Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush set

Not liking the thickness of the cape of the medi one, and the custom one bunch too much on the neck area - almost looks like he's wearing turtleneck.

Thanks, guys!

Plasmid,
Looks great!!
How about a sidebyside comparison with custom vs non-custom.
Thanks

I forgot to take photos of the figure before I started modding it. Sorry. :slap I'll go back and try to find a photo here of the stock figure that I can do a comparison with.

That looks damn near perfect dude!
Did the figure retain its poseability?
Looks great at any rate!

Yep, the articulation is unaffected. I made sure that the sculpting was clear of the joints.

Looks great man, i'm doin pretty much the same except that i'm using a lower tt body instead of the medi one.

Really looking forward to your efforts, Seb. Your stuff is always crazy good. :clap

i just saw this in hand this weekend. I liked it better in hand, but the body suit looks like it might flake. It looks like thin vinyl coated cloth.
Plasmid 303, how does the inside of the suit look??? just curious

I think elvis1976 could give a better answer since he works with a lot of fabric for is customs, but looking at the underside of the suit's fabric, you could be right. The stitched fabric underside feels like it could stretch like Lycra but is restricted by the coating on the opposite side. There's not much give and would probably start cracking with enough prolonged stress.

I thought it was pleather at first, but its not.

A quick instagram style pics because I was lacking time tonight.

Mostly added to the inner thighs and waist. Pic is pre-sanding.
IMG_7134_zpsba1b6c41.png

IMG_7143_zps268da8b0.png

Thanks for the small review man. I was interested in this one for a bit but wanted to see some in hand pics of it first.
Do you do allot of Mods and post them on instagram?

Recently got the medi Jim Lee Batman for a good price.

I hated it right out the box.
Waist was too skinny and legs too skinny and long making the silohette really odd to me.

Only parts i kept from the medi body is the upper chest and arms.
From the lower torso to the legs I used a HT TTM19.

I resculpted the thigh and calves and tried to get closer to the Jim Lee drawings.

Still debating wether or not I should go with grey and blue or black and grey.

Cape is from Tony Mei got this one a while back think it was his old pattern.

Here's a first wip pics.

P1060380_zps73edcf49.jpg

:clap Looks great! Did you have any trouble getting the body back into the suit?

Waist was too skinny and legs too skinny and long making the silohette really odd to me.

Only parts i kept from the medi body is the upper chest and arms.
From the lower torso to the legs I used a HT TTM19.

I resculpted the thigh and calves and tried to get closer to the Jim Lee drawings.

Still debating wether or not I should go with grey and blue or black and grey.

Cape is from Tony Mei got this one a while back think it was his old pattern.

Here's a first wip pics.

P1060380_zps73edcf49.jpg

That looks fantastic!
Congratulations.

One thing I've been meaning to ask seeing all these extensive body mods you do, do they retain their poseability or are they more like statues now?

Here's a first wip pics.

P1060380_zps73edcf49.jpg

Simply Beautiful!! :clap Do you have another for a side by side comparison shot?

:clap Looks great! Did you have any trouble getting the body back into the suit?

No it was fairly easy but I already but I already noticed some stress mark at the back where the velcro is.

That looks fantastic!
Congratulations.

One thing I've been meaning to ask seeing all these extensive body mods you do, do they retain their poseability or are they more like statues now?

The body still has full articulation :)

Simply Beautiful!! :clap Do you have another for a side by side comparison shot?

Comparison with the original medi you mean?
That will be hard since i didn't took any pics before. But I will post ton of pics once he's done for sure.

Not really digging the 5 o'clock shadow, but I know it's a preference of yours.
At any rate, the figure looks very impressive!

Where did you get the belt from, elvis? I've been wanting to replace mine so it isn't so cheesy looking.

Not really digging the 5 o'clock shadow, but I know it's a preference of yours.
At any rate, the figure looks very impressive!

The 5 o'clock shadow is what I like in most of Lee's artork and specially in all-star Batman. No time to shave :)

Where did you get the belt from, elvis? I've been wanting to replace mine so it isn't so cheesy looking.

I made the belt, the pouches are form the first avengers cap figure repainted and the belt buckle was made by Mike Pister.

Back