Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, just joined the forum, as I have just pre-ordered the Kaneda and bike from HK based ebay company toys online. Following this thread with interest, I emailed them asking about the extra cowling and decals box and they sent me this reply:

"Hi, the DVD seem is bonus for the first stock. I try my best to get the DVD for you."

So could we assume it's available across the board on a first-come, first-served basis?

Hoolz that cool and all but see if you can't get a straight answer about the decals. we know all bikes come with a cowl and I don't really care about a dvd. I just need clear answers about the decals.

Hoolz that cool and all but see if you can't get a straight answer about the decals. we know all bikes come with a cowl and I don't really care about a dvd. I just need clear answers about the decals.

Looking at the images of the bike art on its box, there doesn't seem to be any images of the bike with the decals on it.
Surely if they all come with decals it would feature on the box somewhere???
I think the Limited Edition from sideshow may be the only way to get the decals.
Otherwise you'd end up with 2 sets of decals.:huh

Unless the extra cowling and decals are so you can customise Kanedas bike the way you want as well as the original.

Looking at the images of the bike art on its box, there doesn't seem to be any images of the bike with the decals on it.
Surely if they all come with decals it would feature on the box somewhere???
I think the Limited Edition from sideshow may be the only way to get the decals.
Otherwise you'd end up with 2 sets of decals.:huh

Unless the extra cowling and decals are so you can customise Kanedas bike the way you want as well as the original.

surely sideshow would announce it as an exclusive then, no?

surely sideshow would announce it as an exclusive then, no?

I don't know anything about how sideshow exclusivity works, but I assume that it doesn't have to be a sideshow exclusive to be limited. what i mean is, other websites might also carry the limited one at a premium . maybe bigbadtoystore just didn't have the chance to carry the regular and limited editions. just a guess, but who knows...

Hey there! This is my first post. I just registered so I could share my thoughts on this awesome looking (but over-priced) toy.

My hope is that the anime-accurate stickers will be directly tampoed right onto the plastic like they were on Ban Dai's excellent 2004 version of the motorcycle. The stickers looked pretty perfect actually...much better than McFarlane's attempts a few years earlier. And getting stickers to look good on round surfaces is really hard, so having the decals directly printed was fantastic.

So seeing as how this is really just a bigger version of the earlier Ban Dai release, I really hope they will do the same thing. Maybe the "clean" version...the blank red cowling with no stickers...is actually the exclusive in the white box. The illustration that shows the bike covered in hundreds of sponsor stickers was actually the cover of the second Japanese release of the DVD. So maybe the extra stickers and blank cowling are for those that want to customize the bike into something along those lines?

It seems ridiculous to me that they would make such an accurate version at a smaller scale, and then expect us to apply the stickers ourselves on the larger and MUCH more expensive version!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the regular bike will include the tampoed pieces and that the stickers are just a bonus.

Hey there! This is my first post. I just registered so I could share my thoughts on this awesome looking (but over-priced) toy.

My hope is that the anime-accurate stickers will be directly tampoed right onto the plastic like they were on Ban Dai's excellent 2004 version of the motorcycle. The stickers looked pretty perfect actually...much better than McFarlane's attempts a few years earlier. And getting stickers to look good on round surfaces is really hard, so having the decals directly printed was fantastic.

So seeing as how this is really just a bigger version of the earlier Ban Dai release, I really hope they will do the same thing. Maybe the "clean" version...the blank red cowling with no stickers...is actually the exclusive in the white box. The illustration that shows the bike covered in hundreds of sponsor stickers was actually the cover of the second Japanese release of the DVD. So maybe the extra stickers and blank cowling are for those that want to customize the bike into something along those lines?

It seems ridiculous to me that they would make such an accurate version at a smaller scale, and then expect us to apply the stickers ourselves on the larger and MUCH more expensive version!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the regular bike will include the tampoed pieces and that the stickers are just a bonus.

LE has the extra white box. I dont think the regular edition has stickers/decal :

MarkingCopyof20091104_b0575dcb7dc9c.jpg

Yeah, we need some hard evidence on this from bandai/medicom or sideshow, otherwise there will just be a lot of speculation from everyone on the board. Although people might be right about their speculation, it'd just be easier to hear it from the makers themselves.

i can see that the regular edition might not have the extra stickers but why do you think it would not have the decals?

From the box art I've seen, not one image has a shot of the bike with decals on it, its completely blank.
This would explain why BBTS only has product images of the bike without the decals and Sideshow has images of the bike with Decals.

From the box art I've seen, not one image has a shot of the bike with decals on it, its completely blank.
This would explain why BBTS only has product images of the bike without the decals and Sideshow has images of the bike with Decals.

The Japanese captions to the stickerless bike state that the pics are of the "Plain Cowl" version - ie the bike with the extra "Plain Cowl" and other goodies in the pre-order bonus. I dont see it written (at least not clear enough) anywhere in the pics that the regular version has pre-applied decals, but I think it's safe to say that this will be the case. No need to worry that the reg version will be stickerless. I can give more complete translations if someone can post clearer or different pics.

Spent some time searching through the loft and found and old VHS player I had in storage. Then found my old VHS copy of Akira.

Watched it last night for the first time in about 12 years - Still a cool film!

Kaneda & Bike are keepers for me.

and my understanding of the sticker issue is...

Regular version of bike = NO STICKERS

LE version of bike = Extra box WITH STICKERS + a second plain cowling for you to add stickers to as you wish, giving you the display option of "clean" or "stickered.

Personally I think the reg should have stickers as that's how the bike appears in the film, and the LE should just have the second plain cowling.

I've ordered the LE from sideshow, so I know I have both! :banana:joy

The Japanese captions to the stickerless bike state that the pics are of the "Plain Cowl" version - ie the bike with the extra "Plain Cowl" and other goodies in the pre-order bonus. I dont see it written (at least not clear enough) anywhere in the pics that the regular version has pre-applied decals, but I think it's safe to say that this will be the case. No need to worry that the reg version will be stickerless. I can give more complete translations if someone can post clearer or different pics.

I agree with that. Dont see why they need to provide 2 clean cowls for a SE. I mean, what if you want a version with the regular movie/comic decals and a DVD version? Once you used up the decals for the regular version you are ???? outta luck to create the other look.

BTW, nikoniko what does this little sign say?

20091105_62ff03bf72662d081261uBXGTK.jpg

I agree with that. Dont see why they need to provide 2 clean cowls for a SE. I mean, what if you want a version with the regular movie/comic decals and a DVD version? Once you used up the decals for the regular version you are ???? outta luck to create the other look.

BTW, nikoniko what does this little sign say?

20091105_62ff03bf72662d081261uBXGTK.jpg

The little sign says that the bike frame utilizes die cast metal.

And yeah, it's a high likelihood that the reg has the pre-applied decals - as you said, what's the point of two clean cowls. And there are only limited views of the actual box art (which may be a proto box). I would guess that proper legal clearance for the use of the third party trademarks (Arai, Citizen, etc) were not yet obtained until later into development.

One other note - the bike is released under Bandai's Soul of Popynica series, which is actually a revival of an older series from the 70's and 80's and consists of die cast anime/tokusatsu vehicles (they've done Space Cruiser Yamato and are doing the Cowboy Bebop Swordfish). SOP and the related Soul of Chogokin (for robots) are regularly released in Asia with these special pre-order bonus goodies. And more importantly , QC shouldnt be an issue as Bandai usually does a bang up job.

The little sign says that the bike frame utilizes die cast metal.

One other note - the bike is released under Bandai's Soul of Popynica series, which is actually a revival of an older series from the 70's and 80's and consists of die cast anime/tokusatsu vehicles (they've done Space Cruiser Yamato and are doing the Cowboy Bebop Swordfish). SOP and the related Soul of Chogokin (for robots) are regularly released in Asia with these special pre-order bonus goodies. And more importantly , QC shouldnt be an issue as Bandai usually does a bang up job.

Thanks for the translation.

And yeah, I have a few SOC (mazinger, tetsujin, blk ox, etc) and the qc on these are superb. never had a problem and they seem to be build to last forever. And that apply to small parts too. Nothing feels flimsy or easily breakable.

Thanks for the translation.

And yeah, I have a few SOC (mazinger, tetsujin, blk ox, etc) and the qc on these are superb. never had a problem and they seem to be build to last forever. And that apply to small parts too. Nothing feels flimsy or easily breakable.
Yes the SOC stuff is great. I also own quite some of those awesome robots, and have had only one issue so far: my Yellow Eva has a broken toe joint. I think the paint somehow got tacky, and when I checked all the joints I unfortunately forced it, and it broke. I searched so long for a yellow Eva, and when I got it, I broke it, sigh! Still looking for the red Eva - if someone is parting with theirs...

Back