medicom darth maul pics up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the sculpt and clothing, but there's no way i'm paying $150, that's just a crazy price point. I think Sideshow put out a better product at not even half the price of the Medicom (don't get me wrong, I like Medicom, just not the price).

No way I am paying $150 for this when we got so much more from SS at half the price.

This Maul doesn't even have electrobinoculars or wristlink.

Easy pass.

20070813_b7d5caf479ac21f326610DnWevFl3Udb.jpg

20070813_74f2b7881394ac63faabCuewtxnEJucs.jpg

I'm pretty sure he does come with the electro-binoculars, they're depcited in these images, as is the wrist pad.

I'm bummed because I really thought the price was gonna be $89.99 or thereabouts.

$150 is a stunningly lame price that I doubt even the Medicommies can explain away (no, check that... they'll still try).

I'm bummed because I really thought the price was gonna be $89.99 or thereabouts.

$150 is a stunningly lame price that I doubt even the Medicommies can explain away (no, check that... they'll still try).

Well, their Jack Sparrow was about $150 through Master Replicas who was the official U.S. distributor, and I'd wager Maul has much more going for him than Jack did, and rationally, Jack was overpriced too for what he is, and people can say what they want about the Medi body, but it's not some engineering marvel that would cause high cost.

Well, their Jack Sparrow was about $150 through Master Replicas who was the official U.S. distributor, and I'd wager Maul has much more going for him than Jack did, and rationally, Jack was overpriced too for what he is, and people can say what they want about the Medi body, but it's not some engineering marvel that would cause high cost.

The Jack Sparrow figure did include a lot more detailed accessories, though.

Jack's accessories were a little more detailed, but then, Maul may have more spare hands, he does have his binoculars and wrist pad, those are fairly detailed. I think all in all they'd be equal. Again, rationally there's no reason why they should cost so much, so what it boils down to is how much a person wants the piece knowing that. I'm a Maul nut, and I think it'll be a really nice figure, so whatever the cost I'll be getting him.

Prepare to see the Sideshow Maul in that silly pose about a dozen times as defense for Medicom's over-priced figure.

:lol

Prepare to see the Sideshow Maul in that silly pose about a dozen times as defense for Medicom's over-priced figure.

:lol

Which is the dumbest argument because even if it poses better, I can't imagine anyone thinking an extra $100 is worth a few extra joints.

Well guys, I am getting this one even though it is 150 bucks, but unlike you guys I rarely buy anything. I have only bought one SS figure and that was the SDCC Anakin. For you hardcore collectors though,I can see where you are coming from because this is a steep price, but I will splurge this time although I think this should be priced in the 89-100 dollar range.I REALLY like this figure and with Medicom's Boba and Jango I think they have really stepped it up since their Luke release.I am curious to see what Medicom will do with a human sculpt now since they have upped their game. Unfortunately they have upped their price too. LOL I hate that this one is so high priced though because I know you guys, especially Irish,Maul Fan,and Josh were really looking forward to this one. I will bet that you guys will find a deal somewhere though. :maul

I hate that this one is so high priced though because I know you guys, especially Irish,Maul Fan,and Josh were really looking forward to this one. I will bet that you guys will find a deal somewhere though. :maul

Oh I'm still getting it through Sideshow, I don't have the patience to hunt for prices, I like the safety of the cancellation policy in a pinch, and I'm too for this figure to not secure and order when I get a chance. I'll be there tomorrow for PPO, and once this thing gets in my hands I'll photograph the hell out of it.

I know bbts is selling it for $150 but i thought SS was selling it for around $90...??? has that changed?

Latest posts

Back