Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12041101591a8626401d12a2de.jpg

Most impressive here.

Not enough pics from your side to believe you bro. :monkey3

Whatever, i've owned Both the ROTJ AND THE ROTS versions. This is the same thing except it talks and is a little bit taller.

I've been posting pics of my medi toys for years..

/MIDDLE FINGER

I have had both the first two versions of Medi Vader and Sideshow Vader. While the Sideshow Vader looks more imposing, I prefer the Medi Vader due to the more accurate helmet, and better fitting armor. I am supremely disappointed that Medicom did not fix the inaccuracies in the helmet sculpt in the third version or add more bulk and height. However, I still think it is the best representation of the character out there at the moment.

I have had both the first two versions of Medi Vader and Sideshow Vader. While the Sideshow Vader looks more imposing, I prefer the Medi Vader due to the more accurate helmet, and better fitting armor. I am supremely disappointed that Medicom did not fix the inaccuracies in the helmet sculpt in the third version or add more bulk and height. However, I still think it is the best representation of the character out there at the moment.

Can't you pad the body or add some length to it?

Luke... I -- am -- your brother.

I dunno what you guys are thinking, Vader was huge to Luke:

Luke_and_Vader2.jpg

Medi just won't work.

Misleading picture is misleading. The top of Luke's head should reach slightly above Vader's shoulders. They used certain angles to give Vader more "oomph". Still too short though.

My Luke doesn't arrive until tomorrow, but here is a comparison picture of Vader with Sideshow Boba Fett (on a TT Slim).

My 2 cents, Vader 2.0 is still out of scale, but damn if this isn't the coolest Vader I've ever had in hand! The LED lightsaber is amazing in-hand (even if the blade is too thick), but take a look at my non-flash picture below, there is ZERO photo manipulation with the lightsaber, it really is that bright.

Medicom and Sideshow both have their own problems, but this 2.0 is what is going to be in my display. Maybe the Sideshow 2.0 will finally be the perfect Vader, but I doubt it.

MediVader2-01.jpg

MediVader2-02.jpg

Some more pics please. In all pic's Ive seen the helmet looks childish in some way, is it the same in hand? If not, can you show it in some nice pics? love that one!

I just bought a Medicom 2.0 Vader and my DX Luke shipped today so I should get them at the same time!!! I just wanted to know what you guys think about the scale of Hot Toys vs Medicom are they close to each other or are they off???

I just bought a Medicom 2.0 Vader and my DX Luke shipped today so I should get them at the same time!!! I just wanted to know what you guys think about the scale of Hot Toys vs Medicom are they close to each other or are they off???

In this case, way off. Luke is on the small side for HT, yet the scale is still completely wrong with the always smaller Medicom figures.

I have Ver. 1 and I still love it. After people complained about the suit's leather finish crumbling, mine has finally started to do the same. I live in the mid-west, so there's not any extreme temperature's or humidity, etc. I think the 'leather' layer is so thin that is just dries out over time. It's shedding like a bad sunburn. I really hope they've fixed it with the new version. I hesitate to spend the $$ on it, because of the suit. Someone on the board needs to make various sized Vader suits!!!
That would be lovely.

For peeps that don't have the medi and wonder about scale (or thinking of making a Height Adjustment), this is my Modified Medi (Version 1) on a Marmit Body with Medi feet. It comes in at 12.5" and I think that's pushing it before making it look goofy. Next to my Medi-Mod Fett (11.5") they look plausible.
With a slightly longer and draped Inner Robe this would look even better.
A-1.jpg

D.jpg

Side by Side:
E-1.jpg

Next to HT Superman to give some of you another idea of height, etc.
F.jpg

B.jpg

Just FYI: my Vader has a modified Hasbro Cape and a Kotobukiya Helmet.

McHaley I previously saw your Medi ANH custom and loved it. Which Kotobukiya helmet are you using?

Everything looks great except the size of the helmet. Very nice bash. You beefed him up good. I tried the same with my 1.0 and it didn't go as well as yours. I also used the koto helmet. It's the same size and shape as the Medi but solid. No reveal.

In the end I broke down and got the SS cause of the size of the helmet and parts. I liked the Medi style and design better and wanted it to be bigger and in scale with my other figs but I has to concede.

If Chris Reeve's head can't fit inside the helmet you know it's too small. Prowse had a serious noggin.
6eze5ege.jpg

Back