Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can see that the regular edition might not have the extra stickers but why do you think it would not have the decals?

because the regular edition says nothing about coming with decals or stickers. nor does it have pictures with it having them.

Note: I found the LE for $378 some place but I've never ordered anything from them.

Man I would love to have this set but 600 bucks for both?? I am sure it is worth the price though especially if it is as well made as it appears but still that's a pretty big price tag for the current market.
The Kaneda sculpt looks pretty good based on the pics I have seen and his outfit rocks. Definitely better that what Bandai did with their Sailor Moon line Blech.

It has me wondering how the collectibles industry is effected by the market. Do people buy more when they have less money?? There are some markets that thrive in a recession are collectibles part of that?

Man I would love to have this set but 600 bucks for both?? I am sure it is worth the price though especially if it is as well made as it appears but still that's a pretty big price tag for the current market.
The Kaneda sculpt looks pretty good based on the pics I have seen and his outfit rocks. Definitely better that what Bandai did with their Sailor Moon line Blech.

It has me wondering how the collectibles industry is effected by the market. Do people buy more when they have less money?? There are some markets that thrive in a recession are collectibles part of that?

Yeah they are pricey.

well gang I couldn't stand it another second! I pre ordered with SSC. I'm cancelling my BBTS order. This way I know for fact I'll get the whole kit and kaboodell.......or should I say the whole "kit and decal cowl" lol.

because the regular edition says nothing about coming with decals or stickers. nor does it have pictures with it having them.

Note: I found the LE for $378 some place but I've never ordered anything from them.

I did some investigating on google japan and found this listing. Under the description (last box above the 39,900 yen price) it states that the stickers and plain cowl are so that you can apply them to reproduce the "DVD illustration version" of the bike as drawn by Katsuhiro Otomo (presumably this is the art/illustration DVD included in the separate white box with the decals and plain cowl as a special pre-order bonus/present). This makes sense as the sticker sheet has a lot more logos than what was on the bike in the film. And on closer look, the stickers on the proto are quite different from the sheet (ie sheet is missing the USAF style mark). Seems pointless to not include the regular stickered bike otherwise. And I want to reiterate that Bandai often releases really early proto pics (often just a CGI model) so I won't stress that most pics lack decals.

So I think we can safely assume that the regular version will have all the decals applied (and we can all give a sigh of relief and safely pre-order from somewhere other than SST). If I'm wrong, bikes for everyone on me! 冗談ばかり! (J/K)

Last edited:
I did some investigating on google japan and found this listing. Under the description (last box above the 39,900 yen price) it states that the stickers and plain cowl are so that you can reproduce the "DVD illustration version" of the bike as drawn by Katsuhiro Otomo (presumably this is the art/illustration DVD included in the separate white box with the decals and plain cowl as a special pre-order bonus/present). This makes sense as the sticker sheet has a lot more logos than what was on the bike in the film. Seems pointless to not include the regular stickered bike otherwise. And I want to reiterate that Bandai often releases really early proto pics (often just a CGI model) so I won't stress that most pics lack decals.

So I think we can safely assume that the regular version will have all the decals applied (and we can all give a sigh of relief and safely pre-order from somewhere other than SST). If I'm wrong, bikes for everyone on me! 冗談ばかり! (J/K)

Hopefully thats the case because to me, all editions should be decaled. And if not, I'll send you my address for my free bike. :) :chew

I found the LE cheaper on other sites so I'll probably just order from them.

unless production changes are made at the last min, this bike is missing one detail. The tires don't seem to sport their brand and model. I think it was Dunlop but I could be wrong.

Hey now, I love Kaneda and his Bike, and i have ordered both, but do you guys agree that we need a Tetsuo figure to accompany him? All I'm looking for is 1/6 Tetsuo that includes:

His outfit at the end of the movie
-head sculpt clean
-head sculpt with bandage wrap
-white tank-top
-black pants and brown boots
-and his bid red cape
Switchable regular right arm and metal arm
"Akira" Canisters
Concrete throne as his stand

Has a official Tetsuo even been made? Do you think we will get one? What do you guys think?

I did some investigating on google japan and found this listing. Under the description (last box above the 39,900 yen price) it states that the stickers and plain cowl are so that you can apply them to reproduce the "DVD illustration version" of the bike as drawn by Katsuhiro Otomo (presumably this is the art/illustration DVD included in the separate white box with the decals and plain cowl as a special pre-order bonus/present). This makes sense as the sticker sheet has a lot more logos than what was on the bike in the film. And on closer look, the stickers on the proto are quite different from the sheet (ie sheet is missing the USAF style mark). Seems pointless to not include the regular stickered bike otherwise. And I want to reiterate that Bandai often releases really early proto pics (often just a CGI model) so I won't stress that most pics lack decals.

I think you're right with this! :cool:

There is a better picture but this was the only one I could find of the Akira bike with more stickers than the movie version:

kanedaonbikesmall.jpg

I'm not a big fan of this look. I think it has too many stickers. The movie design was much better and should be the non-LE version.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Here's another...

173720291_802185dd39.jpg

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Holy ???? I'd end up topping myself if I had to apply all those decals to the bike. I kind of prefer the bike plain...maybe at a push have just the canon logo. I know it's not movie accurate but it'd look prettier IMO

Hey now, I love Kaneda and his Bike, and i have ordered both, but do you guys agree that we need a Tetsuo figure to accompany him? All I'm looking for is 1/6 Tetsuo that includes:

-head sculpt clean
-white tank-top
-and his bid red cape
"Akira" Canisters

Has a official Tetsuo even been made? Do you think we will get one? What do you guys think?

hopefully they do make a Tetsuo.

-head sculpt clean
-white tank-top
-and his bid red cape
"Akira" Canisters

You know, I considered this briefly. But considering the complex sculpt of the cyborg arm ( I mean if your gonna do it do it right), I don't think it would stand up against heavy handed collectors trying to swap out the arms. Heck even gentile touch collectors would end up putting a good deal of wear on it.

You know, I considered this briefly. But considering the complex sculpt of the cyborg arm ( I mean if your gonna do it do it right), I don't think it would stand up against heavy handed collectors trying to swap out the arms. Heck even gentile touch collectors would end up putting a good deal of wear on it.

medi's ed from FMA is pretty close. A bit more streamlined than what tetsuo's. just need a bit more detail.

Strewth! Just order direct from Sideshow. It'll get here a couple of months earlier, you get Sideshow brilliant after sales service, and earn reward points!

So ForbiddenPlanet.com want £740 + delivery (Gotta be another £10-£20 within the UK) So that's gonna run you around £750 MINIMUM to buy here in Blighty (That's $1256 to you sir :horror...

...Or LE version, direct from Sideshow $620 (Lets say they whack $50 on top to ship it over here - any opinions on that figure? The website estimates £28! I'd love to believe it but...)

So that's about $670 = £400 + 17.5% UK VAT

Total to my door of...£470!!

A saving of £270GBP! to get the better version, quicker! Me thinks Sideshow will be keeping my pre-order :joy

Now, still got to find that £500... I'm sure I left it laying around here somewhere, anyone? anyone? :duh

Back