Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After making a stupid mistake back in February and cancelling my order with Sideshow for these two classic pieces, I went on Bigbadtoystore yesterday and saw they still had Kaneda and his bike in stock so I took the plunge and bought both. Should ship today and hopefully will have them early next week. Can't wait...

Thanks a lot for posting BBTS had the bike in stock!!! i ordered the last one!!! I been looking for it everywhere!!! :goodpost:

Damn, you got a good price on it, too. Lucky!

-Joe

Yes we did! The bike has only been out a couple of months and already people are wanting $600.00 or more for it. That's just rude. Just got my UPS shipping notice and my Kaneda with his bike will be here Monday. AWESOME!

Yes we did! The bike has only been out a couple of months and already people are wanting $600.00 or more for it. That's just rude. Just got my UPS shipping notice and my Kaneda with his bike will be here Monday. AWESOME!

Congratzzz to both of you on the good deal!

$600? Rude, like you said! Well... it is one thing asking a high price, and an other actually getting that amount out of peoples pockets. The bike was expensive to begin with. I really wonder if people that didn't buy it then, will buy it if it becomes even more expensive. Time will tell.

Just wondering, how's the situation for HT's batpod, and the Tumbler? Did the prices for those items go up after they where out?

Congratzzz to both of you on the good deal!

$600? Rude, like you said! Well... it is one thing asking a high price, and an other actually getting that amount out of peoples pockets. The bike was expensive to begin with. I really wonder if people that didn't buy it then, will buy it if it becomes even more expensive. Time will tell.

Just wondering, how's the situation for HT's batpod, and the Tumbler? Did the prices for those items go up after they where out?

Thank the Gods I picked up my Tumbler and Batpod at retail because those pieces have just gone through the freakin' roof! Go to the DC Comics forum and look at the thread dedicated to the Tumbler and Batpod. You'll see how crazy it's gotten for those two pieces. And we're not talking $600.00 anymore either...

UPDATE--Got the bike with Kaneda today. Been playing around with them for the last couple of hours. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! Kaneda's bike has my vote for toy of the year. Kaneda himself is not too shabby. Great likeness based on the anime but I agree with a lot of you, he's overpriced. Still, he looks awesome on the bike and that's all that matters! Thank you Bandai and Medicom for making one of my all time favorite subjects and grail items reality!

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up!! Just ordered him from hlj and got away with the set cheap thanks to u guys ;)

Can anyone point me toward a compatible body for the Kaneda figure?
I find the original one too skinny and what about that neck.
Wonder if there is any custom of this figure maybe.
Thanks

Hot Toys Slim True Type. Also the HT hand pegs can fit in the Medicom hands so you don't have to mod the arms. But you will still need to use Medicom neck joint, just unscrew it.

Thanks!!!
I was looking over the web and found this RAH massive body.
Wich has a nice silhouette to it. But it's a bit hard to find at a decent price.
ba19314d29ae2d614c75e6f56e005531.image.450x450.jpg

Do you have a link for the model you're suggesting i'm a bit lost with slim,narrow and all the version past and present released by HT.
Thanks

Thanks for the comparaison pic ^^
If someone has the kaneda (i should get mine early next week) and can give his opinion on the clothes for a body replacement.

Thanks for the heads up!! Just ordered him from hlj and got away with the set cheap thanks to u guys ;)

I actually found that yesterday while looking for a good price on him! Also, if you pay with Paypal they'll give you a discount on shipping. I think the total for mine was around $145ish :rock

Got the bike on Friday... its unbelievable. But, no point in displaying it until Kaneda gets here.

I actually found that yesterday while looking for a good price on him! Also, if you pay with Paypal they'll give you a discount on shipping. I think the total for mine was around $145ish :rock

Got the bike on Friday... its unbelievable. But, no point in displaying it until Kaneda gets here.

Some good prices around at the moment for Kaneda. On the subject of body, I think the RAH he came with is fine. Nice stiff joints & the build is pretty spot-on. Damn, he cost a pretty penny, why spend more?

Some good prices around at the moment for Kaneda. On the subject of body, I think the RAH he came with is fine. Nice stiff joints & the build is pretty spot-on. Damn, he cost a pretty penny, why spend more?

I won't be changing him out... the Medi bodies are fine for figures like this.

BTW, anyone have clear pics of the bikes seat? Mine has a very inconsistent color... doesn't appear to be painted (just a piece of rubber) but I'm wondering if they all look like that, or if I just got an odd one.

I won't be changing him out... the Medi bodies are fine for figures like this.

BTW, anyone have clear pics of the bikes seat? Mine has a very inconsistent color... doesn't appear to be painted (just a piece of rubber) but I'm wondering if they all look like that, or if I just got an odd one.

The seat of my bike appears with the same issue (saw it from other collectors too). So, it could be a common molding defects:monkey2

Back