Medicom Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to just reiterate - "it's crap" is not a comment that any of us need to read and isn't worthy of a post. If that's all you got - shut the ^^^^ up.

At least the shirt collar closes at the neck - that's more than the HT one can do. I would agree that the head is too pretty - the paint too even and actually makes him look like a real clown rather than a malevolent psychopath.

Looks like someone loves Medicom a little too much.

Hey this figure is NOT crap! True it comes in third in the Joker race, but third is still a medal winner. The worst thing about this Joker are his eyes. They are sad, not evil. The cloth that they chose for the figure could have been better, but as stated, the shirt looks good. I won't be buying one as I have the HT version, but if there were no HT Joker. I'd be there. The DC Direct Joker is nice, but to tall to work well with other figures, so that would leave just Medicom. I have several Medicom figures I think are great. Wolverine. Spiderman, Ghost Rider, and the Marvel Comic Book series to name just a few. Stop being so petty and just be thankful we have such great choices.

No, it's not very good. But it's got a pretty good likeness of Heath Ledger.

The scars are off, and the paint is really bad, but the actual sculpt is pretty good. But the clothes are horrible.

Can't say I agree with you duder. The HT V1 Joker looks more like Ledger then that does....heck, Mattel's 5 inch kiddie Joker looks more like Ledger then that does.

Theres no detail in his face at all...no crusted make-up, no juicy scars...nuthin. And its very very bright...

They surely are going for an exaggerated, "anime-esque" Joker here. Realizing that they couldn't compete with Hot Toys in terms of realism, they may be going for a different Japanese demographic by just going all out "cartoon" in his look.

Am I the only one who thinks it isn't that bad? I mean, obviously it doesn't compare to Hot Toys, and is really overpriced, but as a figure on it's own (without comparisson) it has a different vibe that works similarly to their Two-face. Obvisouly not great but not horrible IMO.

Definitely. If I didn't have the Hot Toy's figure to compare with this then it would probably look like a decent figure.

Can't say I agree with you duder. The HT V1 Joker looks more like Ledger then that does....heck, Mattel's 5 inch kiddie Joker looks more like Ledger then that does.

Theres no detail in his face at all...no crusted make-up, no juicy scars...nuthin. And its very very bright...

No, but the sculpt looks more like a smooth faced Ledger, it's just the problem with paint and that the scars are completely wrong, other than that it looks like Ledger. I've been working on a 3D sculpt of the Joker so I've studied his face a lot, and it sure looks like Ledger--But since he's supposed to look like the Joker, that's not exactly good for selling the figure.

The 3D thing you have on your sig is great...I just really dont think the Medi looks like Heath...but then again, people feel that way about the HT V1...which it doesnt look all that much, but a little bit.

Definitely. If I didn't have the Hot Toy's figure to compare with this then it would probably look like a decent figure.

I dunno, man. It's been mentioned already, but even the DCD Joker bears a far greater likeness, paint, clothing, etc.

Now if Hasbro would've made a Joker, this one would look like it was touched by the hand of the nerd god, "Gamjee".

I am sure atleast the joker will not do well in Japan, they didn't even like the movie there in Japan. The Batman figures are a maybe since he is actually an iconic character globally even before TDK.

3050606002_0ed29263ab_o.jpg

In that pose, and with that non-threatening face, he looks like he is getting ready to break into song... a thoughtful, wistful song. There is absolutely no Heath Ledger in that face. HT Joker #1 has more Ledger in it, and it was horribly off. This looks like the child-safe "High School Musical 3 Joker". :duh

The only thing I like is the shirt, and the shoes. That shirt is nice for 1/6 scale but the shoes are HUGE!!! Out of scale imo.

Back