thingy that supports the bike when it's stopped) got loose over time, and it doesn't hold the bikes weight anymore. Does anyone have a sollution for that?

You might want to check and make sure the kickstand is all the way out... my kickstand used to slip and at first I thought it was faulty, but I realized I just hadn't had the kickstand pulled out all the way. I think there's a notch on the kickstand that's supposed to "lock", it just takes a little force to push it into place.

You might want to check and make sure the kickstand is all the way out... my kickstand used to slip and at first I thought it was faulty, but I realized I just hadn't had the kickstand pulled out all the way. I think there's a notch on the kickstand that's supposed to "lock", it just takes a little force to push it into place.

Before it used to be very stiff and hard to put it in place, but it seems that with time and the bike's weight it ended up loose. It still very stiff to put it in the "ride" position, but i'll try what you said. There is a small "step" on the kickstand that should hold the bike, but that isn't sufficient and now that it's loose the bike slips on that "step". Let’s see if I can "lock" it in place again.
Thank you!

I've inspected it with a lantern, and it seems that there is no "locking" position, the kickstand stays deployed only using the pressure of the rail its mounted on. Of course the bike's weight would make the rail loose over time. Proof of that is that the non deployed position is really tight. Does anyone have a suggestion to "tighten" the rail without opening the bike?

Quick question guys and sorry if it was already asked before but how is the quality of the Kaneda figure?

Is it true that Medicom figures have very poor quality and are prone to breakage/deterioration?

Does this apply to all Medicom figures or just the older/earlier figures?

Back