Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to a small toy show here in 2010 and there was just one booth with one of the bikes. There was a huge commotion because about 5 guys were in a bidding war for it. The final price was about $925.

I saw the winner a few more times the rest of the day - struggling to carry the bike in its box (which is the size of a small coffin) around as he tried to take in the rest of the exhibits.

Good I did preorder in the lagune overseas. The seller in the US was a good guy. As I am a fan since I am 17 I had no worrys to contract debts. With other releases I realy had to think twice (gta3 caude). Kaneda came from Honkong with no customs no extra shipping fees and fair price. So I had to pay overall ~480$ for both. The bike was the second release without extra decals etc.

:monkey1

The first run of the motorcycle was released around March of 2010 and that included the extra cowling. I had to pass at the time cause I had just lost my job, so I never got the extra cowling.

The second run was released in seemingly higher numbers around the end of 2010. No extras, but I was very happy to finally own this beauty!

It's still available on amazon Japan for 45,000 yen.

Since I'm still on an Otomo "high" from seeing the exhibit, I thought I'd share some pics of some of my treasured Otomo manga and books!!

Also, remember that new "girly" picture of Kaneda I posted a few pages back? I have a wild theory that Otomo is distancing himself from the pic.

First of all, it's the only Akira artwork that wasn't on display at the show. Also, it's listed in Kaba 2 as the artwork for the 2012 Blu Ray release, but I haven't seen it in any of the promo pics of the Blu Ray. And finally, it's listed in the Genga book but on the page it is supposed to appear, there was a very OLD picture of Kaneda instead! I thought it was interesting!

The first run of the motorcycle was released around March of 2010 and that included the extra cowling. I had to pass at the time cause I had just lost my job, so I never got the extra cowling.

The second run was released in seemingly higher numbers around the end of 2010. No extras, but I was very happy to finally own this beauty!

It's still available on amazon Japan for 45,000 yen.

Since I'm still on an Otomo "high" from seeing the exhibit, I thought I'd share some pics of some of my treasured Otomo manga and books!!

Also, remember that new "girly" picture of Kaneda I posted a few pages back? I have a wild theory that Otomo is distancing himself from the pic.

First of all, it's the only Akira artwork that wasn't on display at the show. Also, it's listed in Kaba 2 as the artwork for the 2012 Blu Ray release, but I haven't seen it in any of the promo pics of the Blu Ray. And finally, it's listed in the Genga book but on the page it is supposed to appear, there was a very OLD picture of Kaneda instead! I thought it was interesting!

:hi5::clap:clap:clap

Oh I would love a rerelease especially if they now made a throne and giant deformed arm that you could buy as a separate expansion for Tetsuo. That'd be sweet.

I wouldn't mind to get a new Kaneda one day, he could have been much better :eek:.
Tetsuo is ok but with the weird skin tone use for the head and the old crappy hands articulation, the production seemed light on it.

d3dd02af8b1735c7bd090e9d8e9c5.jpg

yeah i'd been wanting this for awhile, but that kaneda figure just looks weird to me...and for the price that people are asking on ebay for it seems way too much for that figure. the bike on the other hand is ridiculously fantastic. but on ebay for close to 800 seems way too high. regardless if the prices came down for that id love to own one as well.

Here is a picture I've wanted to post for a while, but forgot.

I moved a few months ago and was able for the first time ever to have room to display the three BanDai Kaneda's bikes all together!!

No McFarlane or gashapon here....only the bikes released by BanDai over the years!

The smallest one is the 1/35th scale from 1988. I printed custom labels from the original unused sticker sheet, but I'd still like to re-do a few of them to get them just right.

Next is the Soul of Popynica version from 2004 which I think is just about perfect. If the figure was in better scale and poseable, it would have been perfect....but it was close.

And finally the monster 1/6th scale released in 2010, which does have a scale poseable Kaneda to ride it, but it's so damn big it's pretty unwieldy. But still perfect though!

I wouldn't mind to get a new Kaneda one day, he could have been much better :eek:.
Tetsuo is ok but with the weird skin tone use for the head and the old crappy hands articulation, the production seemed light on it.

d3dd02af8b1735c7bd090e9d8e9c5.jpg
Such an awesome pic! Wish I had Tetsuo. :clap

I want this bike and kaneda so bad! anyone willing to sell it at a reasonable price! i definitely missed the boat when this one came out and am still kicking myself on it!

on ebay the bike+ the special decay/sticker stuff goes for 450 euro a couple of hours ago... expensiv... but mutch better u wont get it!

Can anyone please tell me how to open up the battery compartment?

I've put the box away in to storage and even though I'm sure I looked at the instructions at the time I've completely forgotten what to do.

Also, what is the difference between the two settings for the light switch? One has two dots and the other has one.

Thanks in advance.

There is a little button at the end of the compartment door. You have to push it in pretty deep from memory. then slide it back away from the button side. I just left mine off because it wasn't much fun the first few times round.

The switch is first click for lights, second for light and sound - depress the pedals.

Back