Medicom Fullmetal Alchemist Edward, VCD Yoda reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tendou-Kabuto said:
Hey TK

Just talked with my buddy at Organic and they said that they do indeed sell the Revoltech Joints separately for customs -_^

lol it's so easy to customize with revoltech joints... just drill/punch a hole for each joint slot..

snakebeater said:
lol it's so easy to customize with revoltech joints... just drill/punch a hole for each joint slot..

Yeah Yamaguchi sensei definetly revolutionized action figures with his Revoltech creation. The idea that you can also maintain and replace the parts that your figures would have the most wear is great. Not to mention the ratchets to hold poses and ensure they dont get loose is also great

kaiyodo, IMHO are the king of hiding joints.. how they sculpt the joints etc...

I have the Trigun and cowboy bebop figures and I love how the cut joints work better then a ball joint.

snakebeater said:
kaiyodo, IMHO are the king of hiding joints.. how they sculpt the joints etc...

I have the Trigun and cowboy bebop figures and I love how the cut joints work better then a ball joint.

Kaiyodo are gods when it comes to action figures. The cut joint placement you speak of is called "Monoshaft Drive" It was more or less created by Yamaguchi Katsuhisa who also created the Revoltech line. He developed the MD joints because he felt that standard articualtion while very good cannot replicate the dynamic postures of characters in Anime and Manga. Since then many people have tried to mimic his style but his remains as the prime example of how dynamic jointing is done. Yamaguchi sensei is a True Pioneer in the Action Figure industry.

Tendou-Kabuto said:
Kaiyodo are gods when it comes to action figures. The cut joint placement you speak of is called "Monoshaft Drive" It was more or less created by Yamaguchi Katsuhisa who also created the Revoltech line. He developed the MD joints because he felt that standard articualtion while very good cannot replicate the dynamic postures of characters in Anime and Manga. Since then many people have tried to mimic his style but his remains as the prime example of how dynamic jointing is done. Yamaguchi sensei is a True Pioneer in the Action Figure industry.

Thanks for the enlightenment TK, I salute Mr. Yamaguchi.

Sadly, sadly, I now want an Adam Hughes-designed Shaak Ti Comiquette/PF.

Not to mention Aayla Secura. But then again I've always wanted Aayla Secura.

Or if not that, at least more collectible reviews from Adam. He writes brilliantly!

hey where are u guys getting these Revoltech, PC (what's PC stand for?), Gundam joints from? so lots of people use these joints to add articulation to their figs?

Good things do happen gang, I managed my Alphonse Elric for $70 shipped. Now I dont mind paying full price for Ed.

were u the one that bought Al from Lenoir at RS? i thought about it but he was offering such good prices and was so new to the boards that it scared me. last time i trusted that mixture i got burned bad.

'Twas I. He sent it out today with tracking so no worries. Should have him in a few days. Now Im wishing Medi makes more FMA figures... LOTS more.

Mookeylama said:
hey where are u guys getting these Revoltech, PC (what's PC stand for?), Gundam joints from? so lots of people use these joints to add articulation to their figs?

Revoltech is a new line of figures with an innovative type of articulation system produced by Kaiyodo and distributed by Organic. They are distributed here in the US by Diamond Comics. There are more than 20 figures in the line so far and it's going strong. Most of the figures are based on Anime characters and mecha, so not much of interest for you if you're not an Anime or JP game fan.

PC= Polycaps. The joints on Gundam Models and many other mecha models that Bandai and Various other companies use for their kits.

Yes. Because of their versatility Many ppl (JP and HK Especially) figure out ways to customize their static figures into Superposeable hyper articulated figures using PCs and Revoltech joints.

TOE said:
You and me bro. If it comes down to just one which one would you pick?

I would go with Al. That dude is cool. I can relate with him when i was a kid :rolleyes:

Tough choice, huh? I would go with Al also, just because I have two older brothers and I can empathize with Al a lot.

Mookeylama said:
hey thanks TK! would u mind giving me a few links to those joints? i might try and give Yoda an upgrade.

I dont know any place outside of Japan that sells the joints. However you can buy the figures and just take their joints.

All places that carry import Japanese toys should sell them. just look for "Revoltech"

You can even try your LCS

Here are some sites-

www.imageanime.com

www.bigbadtoystore.com

thanks TK. go ahead and give the link to the place in Japan that sells replacement joints too if u would. i've bought quite a bit of stuff from Japan/Yahoo Japan and as long as they'll ship to the US i might just get the joints.

Mookeylama said:
thanks TK. go ahead and give the link to the place in Japan that sells replacement joints too if u would. i've bought quite a bit of stuff from Japan/Yahoo Japan and as long as they'll ship to the US i might just get the joints.

Hey I'm not sure which site sells them as the person I asked is actually my friend works at ORGANIC the company that distributes the figures. You can check all the usual places tho-

www.1999.co.jp

www.noda-ya.com

www.amenbo.co.jp

www.hlj.com

These places all ship to the US I believe.

Tendou-Kabuto said:
Hey Michael

Are you a fan of FMA? Just curious. Great Review BTW. Keep up the good work!

I wouldn't go so far as 'fan'. I have a theory that as a card carrying geek, I best know about the top shows across the geek country side. I've watched a few episodes and enjoyed it, but haven't had the time to put into the entire run. And I haven't read any of the manga...but I don't get to read much of anything these days.

Michael Crawford said:
I wouldn't go so far as 'fan'. I have a theory that as a card carrying geek, I best know about the top shows across the geek country side. I've watched a few episodes and enjoyed it, but haven't had the time to put into the entire run. And I haven't read any of the manga...but I don't get to read much of anything these days.

Ahh. That's cool. I Hope that one day you'll get a chance to sit down and enjoy the series all the way through Michael -_^

Back