MEDICOM GHOST IN THE SHELL MOTOKO!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We know Roy is coming but given Popbox's schedule it's prob a ways off. hopefully soon tho. I love that Popbox is doing them but don't like that the decrease in quality on the Flight Suit versions, I wished they just charge $100 and just give us better figures instead of trying to match the price of the Utility versions.

Agreed completely. I would definitely shell up more cash if it meant better proportions and sculpt. It seems like this line isn't getting the love it deserves, though, which leads me to think that we may never see the Roy figure, even. :monkey2 I've been asking PopBox for awhile now if any other characters are in their future plans. I'd love to have good 1/6 figures of Misa, Minmay, Milia, etc. There seems to be this stigma that Macross fans only want mecha collectibles, but I'd argue that representations of the characters (the heart of the series) are an equally important part of the experience. I loves me my Yamato Valkyries, don't get me wrong, but 1/6 figs are what really seem to be lacking at this point.

It's nice to see another Macross (and TTGL!!!) fan on the boards, btw. SDF Macross is still my top anime classic of all time, and a major focus of my collecting habits (Yamato and Sideshow's SW line pretty much own my wallet at this point :monkey4).

The thing is Konami also owns a good Chunk of TTGL so it's whenever they feel like whoring the license out. They will eventually, like most Konami things, it's just a matter of time. Of course even if it happens we have no idea what the other companies will make. I'm Hoping Medicom will be moved by the GAR that they will feel the need to make 1/6 figures.

Oh hell yes! Medicom TTGL figures would be absolutely amazing, if the above Motoko figure is any indication! I absolutely NEED Kamina, Simon, Yoko, Viral, Kittan... damn, the list goes on and on. And that's not even counting the time-skip versions. Heh.

I'm still trying (with no luck) to hunt down the Lagann Impact Model (w/ Simon) by Konami. I've had an order in with HLJ for ages now, and they still list it as backordered. Do you have that figure? The sculpt looked excellent, though it is a bit small for the price. Do you know where I could find one these days?

I was debating the Konami SOC-esque GL toy for awhile now. The amount of drills it comes with rivals my actual tool box. :lol The big sticker price on that one kept me at bay for now. I'm waiting for the reviews to come in, first, since this is Konami's first stab at a Chogokin, and my confidence in them isn't all that high. I do have a preorder in for the GL Wing Version Impact Model, though, and the Revoltech is as good as mine the moment it comes out. I just wish I could make it to WF for the amazing limited glowing core drill version!! :monkey5

Definitely keep me updated with your custom figs, Bro!

Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! That's the Gurren Dan way!

I've been slowly converting my friends to the wonders of this show. Hopefully it will be a bit easier once ADV settles their money/contract problems and gets back on track putting the dvds out in the US. I actually discovered TTGL only a month ago, when I downloaded the first three fansubbed episodes. In the course of two days after that, I watched the entire series with few breaks. I was so absolutely floored and simply couldn't stop. This is, IMHO, the greatest anime of 2007 (ah hell, of 2000, I'd argue!). We need to spread the word!

GIGA... DRILL... BREAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Last edited:
guess there are some fans of tengen toppa here, that was a fun show. total no brianer but very entertaining to watch. loved how they sneak in characters from other show they have done in there :D

Agreed completely. I would definitely shell up more cash if it meant better proportions and sculpt. It seems like this line isn't getting the love it deserves, though, which leads me to think that we may never see the Roy figure, even. :monkey2 I've been asking PopBox for awhile now if any other characters are in their future plans. I'd love to have good 1/6 figures of Misa, Minmay, Milia, etc. There seems to be this stigma that Macross fans only want mecha collectibles, but I'd argue that representations of the characters (the heart of the series) are an equally important part of the experience. I loves me my Yamato Valkyries, don't get me wrong, but 1/6 figs are what really seem to be lacking at this point.

That's exactly what I mean, realistically you can't charge the same price for the Utility version and Flight Suit version without dropping the quality of the Flight Suit version, which is what they did. as for the lineup, I hope in the end we have at least Hikaru, Roy and Max in Utility and Flight versions. I agree and would love to have the rest of the main cast as well especially Misa, Minmay and Milia.

Sad to admit that there are a good number of fans that only care about the mecha, The general stereotype in Japan, is that older guys only like Mecha and Girl figures and the ever growing community of female collectors like the male figures, there are exceptions to this however but I Hear you Brother, Mecha are cool and I love my Robots but it's the characters that make the series and they are just as important if not more than the Mecha from the series. The Characters are the ones who carry the message of the series are are the soul of the story! I know that we must not be the only ones who feel this way!! More and more Character figures are getting made slowly and surely we'll get good figures of all the characters we love.

It's nice to see another Macross (and TTGL!!!) fan on the boards, btw. SDF Macross is still my top anime classic of all time, and a major focus of my collecting habits (Yamato and Sideshow's SW line pretty much own my wallet at this point :monkey4).

Likewise Bro, you got good taste!!

Oh hell yes! Medicom TTGL figures would be absolutely amazing, if the above Motoko figure is any indication! I absolutely NEED Kamina, Simon, Yoko, Viral, Kittan... damn, the list goes on and on. And that's not even counting the time-skip versions. Heh.

I am hoping we get them all at some point. TTGL definetly needs to have more figures out there. Esp 1/6

I'm still trying (with no luck) to hunt down the Lagann Impact Model (w/ Simon) by Konami. I've had an order in with HLJ for ages now, and they still list it as backordered. Do you have that figure? The sculpt looked excellent, though it is a bit small for the price. Do you know where I could find one these days?

Hmm.. I may have an extra one lying around. I'll have to look. It's a good piece and goes well with the MMS Yoko that Konami released as well. Only Problem is there's no inscale Kamina to complete the trio. However, the upcoming trading figure set is inscale with it so that will improve the display options. I do admit it's a bit expensive especially if you compare it to a Bandai Chogokin release at the same price point but hey there's no other company putting one out and it is a nice piece. Only wish that Simon was fully poseable and not just the upper body. I'll look for that extra one for you or I can find you one the next time I go back to JP. I see it in abundance there.

I was debating the Konami SOC-esque GL toy for awhile now. The amount of drills it comes with rivals my actual tool box. :lol The big sticker price on that one kept me at bay for now. I'm waiting for the reviews to come in, first, since this is Konami's first stab at a Chogokin, and my confidence in them isn't all that high. I do have a preorder in for the GL Wing Version Impact Model, though, and the Revoltech is as good as mine the moment it comes out. I just wish I could make it to WF for the amazing limited glowing core drill version!! :monkey5

Definitely keep me updated with your custom figs, Bro!

Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! That's the Gurren Dan way!

I think the main problem seems to be that a lot of ppl have is that fact it's only 20cm (8inch) but the price is equal or close to a Big Size SOC like Gunbuster or Ideon. It's understandeable since Konami will prob produce lower numbers of GL compared to the production of an SOC. When Konami first shown the GL it reminded a lot of Max Factory's MAX GOKIN line for some reason, I guess maybe because MAX tries to go for the SOC style presentation and it seems Konami is doing the same thing with the GL.

I'm not sure how Konami will fare with this release but Max Factory has certainly shown they can put out nice Quality Chogokin toys, Ppl were saying the same thing about MAX GOKIN when they first started coming out and while there have been little problems here and there (Mostly GGGG) they have won many fans over. Let's Hope Konami can do the same. I am planning on doing a review of the GL so just keep an eye on Henshinhobby.com for it or I'll let you know whatever comes first -_^

The wing Impact model is cool and of course the Revoltech is a given, can't wait to get it in my hands.

Of course I will keep you updated on my project! Hope can get it done by summer.

I've been slowly converting my friends to the wonders of this show. Hopefully it will be a bit easier once ADV settles their money/contract problems and gets back on track putting the dvds out in the US. I actually discovered TTGL only a month ago, when I downloaded the first three fansubbed episodes. In the course of two days after that, I watched the entire series with few breaks. I was so absolutely floored and simply couldn't stop. This is, IMHO, the greatest anime of 2007 (ah hell, of 2000, I'd argue!). We need to spread the word!

GIGA... DRILL... BREAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I agree! Do spread the word! TTGL IMO is the BEST series in more than 10 years. Not many things have touched me in the same level that TTGL has. The Characters, the message, The Inspiration, the moments and all the GAR has Moved me Beyond reason and I will hold it in my Heart Forever. Meeting Nakashima san in my last trip to Japan was prob one of the Greatest moments in my life!! This is the Greatest Prodction Gainax has done since Top wo Nerae!!!!

SORE GA TENGEN TOPPA!!!!! SORE GA GURREN LAGANN!!!!!!! ORE NO DRILL WA... TEN O TSUKURU DRILL DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
guess there are some fans of tengen toppa here, that was a fun show. total no brianer but very entertaining to watch. loved how they sneak in characters from other show they have done in there :D

Perhaps it's not the most cerebral series out there and it's certainly not a series for the hardcore "real robot" lover but it's certainly no less Deep and Powerful if not More so. In my Opinion, TTGL Is the GREATEST series in more than 10 years, there are not many series that have more HEART and SPIRIT than TTGL

ORE NO DRILL WA... TEN O TSUKURU DRILL DA!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Perhaps it's not the most cerebral series out there and it's certainly not a series for the hardcore "real robot" lover but it's certainly no less Deep and Powerful if not More so. In my Opinion, TTGL Is the GREATEST series in more than 10 years, there are not many series that have more HEART and SPIRIT than TTGL

ORE NO DRILL WA... TEN O TSUKURU DRILL DA!!!!!!!!

Yeah, tengen toppa has a lot of heart and spirit that's for sure. greatest series in 10 years? well I guess that's totally debatable and comes down to each's own taste and what they appeal to. I personally find mushishi to be just as powerful spiritually. it somehow invoke a desire to pounder and think. Aim for the top2 was powerful as well, too bad its only a 6 ep series, I think they could have develope it into something really great. And lastly, just finished watching code geass, i personally enjoy it more than tengen toppa for its more indepth characters and some fantastic twist in the series. especially at the end with euphemia.

man, this thread has completely gone off topic. :D

Yeah, tengen toppa has a lot of heart and spirit that's for sure. greatest series in 10 years? well I guess that's totally debatable and comes down to each's own taste and what they appeal to. I personally find mushishi to be just as powerful spiritually. it somehow invoke a desire to pounder and think. Aim for the top2 was powerful as well, too bad its only a 6 ep series, I think they could have develope it into something really great. And lastly, just finished watching code geass, i personally enjoy it more than tengen toppa for its more indepth characters and some fantastic twist in the series. especially at the end with euphemia.

man, this thread has completely gone off topic. :D

I love Mushshi as well but the type of feeling it has is very different than TTGL. Mushishi is more of a philosophical type of series, philosophy in the truest sense. TTGL is more Inspiring and Heroic and the message is expressed in a more straightforward manner than in riddles. As I said it's not cerebral and not really meant to be but for someone who can truly grasp the message and feel the GAR it's Extremely Powerful and Deep. If you are a dedicated fan of the "Real Robot" genre then that type of stuff may not appeal to you as Super Robot stuff is generally too over the top and unrealistic for the Real Robot fan but for a fan of Super Robots It's the GREATEST and Most GAR **** Ever!!! I Proudly Cried Man Tears When I watched TTGL!!!

Top Wo Nerae is Great both 1 and 2. I consider the Top Wo Nerae with TTGL the Best works that Gainax has ever put out.

Code Geass is great as well and ended with a pretty crazy cliffhanger However as the series is not over I will reserve my judgment until the end. The trailers for R2 look promising and I'm looking forward to it. My main problem with Code Geass is that it seems like such a "Manufactured" series. It has all the current hot trends of all Anime rolled into one series. It has great production values though, so good that even though the "Manufactured" feeling is obvious it's still a Great series but we'll see how it holds up by the end of R2. The ending will have to be frikkin incredible to be able to stand up there with TTGL's Incredible ending.

Sad to admit that there are a good number of fans that only care about the mecha...

Sad, but true. Hell, there even seems to be this ridiculous stigma on other boards I frequent about collecting 1/6 character figures in the first place. You can't bring up the Macross PopBox figures in places like MacrossWorld (arguably the most informative site for all things M), for example, without the thread quickly degenerating into "sorry, but I'd rather play with my robots than some girlie man-dollies." That kind of thinking is just beyond me, and I'm afraid companies like PopBox may get the wrong idea and quit producing the line. As flawed as they can be, these are the only option right now, and I do have a soft spot for them.

Call me an odd mecha show fan, but the first toys I wanted when I saw Macross as a kid were both a Roy Fokker action figure AND his VF-1S Valkyrie. I loved the iconic transforming plane, but I cared about the character even more. I can't describe how happy I am to look over at my shelf and see Max and Hikaru standing there each day. These characters are the HEART of Macross, and I would definitely shell out the dough to buy 'em all. :rock I've collected all the main character gashapons that CMS put out over the years, but there's something to be said about a 1/6 scale collectors' item versus a $5 non-poseable pvc figure.

But again, I'm glad to have found someone on the same wavelength. Like the Great Gurren Dan, we character figure collectors must stand together and celebrate not only the crazy giant robots, but the pilots who put the soul and spirit into them! Oh, and also buy that amazing figure of the Major discussed earlier in this thread (see, I'm on topic! :monkey3).

Hmm.. I may have an extra one lying around. I'll have to look. It's a good piece and goes well with the MMS Yoko that Konami released as well. Only Problem is there's no inscale Kamina to complete the trio. However, the upcoming trading figure set is inscale with it so that will improve the display options. I'll look for that extra one for you or I can find you one the next time I go back to JP. I see it in abundance there.

Seriously?! Bro, I would be so incredibly thankful if you were to find a Lagann for me!!!! I've been hunting on eBay and every import toy shop I can think of with no luck. It's nearly impossible to find anime toys in Connecticut, so I always do 99.9% of my shopping online...but even my usual sources have failed me. I would gladly pay you extra for your time and effort!!!!!

I have a preorder in for a box of 10 of the TTGL trading figures (I'm hoping I'll get at least 1 or 2 of the chase figs by buying a box...we'll see). After I saw a photo of those next to the Lagann, and noted the scale, I had to splurge (knowing that someday I'll own that Lagann, damn it!). If anything, they'll look nice next to my small Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster/Diebuster trading figs display, for a little Gainax love – though that may be too much burning spirit/hard work and guts for my shelf to handle. :lol Yes, I'm also a huge Top wo Nerae! fan! Another classic that blew my mind all those years ago. Man, I'm starting to think you're my long lost twin or something. :rotfl

I think the main problem seems to be that a lot of ppl have is that fact it's only 20cm (8inch) but the price is equal or close to a Big Size SOC like Gunbuster or Ideon. I am planning on doing a review of the GL so just keep an eye on Henshinhobby.com for it or I'll let you know whatever comes first -_^

I'm still looking to find a reasonably priced SOC Gunbuster at some point, since I chose a YF-19 with Fold Booster over that last year. Now the prices seem to have skyrocketed. The size of the GL being smaller than the Gunbuster is definitely a turnoff for me, but I'll keep an open mind and look forward to your review. I may just pony up that cash after all.

I agree! Do spread the word! TTGL IMO is the BEST series in more than 10 years. Not many things have touched me in the same level that TTGL has. The Characters, the message, The Inspiration, the moments and all the GAR has Moved me Beyond reason and I will hold it in my Heart Forever. Meeting Nakashima san in my last trip to Japan was prob one of the Greatest moments in my life!! This is the Greatest Prodction Gainax has done since Top wo Nerae!!!!

Oh HELL YES!!! :rock You speak the truth, Bro!! Oh, and how did you meet Kazuki Nakashima-san?? Do tell!!

Oh, and anyone who's wondering what the hell we're talking about needs to see this to get a rough idea of the pure hotbloodedness of this show:
https://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/152888.html

I loved TTGL, too, but I don't think it is the best series in the past 10 years. Nontheless, it was very enjoyable and entertaining and I for one can't wait for medicom to release some figures. But when it comes to the MECHA, I rather have Bandai produce them since they did such a great job with all the Gundam models.
And Crasis, add me to the list of people who would be all over figures from Escaflowne.:rock

Heh. I'm curious now what you guys would consider the best anime. We should start a new thread where we list our top 10 anime series of the past 10 years. I feel bad that I keep going so far off topic on this one. :lol :monkey3

Heh. I'm curious now what you guys would consider the best anime. We should start a new thread where we list our top 10 anime series of the past 10 years. I feel bad that I keep going so far off topic on this one. :lol :monkey3

:lol
I think that would be a great idea. I don't think I'll be able to decide which one will be at the top for me since I've seen so many good animes, it'll be hard to decide. :eek:

Are you getting confused with the Toynami ones? There was a black suited one and a military camo suited one. They were from the manga I think. GitS 2.

Toycom or Alpha or Yamato or Twilight Magic Works...all the same figure. It was closer to Shirow's work than any so far.

I'm a big Masamune Shirow fan so this new Motoko will join my other Ghost in the Shell figures

i've scoured the web dude, but couldn't find anything exactly like that. i only have the movie, not SAC so couldn't check for sure. i think the closest thing from SAC is this:

gits-sac_kusanagi242.jpg

i think this'll look amazing with hot toys deunan. but i would have much preferred a movie version of the major.

as for the akira figs - they look awesome, but apparently the tailoring wasn't great and arms and legs were prone to snapping.
medi-kane1.jpg
medi-kane2.jpg
medi-box.jpg

It was put on sale at the Wonder Festival in Japan in 2000 with an edition size of 300 (originally at ¥15,000, about $150?). There was so much demand for them that the people allowed to buy them had to be drawn by raffle tickets. The crowd was in a frenzy, so much so that some of the people working at the exhibition were hurt. The very next day, they were going on Japanese auction sites for ¥100,000 (about $1000?).

kanedararebymedicomtoysyv3.jpg

kanedabackviewux2.jpg

kanedafullshotuk5.jpg

Last year ('07) I replaced the original ('2000) Medicom body with a RAH301 Kai Naked doll body, due to the brittleness of the original body unit! :banana

Last edited:
Back