MEDICOM GHOST IN THE SHELL MOTOKO!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sh**, it looks like I'll have to pick up my sixth Motoko. :eek:
looks great but I'm starting to get sick of the same character over and over again, give us Batou, Togusa or anyone else from SAC or the films, especially Tachikomas!

For anyone who hasn't kept score, there are six different 1:6 Motokos out there.
Two from Toycom/Yamoto from the Manga: one in an all black outfit, one in a Camo outfit. Three made by Toycom/Yamoto from Man Machine Interface: one in a white costume, another in a gray costume and one in a silver costume. And lastly, the Takara Cool Girl Motoko from Stand Alone Complex. There's also a costume for the Cool Girl version you can buy from Triad Toys called Major K.

Sh**, it looks like I'll have to pick up my sixth Motoko. :eek:
looks great but I'm starting to get sick of the same character over and over again, give us Batou, Togusa or anyone else from SAC or the films, especially Tachikomas!

For anyone who hasn't kept score, there are six different 1:6 Motokos out there.
Two from Toycom/Yamoto from the Manga: one in an all black outfit, one in a Camo outfit. Three made by Toycom/Yamoto from Man Machine Interface: one in a white costume, another in a gray costume and one in a silver costume. And lastly, the Takara Cool Girl Motoko from Stand Alone Complex. There's also a costume for the Cool Girl version you can buy from Triad Toys called Major K.

I think I have seen a takara cool/cy girl motoko special version with a different outfit, with a coat. Anyone here have any detail on that one?

I think I have seen a takara cool/cy girl motoko special version with a different outfit, with a coat. Anyone here have any detail on that one?

Yeah that one was a limited edition exclusive for X Hobby Japan. It is called the Special Op version. She was limited 1000 pieces. That Motoko was released on June 30th 2005. I want one, but I wasn't with the Takara Cool Girl headsculpt. That is like my favorite outfit for Stand Alone Complex.

This is what we got:

motokocgopweb1vz.jpg

A small image from the Show

motokocoat6rl.jpg

This is the medicom version

HJFeb07_SSSvisualadvert.jpg

motoko1.jpg

Do we get the coat? (note this is not the medicom figure just a good pic of the coat)

I actualy already have a coat for her, i picked up the triad toys Raze dx coat, and did some modification to it, i added a wire in the collar, and rolled up the sleaves,. it looks enough like motoko's coat for me :)

Man, I am SO tempted to order one of these. I guess I'll wait to see if they start to do the rest of the cast before I pull the trigger...

Now I really have to change my collecting habits. No more polystone and PF... Need the cash for all these wonderful 1/6 scale figures. Who knows, Medicom might make an ARMITAGE, or some characters from ESCAFLOWNE one day. Not to mention that NGE Shinji - that little whiner- is really overdue.

The Motoko looks good, but too bad she's based on the Stand Alone Complex, and not on the original GitS movie. Everything after that was second rate, IMO. To complicated or to boring.

Whoa, really? I'd take two entire seasons of Stand Alone Complex over the feature films ANY day! The movies are beautifully animated, sure, but can be far too serious and convoluted (not to mention damned wordy) for their own good. The television series, on the other hand, is so much more well-rounded (humorous when it needs to be, action-packed at just the right moments, tons of character development, easily-digestible plot, etc.). To be fair, I own them all, but I find myself only rarely wanting to revisit the movies.

The tv series seems to also be more in-line with the original vision of Masamune Shirow, whereas the movies are chock-full of Mamoru Oshi's attempts to make the series his own, through his "let's drown the viewer in endless pseudo-profound dialog/prose" formula.

I'm definitely with you in wanting some Escaflowne figures. What an incredible series! PopBox Collectibles is filling my need for Macross 1/6 scale figures, so next in my want list would definitely be Escaflowne and Gurren Lagann figs!

First movie was great, 2nd I didn't really get into and I enjoy the show... overall enough interest in the series to buy a figure. This one looks nice, I definitely prefer the accurate sculpt to the Takara Cy-Girl look.

Whoa, really? I'd take two entire seasons of Stand Alone Complex over the feature films ANY day! The movies are beautifully animated, sure, but can be far too serious and convoluted (not to mention damned wordy) for their own good. The television series, on the other hand, is so much more well-rounded (humorous when it needs to be, action-packed at just the right moments, tons of character development, easily-digestible plot, etc.). To be fair, I own them all, but I find myself only rarely wanting to revisit the movies.

The tv series seems to also be more in-line with the original vision of Masamune Shirow, whereas the movies are chock-full of Mamoru Oshi's attempts to make the series his own, through his "let's drown the viewer in endless pseudo-profound dialog/prose" formula.

I'm definitely with you in wanting some Escaflowne figures. What an incredible series! PopBox Collectibles is filling my need for Macross 1/6 scale figures, so next in my want list would definitely be Escaflowne and Gurren Lagann figs!

I completely agree that GITS SAC is much better and more intune with Shirow's vision than Oshii's films were even tho I think Oshii is a great director. I also think SAC is superior to Shirow's original manga in many ways. For me GITS SAC is the Best version of GITS available on the market.

As for Escaflowne figures, I don't think we'll be getting any any time soon at least in the 1/6 scale doll. Popbox is doing good with the Macross line but it's coming out way too slow, they need to speed things up. I'm all about TTGL figures of any kind but with Konami holding the master toy license I doubt we'll see any 1/6 doll any time soon if ever. It would be a dream come true tho. I am working on a 1/6 scale dolls of Timeskip Simon and Kamina but haven't gone past doing the patterns for the outfits and rough sculpting, hopefully will get it done before Summer Wonderfest so I can show it off there.

Love your Sig BTW -_^

TEN O TSUKE!!!

For me GITS SAC is the Best version of GITS available on the market.

Agreed 100%. I still haven't seen GITS SAC: Solid State Society yet (which is what this figure is based on), but I'm looking forward to it. How does that film compare to the rest of the series?

How popular is Escaflowne in Japan these days, I wonder? I know 1/6 scale figures may be a dream, but it seems like Revoltechs of the Guymelefs would be a no-brainer at this point. C'mon, Kaiyodo!

As for Macross, I have the Hikaru and Max blue utility suit figures from PopBox, and a preorder in for the flight suit Hikaru. Noel on Macrossworld recently stopped by to share some photos of the Hikaru flight suit prototype. I'm not digging the head sculpt of this one, but I plan to use the helmet to cover it up, anyway. :monkey3

https://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&showtopic=21656&view=findpost&p=558904

I'm STILL waiting for them to release any new information on the Roy Fokker figure (imagine the levels of GAR with both Roy and Kamina in 1/6 scale in the same room? I don't think my shelves could handle the hot-bloodedness. :lol ). I appreciate PopBox products, but yeah, the wait is ridiculous. My wife preordered me that Max figure almost 2 years before it arrived this summer. That's crazy.

I forgot about Konami having the exclusive license to TTGL! I guess the upcoming Revoltech (MUST. GET.) threw me off a bit. :monkey2 I'll still kick reason to the curb and hope someone will muster up the might to do the impossible, see the invisible, and ROW! ROW! FIGHT THE POWER! Er... :monkey4

I am working on a 1/6 scale dolls of Timeskip Simon and Kamina but haven't gone past doing the patterns for the outfits and rough sculpting, hopefully will get it done before Summer Wonderfest so I can show it off there.

My god, that sounds like the greatest thing, oh, EVER. Wow! I would love to see any pics you have!

Your efforts (and sig!) would make the GurrenDan proud.

Agreed 100%. I still haven't seen GITS SAC: Solid State Society yet (which is what this figure is based on), but I'm looking forward to it. How does that film compare to the rest of the series?

How popular is Escaflowne in Japan these days, I wonder? I know 1/6 scale figures may be a dream, but it seems like Revoltechs of the Guymelefs be a no-brainer at this point. C'mon, Kaiyodo!

As for Macross, I have the Hikaru and Max blue utility suit figures from PopBox, and a preorder in for the flight suit Hikaru. Noel on Macrossworld recently stopped by to share some photos of the Hikaru flight suit prototype. I'm not digging the head sculpt of this one, but I plan to use the helmet to cover it up, anyway. :monkey3

https://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&showtopic=21656&view=findpost&p=558904

I'm STILL waiting for them to release any new information on the Roy Fokker figure (imagine the levels of GAR with both Roy and Kamina in 1/6 scale in the same room? I don't think my shelves could handle the hot-bloodedness. :lol ). I appreciate PopBox products, but yeah, the wait is ridiculous. My wife preordered me that Max figure almost 2 years before it arrived this summer. That's crazy.

I forgot about Konami having the exclusive license to TTGL! I guess the upcoming Revoltech (MUST. GET.) threw me off a bit. :monkey2 I'll still kick reason to the curb and hope someone will muster up the might to do the impossible, see the invisible, and ROW! ROW! FIGHT THE POWER! Er... :monkey4

My god, that sounds like the greatest thing, oh, EVER. Wow! I would love to see any pics you have!

Your efforts (and sig!) would make the GurrenDan proud.

The film is good Def worth seeing if you're a fan of the show. takes place 2 years after 2nd Gig

Escaflowne is a pretty dead license in Japan right now but ppl do remember it altho it's not iconic as it's rival from that era, EVA. lol 1/6 scale doll figures is a distant dream but I can def see Revoltechs of Escaflowne, Scherazade and Alseides at some point in the future.

I have Hikaru and Max as well and am also waiting for the Flightsuit Hikaru to be released altho the recent production pics of the head are not too pleasing. I am planning on grabbing a second Utility Suit Hikaru and using that head. I may also grab another Max for the same reason...

We know Roy is coming but given Popbox's schedule it's prob a ways off. hopefully soon tho. I love that Popbox is doing them but don't like that the decrease in quality on the Flight Suit versions, I wished they just charge $100 and just give us better figures instead of trying to match the price of the Utility versions.

The thing is Konami also owns a good Chunk of TTGL so it's whenever they feel like whoring the license out. They will eventually, like most Konami things, it's just a matter of time. Of course even if it happens we have no idea what the other companies will make. I'm Hoping Medicom will be moved by the GAR that they will feel the need to make 1/6 figures.

Are you going to pick up Konami's Chogokin GL toy?? It looks pretty good but I'd love to have seen what the established Chogo makers would have put out if the more companies had the license. Hopefully Konami does a good job with their first Chogokin Piece. It's looking pretty good so far but we'll see next month I guess.

As for my TTGL Custom project I will post pics whenever I get past the initial phase. I hope to have them in time for this summer's WF but not sure if I'll have the time to complete them as I have other projects as well.

Thanks For Your words Bro!! I am just happy that someone else on this board also has True Gurren Dan Spirit!!!

Arigatou Kyoudai!!

TEN O TSUKE!!!!

Last edited:
Back