Medicom Evangelion Eva 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to help. I am always very skeptical of reports of problems with high end collectables. Often times the issues are minor or not terribly common. Medicom has gotten plenty of bad press but I gave them several chances over several years and while their products do look better all the time their quality issues do not seem improve.

Mostly it all seems to stem from materials. They either use lower quality materials or just do not understand how different materials interact which results in very premature degradation to the point where a product is no longer displayable.

Has anyone tried fixing the bleeding abdominal issue of the 08? Maybe airbrushing it?

I just saw a review of RAH EVA-13 and this flimsiness of the shoulder pylons and also that the neck/throat is that wobly is a REALLY big factor that turned me from 'yay' in the first minutes, to 'nay' in the next ones.
I hope there´ll be one in scale with Bandai´s Soul of Chogokin line, cause those Die Cast beasts, for me, are the definite EVA releases.
Great size, tons of features and accesories and collector friendly packaging.
No brainer!

Still hope they reissue Unit 2 and maybe release a blue painted version of Unit 0. If I can get the other main two ( I already have Unit 1 ) I will be content with just those three. I have no interest really in getting the Mari Pink EVA even though its still one of the cheapest in the line to get still.

Anybody know where I can find one of these brand new and close to 500$ as top ?
(Except of Ebay of course)

Just keep that money on the side and play the wait game. You may be lucky enough to get it around $400 on ebay if someone decides to put it up as auction. Its a very expensive toy and I dont think its worth the money.

Check the Mandarake site, they fluctuate in lots of old figures and things. I also bought a bunch of "used" figures from them but were new when I lived in japan. Every now and then you'll see what you want. The pricing are usually really fair. Right now they have a Neo Eva no8 for lower than base price.

I have a chance to get EVA-01 for about $340 new. Worth it? I know that's far below market price, but I've heard about all sorts of QC problems with these and it's still $340 down the drain if the armour starts getting dyed black and so on.

I had two of the Medicom Evas and it's one of my bigger regrets. They started to leech colors into other colors in less than a year.

Damn shame; I love EVA but the SoC figures are too small for me. Hopefully we get another nice big one eventually.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Probably still too short for you (and if you're not into models you have to put it together) but the Kotobukiya kits look really nice. They're about 7.5-8 in./19-20.5 cm) tall from what I am reading. I assume by SOC you're including the SPEC series. I think TV version of the SOC-SPEC is about the most accurate of that particular design out there.

Thanks! I think I might just snag a SoC SPEC down the road. That said if I can get like $900 together in the next month I'm going to buy three RAH figures, resell two at slightly below market and use those to pay off the third. Two people end up getting a deal and I get EVA for free.

I have a chance to get EVA-01 for about $340 new. Worth it? I know that's far below market price, but I've heard about all sorts of QC problems with these and it's still $340 down the drain if the armour starts getting dyed black and so on.

If you dont buy it tell me where, im looking for one

I'm happy to tell you; the seller is in Dubai. I don't know if they ship internationally but given the size of the box you'd be looking at about $100 postage on top of cost. PM me if you're interested and want the name.

DACh-rYV0AEgZzy.jpg

no QC issues. I have all of the RAH evas except 13. i didn't realize these were worth anything, as i bought most of them cheap when they released. the only one i paid a premium for was the wonder festival unit 00

I wish I could buy one cheap now, haha. I'm glad to see some people didn't have issues, makes me hopeful for possibly getting one. Although I'm leaning towards just posting in 'items wanted' since buying it from another collector means they'll know if it has issues beforehand.

I'm happy to tell you; the seller is in Dubai. I don't know if they ship internationally but given the size of the box you'd be looking at about $100 postage on top of cost. PM me if you're interested and want the name.

I know what shop is that. I asked them and the only way of send it is in pack of 3 more figures witch cost arround 1000$. Dont sell the 01 separately.

It's not an Eva but I found some old RAH from medicom for 5k yens each (+ shipping)

aedf5a299b3074bcfdba778467bc5e2a.jpg

Enviado desde mi LG-H850 mediante Tapatalk

Back