Medicom Hannibal Lecter and Saw

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iono... I said that about bruce lee.. when it first appeared in the same light conditions... and when the initial stock photos came out I was blown away.

I have no doubt this can look like Anthony Hopkins in the right light, I made my initial comment to say we need well photographed images to see what's going on there cuz clearly this was shot with a low-grade camera in poor lighting conditions.

Well, I'm gonna use the Yavin Luke argument for this. Bad angle/lighting. BUT maybe another/better pic would sell me, unlike Yavin Luke.

613240924a9969b4afaolk9.jpg

Well, for one, the image isn't sharp, too, the colors are fairly dull, and 3, the lighting is pretty much full lighting, there's minimal shadows and where there are shadows, the shade difference from the midtones and lights is very minimal so it doesn't serve well to show off the likeness, and if it truly is a Anthony Hopkins SOL likeness, there should be a good ammount of creases in his skin around the eyes and very defining portrait.

I hate to even think it, but he almost looks like a drag queen the way that photo makes his eye area look, perhaps they were thinking about Buffalo Bill when they painted him :lol

To me, Brian Cox will always be Hannibal Lecter. While Anthony Hopkins is a terrific actor, his portrayal turned Lecter into a cartoon character glorified by his gratuitous violence. It would be cool to have some Manhunter figures of Brian Cox Lecter, William Petersen's Will Graham and Tom Noonan's creepy Tooth Fairy. In-a-gadda-da-vida honey!

I'm not impressed with the sculpt at all based on that pic. Of course, I'll reserve final judgment until better photos pop up because that isn't the greatest of pics.

However, the Jigsaw figure looks really freakin' cool!!! It'd be nice if they included a Billy Puppet on Tricycle too...

dekadentdave said:
To me, Brian Cox will always be Hannibal Lecter. While Anthony Hopkins is a terrific actor, his portrayal turned Lecter into a cartoon character glorified by his gratuitous violence. It would be cool to have some Manhunter figures of Brian Cox Lecter, William Petersen's Will Graham and Tom Noonan's creepy Tooth Fairy. In-a-gadda-da-vida honey!

I agree he turned into a charactur, but not until 'Hannibal', in 'Silence...' I think he was perfect, and THAN the media made him a cartoon. He was scarrier behind all that glass and locked up than when he was free in the sequals.

PosterBoyKelly said:
I agree he turned into a charactur, but not until 'Hannibal', in 'Silence...' I think he was perfect, and THAN the media made him a cartoon. He was scarrier behind all that glass and locked up than when he was free in the sequals.

I agree, I much prefere Silence and Red Dragon because it's about his strength while imprisoned, his mental ability to work people and do evil without ever having to physically do anything.

Definately want to see better pics of Hannibal, the portrait is essential. Jigsaw...eh, I love the film, but really the killer in costume does nothing for me. To me, the film is Billy, because Jigsaw worked thru him. Oh and by the way, yes the pig mask does look that weird. I have photos of the real one and could have bought it at one time, if I had $4K laying about :monkey3

I think the sculpt is there in the Hannibal figure....he just needs the wrinkles and to have an overall older look.I prefer the medicom sculpt to the Neca one.

As long as the Hannibal sculpt is close, it will look fine with the mask on. I love movie figures based on books. If they don't get the actor's likeness just right, it can easily just pass as a 'book' version of the character.

Granted, the outfit is memorable and fits to include the restraint mask, but it's such a poor choice for a Medicom RAH figure. NECA's works because, like McFarlane, their figures feature little to not articulation, so having a restrained Hannibal uses the format well, just gives you a well sculpted and pantined display piece. Now I know Hannibal isn't a very actiony character, but the straight jacket is rather limiting, at least in the blue suit, he'd have mobility to pose however you want. I'll be curious to see what the final offering is. Sadly, Medi is low on accessories so not likely they would have his blue suit for him to change into from the straight jacket.

are there better pics of hannible out there? the pic doesn't really tell if the scupt is good or not.

Anyways, wonder if medi would include the mask and gurney as a accesory, or a blue suit baton welding bloody hannible head?

minivader said:
or a blue suit baton welding bloody hannible head?

Well, to be a bit Hannibal nit picky, he didn't have the blue suit when he beat down Sergeant Pimbry, he had on white pants and a white t-shirt.

Hannibal's SOL outfits were:

1) blue prison jumpsuit with white t-shirt -Baltimore Hospital

2) orange jumpsuit with white t-shirt, tan straight jacket and mask - Memphis Airport

3) white prison t-shirt and pants - Memphis imprisonment facility

4) Sergeant Pimbry's police uniform and face - Memphis escape

5) tourist's clothes - Tropical getaway

MaulFan said:
Well, to be a bit Hannibal nit picky, he didn't have the blue suit when he beat down Sergeant Pimbry, he had on white pants and a white t-shirt.

Hannibal's SOL outfits were:

1) blue prison jumpsuit with white t-shirt -Baltimore Hospital

2) orange jumpsuit with white t-shirt, tan straight jacket and mask - Memphis Airport

3) white prison t-shirt and pants - Memphis imprisonment facility

4) Sergeant Pimbry's police uniform and face - Memphis escape

5) tourist's clothes - Tropical getaway

yeah, it was a white t-shirt, that would be pretty cool, bloody. Be even better if they include the face skin that's removable.

Back