Medicom Fullmetal Alchemist - Re Release?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like there will be a new Al
, though I'm pretty sure it's a repaint-- more metallic gray than blue.

FIG-IPN-1823.jpg

Freaking incredible.:hi5:

I know I am bringing this back from the dead a bit. I just wanted to add that I hope they do more as well, and re-release Roy. I have the old al and ed (looking for a reasonably priced roy), the new ones look pretty sweet though....

Does anyone have in hand pictures of these guys? The promotional photos are amazing but it´s almost impossible to find reviews or in hand pictures.

*Sorry for bringing this thread back

Hey guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread but just wondering if anyone knows what if any the difference's were between the original & 2011 re-release??

I've become obssessed with FMA since I strated on Brotherhood & I really fancy getting the brothers now but want to make sure I get the best versions :)

Thanks in advance

Neil

Hey guys,

Sorry to pester but does anyone know the differences??

I can get the originals for about £190 delivered for the pair

But the Sacred Star 2011 versions are about £270 for the pair

So are there differences or should I just plump for the cheapest versions.

Thanks & sorry again for the extra bump.

Neil

Hey guys,

Sorry to pester but does anyone know the differences??

I can get the originals for about £190 delivered for the pair

But the Sacred Star 2011 versions are about £270 for the pair

So are there differences or should I just plump for the cheapest versions.

Thanks & sorry again for the extra bump.

Neil

Hey I recently checked out a video posted by this guy on the re-release versions of the figures. It's not the clearest video but I did notice some differences with the older versions.

The new Al looks a different shade from old Al. The original figure was a distinctive metallic blue while the new figure is more grey. I noticed new Al has a lighter coloured, almost white, loincloth. Those are the main differences I could see.

Ed's facial expression looks more intense, old Ed has a slight smile to his face. From what I can see, Ed's automail parts look a different shade, a bit more metallic in the new one. New Al's belt is a lighter shade of brown.

Last of all, the box art is completely different. Without having the re-release in my hands, that's all I can say. Can't comment on differences in durability or the quality of the body (which I've heard can be bad in Medicom figures). I loved FMA, currently watching the new series. I got the originals 2nd hand from an EU seller, but I'd be glad to have either version of the figures in my collection.

Back