Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a regular on SS? I thought they only had the one with "LE" in the corner.

Oh my bad, never bought from SS before. You're right, one is full payment, and one is flex pay. Still, is the LE one from sideshow an exclusive, or is that the same version everyone is getting (ie BBTS etc.)?

Just ordered from SS and flex pay'd both of them. This is a dream come true! I first saw Akira from a bootleg vhs tape when I was a junior in high school back in 1990. No subtitles; completely raw. But DAMN! That film changed me and launched me as it did so many into the world of anime. It was the first true anime that I had ever seen that had not been tampered with by Americans like Mach Go, Go, Go (Speed Racer), Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets), or Macross (Robotech). Akira sent me on a path to Gundam, original Macross, Miyazaki, and so many other wonderful series and films. I've always wanted a 1/6 scale Kaneda with bike. Now it's going to happen. Now all we need is...TETSUO!!!!

Oh my bad, never bought from SS before. You're right, one is full payment, and one is flex pay. Still, is the LE one from sideshow an exclusive, or is that the same version everyone is getting (ie BBTS etc.)?

I don't know - but I'd expect it's the same, I don't know what the deal is with SS stating it's a limited edition. Isn't everything they sell? Like I said, don't know.

The Limited Edition (LE) that is being offered from Sideshow comes with an addtional white box which contains an extra plain/sticker-free cowl, stickers and an art/illustration DVD (small print was not very legible).

20091104_d7112aba91e1e182e3b9xe3-1.jpg

FYI can be connected to an external speakers! :lol

WithText20091105_d4babaaf9924e7c717.jpg

Sound effects, including engine start, rev, tires, drift and drive.

Last edited:
does the bike have sound?

oh yes, lights, sounds, the whole shebang. Ha ha!...bang.

Check out Sideshow's product page, it tells you all about it:
This die-cast metal vehicle replica is complete with LED light-up features, including front and back wheels, headlights, taillights, blinker, and dashboard, as well as sound effects, including engine start, rev, tires, drift and drive. The headlights can be adjusted to move up and down, and the front can be raised and lowered to simulate park and drive modes. The model has three power levels - off, lights only, and lights with sound, and has full, workable suspension created under cowling. (Requires 4 AAA batteries, not included.)

The Limited Edition (LE) that is being offered from Sideshow comes with an addtional white box which contains an extra plain/sticker-free cowl, stickers and an art/illustration DVD (small print was not very legible).

That's interesting, because places like BBTS which also have preorders up, show images of the version without stickers... which led me to believe the stickered version was the "limited" version. well, now i'm more confused... so is the bike just limited in general, or is BBTS also selling the limited version, simply without stating it?

That's interesting, because places like BBTS which also have preorders up, show images of the version without stickers... which led me to believe the stickered version was the "limited" version. well, now i'm more confused... so is the bike just limited in general, or is BBTS also selling the limited version, simply without stating it?

Excellent question! :huh

All that I know is that, SSC is offering the limited version for sure.

Yeah good Q!

Why would they sell a bike with no decals??!!

The piont is that you are getting two cowling (fairing) coverings. One of the fairings' will have no pre-applied decal stickers upon the fairing's bare surface. Meaning that the decals (stickers) are printed on a decal sheet so that you can apply as many and in what ever combination/ configuration upon the bare surfaces of the fairing.

Last edited:
I ordered one. I don't know if I'll be able to afford it, but I hate the thought of missing out.

I have two one-sheets hanging in my office- One is Blade Runner and the other is Akira.

OK, my Medi supplier just said Kaneda and Bike + decals, no mention of xtra cowlings. but thats maybe coz I'm getting them from Japan and its SS exclusive that u get the xtras.

Based on all of the sites with pre orders i've just googled, the stickered version looks to be limited. i'm still unclear on exactly what it means.... that you get a second set of cowls/fairings with a sheet of stickers? that's the "limited" aspect, eh?

Based on all of the sites with pre orders i've just googled, the stickered version looks to be limited. i'm still unclear on exactly what it means.... that you get a second set of cowls/fairings with a sheet of stickers? that's the "limited" aspect, eh?

The Limited Edition (LE) that is being offered from Sideshow comes with an addtional white box which contains an extra plain/sticker-free cowling cover parts, stickers and an art/illustration DVD (small print was not very legible).

I ordered one. I don't know if I'll be able to afford it, but I hate the thought of missing out.

I have two one-sheets hanging in my office- One is Blade Runner and the other is Akira.
I am very pleased to read this Batty.

I'll cancell other things before I miss out on this.

Back