Medicom Jango Fett Armor issue???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey has anyone run across there medicom armored figure getting tacky???
I have a jango fett and his armor is sticky can it be cleaned?

Last edited:
Very common problem with silver paint unfortunately. Sideshow's Star Wars logos on their stands often stick to the feet of their figures too.

Very common problem with silver paint unfortunately. Sideshow's Star Wars logos on their stands often stick to the feet of their figures too.

That must be it anyone have a suggestion to desticky the armor? Nothing like a chemical cleaner maybe soap and water?

The shoulder bells on my Medi Blackhole Stormie are a bit sticky too. This is not the case with their Stormie and Sandtrooper though... Could be the paint I guess.

That must be it anyone have a suggestion to desticky the armor? Nothing like a chemical cleaner maybe soap and water?

Unfortunately, if it's the paint, it'll need to be stripped and repainted. There's really no other way to fix it because it wasn't dried all the way when shipped. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenammagazine
It'll remove the paint.

Damn. I hope Cowboy sees this post in time.
To late!!!!! :gah:

Just kidding Evil is evil!! :nono

Last edited:
Cowboy, you may try lighter fluid.
I used zippo lighter fluid to clean every sticky surface.:wink1:

My Medi Boba has the same issue. Its not the armor itself that is causing the stickiness, its the glue holding it to his vest that's starting to break down and get slimy.

Just brush over it lightly with watered down silver acrylic with a soft nylon brush (round) . It will seal it and you wont lose the "gleam" if you use water. Dont glop it on. I would do this when I over sprayed areas of custom figures with matte acrylic sealer and they got tacky.

btw, dont put alcohol, acetone, or goof off or anything like that on the figure unless you just want to remove the paint.

Back