Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s a reasonable price to pay for the medicom 1/6 kaneda figure and his medicom 1/6 scale bike?

When it comes these and the current prices, there’s no such thing as reasonable. That’s why I haven’t been able to get myself to bite the bullet yet on these prices.

The second white box is optional parts and stickers. The windshield and light controls are all certainly included with the main toy.

Both arrived safe and sound today. Got Tetsuo coming in this week as well. Can’t wait to get them displayed.

22BE93A9-6E54-48E2-888D-542F2767A0C9.jpg

93B51867-118C-4C7A-BFEF-30BC84DBD55B.jpg

D8C8992E-A90C-49C0-9899-69F618538B03.jpg

My only problem areas are the "dull" metal parts. Not rusty, but have a bit of oxydization to them. Thankfully the shiny chrome parts under the wheels still look good. I give mine a good thorough cleaning every now and then. My biggest concern is the tires. They have more of a grey sheen to them than black, even after cleaning. But I've never rubbed any kind of oil or anything on it. I don't want it to melt!

Sad thing is this toy is rapidly approaching ten years old! We gotta be extra careful with them. That bastard Father Time eventually turns all of our toys (and US!) into dust.

My only problem areas are the "dull" metal parts. Not rusty, but have a bit of oxydization to them. Thankfully the shiny chrome parts under the wheels still look good. I give mine a good thorough cleaning every now and then. My biggest concern is the tires. They have more of a grey sheen to them than black, even after cleaning. But I've never rubbed any kind of oil or anything on it. I don't want it to melt!

Sad thing is this toy is rapidly approaching ten years old! We gotta be extra careful with them. That bastard Father Time eventually turns all of our toys (and US!) into dust.

I also try not to use the lights too much, in case the LEDs die XD
The tires on mine still look fine, which is good, frightened to use any sort of cleaning stuff on my bike as it might react to it.

Nooooo!! I won't let ageing get to my precious :O lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you guys really need to apply tire shines on them rubber and put something below the bike so the weight of the bike doesn't sit on the rubber and deform it over time. and avoid direct contact of rubber with other rubber/plastic materials that aren't the wheels.

HTG, you inspired me to give mine another cleaning. Tires seem to be holding up well. All the chrome is still nice and shiny. Lights and sounds are fine. Only problems are the metal bits that are not chrome, like the "kickstand" and some of the parts hidden in the chassis, that have oxidized a bit and are really hard to clean. Thankfully none of that shows, especially with all the covers on.

Also, one of the rubber handlebars has a tiny little rip in it. Not the end of the world obviously, but it's something I need to keep an eye on.

God I love this toy. It really is the crown jewel of my collection. Just magnificent, even after all these years!!

HTG, you inspired me to give mine another cleaning. Tires seem to be holding up well. All the chrome is still nice and shiny. Lights and sounds are fine. Only problems are the metal bits that are not chrome, like the "kickstand" and some of the parts hidden in the chassis, that have oxidized a bit and are really hard to clean. Thankfully none of that shows, especially with all the covers on.

Also, one of the rubber handlebars has a tiny little rip in it. Not the end of the world obviously, but it's something I need to keep an eye on.

God I love this toy. It really is the crown jewel of my collection. Just magnificent, even after all these years!!

Hehe [emoji6] It's just an incredible piece! Really never tire of looking at it. Finally got myself one of these cool Otomo tribute books, been wanting to get it for a while.
ebec59fdced3df9dab237c0ea76c1d9c.jpg

Had a few people ask to buy the bike off me, never ever going to sell it XD
Hope your handlebar grips don't get any worse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man, I wish Medicom either re-released this or did a Mafex version I'd be rapt... There definitely needs to be a good 1:12th version of these characters and THAT bike!

McFarlane during it's peak only managed as far as 3 characters (Kaneda+Bike, Akira, Clown). i doubt any other companies can make more than that many characters (except the trading figures).

*edit: my bad, Medicom already released 4 characters in 1/6. Kaneda (x2), Tetsuo and 2 Soldiers named Grunt A & Grunt B.

Back