Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is Kaneda in a boy band now or something?

I was thrilled to see that there is a brand new AKIRA piece in Otomo's latest artbook KABA 2.......but man, was I taken aback by the new portrait of Kaneda!!

Otomo is an incredible artist and I know he's evolved a lot over the years, but what the hell? Why does Kaneda look like Justin Bieber?

I know he's supposed to like 16 years old, but does he have to look like a chick? Unfortunately, this seems to be the current trend in Japan these days...ultra-effeminate skinny pretty boys. Eh. Whatever.

New Kaneda
gay_hand.gif

Guess it was a tryout to make the original anime looks sexy for the younger japanese audience.
But since it's clear to me me that Otomo has lost some of his touch with his recent anime chara design work.

I can see we have a very restricted club ; )
The thread evolves very slowly.

So.. today i was taking a look at my bike and something came to my attention. What abbout that back wheel spring? The bike is prety heavy.. my concern is that it eveltualy gets loose.. So I´ve placed the bike on that black piece right away.
What do you think?

I think it can only be good to use that black thing to put lees stress on the wheels.
Think i might have lost mine tho lol...

I moved some stuff yesterday and i took the time check my bike...
MAN! This is really a dream come true!
LOL

One question, does your frontlight stays fully horizontal when you rise it? Mine is a bit tilted down.
Wondering coz in the promo pics it's reallu horizontal.

nope... it doesnt.
Asked the same thing some time ago : p
The mechanism is simple. Ther is a screw attatched to the light with a piece that is possible to extend easyly to make the light turn a litle bit more. Someday in the future i may customize that.

Now, I want one of this...

[ame="https://youtu.be/BghLQvOnYag"]https://youtu.be/BghLQvOnYag[/ame]

Just saw that bad boy in real life a few days ago.....along with the MIND-BLOWING original art of Mr. Otomo!!

Otomo Genga.....one of the greatest experiences I've ever had in Japan.....simply breathtaking to see the actual artwork up close and personal.

I didn't get on the bike though, even though visitors were allowed to pose with it. I weigh a lot and didn't want to risk damaging it!

I can imagine how awesome it would be to see this bike in real...especially with those great art work as backdrop.

Thanks for sharing:wink1:

nope... it doesnt.
Asked the same thing some time ago : p
The mechanism is simple. Ther is a screw attatched to the light with a piece that is possible to extend easyly to make the light turn a litle bit more. Someday in the future i may customize that.

Thanks
Ok i need to look into that, not that it's bothering me much... But yet it does lol
Also found the little black round thing ^^

Hey Olbertfrog....I know you are an Otomo fanatic like me...

You MUST order the Otomo Genga souvenir book....it's about $50 or so but it's SOOOO worth it! So many incredible illustrations inside....including rare stuff from Apple Paradise!!!!

Hey Olbertfrog....I know you are an Otomo fanatic like me...

You MUST order the Otomo Genga souvenir book....it's about $50 or so but it's SOOOO worth it! So many incredible illustrations inside....including rare stuff from Apple Paradise!!!!

Was going to order it but not sure of the content.
I've heard its mostly photos and not actual reprint of the original material.
Also i think now have everything he published so i'm not sure there's any thing new for me in it. Think you can make a quick video of it if you have it?
A quick flip trough the pages like this
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpIsCZV0zE[/ame]

I have APPLE PARADISE, i bought all the magazines where it was published, scanned the pages and made a book out of it, let me know if you're interested gonna maybe reprint some ;)

Have the get Geijustu Shinsho magazine with his new short story DJ TECK MORNING ATTACK tho...

I took these when the set first came out and never posted them - I don't think. I love everything about this set. I bought two of the bikes so so that I could weather one. Then realized that they offered a set of body plates separately specifically for that purpose :slap

kaneda_bike3.jpg
kaneda_bike4.jpg
kaneda_bike5.jpg

Back