Greetings from Hollyweird, CA!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marsz

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Freaks,

Marsz here. Been kinda trolling in the shadows for a few months now. Finally decided to make it official and introduce myself. I'm a cinephile and (non-paid) writer living and working outta Hollywood, CA -- yes, another one of those. I've been called a movie snob, but I simply love good cinema. Never held prejudice against big budget fare: loved Nolan's DK trilogy, couldn't care less for Avengers; and ABSOLUTELY HATED Avatar. My Film of the Year Award usually goes to small indie films or foreign flicks -- Let The Right One In, anyone? I am a bit of a snob when it comes to TV. If it's not on HBO, FX, or AMC, it's probably not worthy. All-Time Favorite show is The Twilight Zone. Thought the finale to Dexter was one of the worst finales of all-time. I believe Breaking Bad is quite arguably the best show of the last decade. I also dig me some Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, The Shield, and Justified. And I'm quite certain GDT's The Strain on FX is gonna blow our minds. Still waiting for some cable network to show the cojones to bring Preacher to life.

I've been collecting 1/6 figures and statues for close to a decade now. I still remember being at Comic-Con and coming across the Sideshow Collectibles area on the main floor. I was mesmerized by the Green Goblin statue on display. I inquired about it and was given a pamphlet for their website. I ended up picking up that piece and haven't looked back. I followed that by the Sideshow Twilight Zone figures. I went through and burned out on collecting comic heroes/villains. Nowadays, I'm mostly into movie-related figures. Thankfully, TDK movies are over or else I'd be in serious financial distress! Next up will be the Hot Toys Maleficent figure. Also looking into the Hit Girl RAH figure due out next year. My most elusive figure to date has to be a Rod Serling. Man, that's a tough find! I do trust that the universe will one day cross our paths.

So, this is me, Freaks. I look forward to conversing with some of you at some point.

Cheers! :wink1:

Back