Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you track back far enough in this thread I think I have given the details previously.

As best I recall, I used Hobby Design HD04-0062 1/24 Carbon decal (F), but would recommend using HOBBY DESIGN HD04-0055 Hi-Definition Composite Fiber (SSS).

You will need to get some Microset and Microsol to soften the decals, and I suggest you add a layer of matt varnish to seal it or it will be sticky.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71mjC5pR7_s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71mjC5pR7_s[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYmfJKoQQT0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYmfJKoQQT0[/ame]

From what I've seen and read in this thread I think this figure looks the best. Unfortunately I only recently started collecting 1/6 figures but apparently these are impossible to find now. I've settled for the HT DX12, even with concerns of armor pieces separating from the fabric because of poor glue, stress marks and PERS breaking etc..

How are the QC on these? I've read through most of this thread and haven't seen any issues. The only medicoms I own are the Snake Eater figures and they've been relatively durable. I like to change the poses on my figures once a month to keep them looking fresh.

Last edited:
No QC issues with the suit that I know of but the RAH bodies, which is Medicom body, can be brittle at times. Both the shoulders snapped on mine but I don't know how wide spread it was. I ported mine over to a TT and it's heavily modded at this point anyway. As far as the DX12 I think your fine.

If you worry about every little thing you hear wrong or what may be wrong with a figure and too afraid to buy anything you'll find yourself with empty shelves.

From what I've seen and read in this thread I think this figure looks the best. Unfortunately I only recently started collecting 1/6 figures but apparently these are impossible to find now. I've settled for the HT DX12, even with concerns of armor pieces separating from the fabric because of poor glue, stress marks and PERS breaking etc..

How are the QC on these? I've read through most of this thread and haven't seen any issues. The only medicoms I own are the Snake Eater figures and they've been relatively durable. I like to change the poses on my figures once a month to keep them looking fresh.

I had three different Medicom Dark Knight Batman figures. All were great and no issues in the quality of any of them. I say you made the right decision with the DX12 though, I gave up my Medicom to finance the DX12 and while I did love the RAH figure, the newer DX requires so much less in terms of futzing and modding that I much prefer the DX. It simply looks better on the shelf.

If you worry about every little thing you hear wrong or what may be wrong with a figure and too afraid to buy anything you'll find yourself with empty shelves.

That's a great way of looking at it! Being a novice my detolf is pretty sparse right now lol! My next purchase will be the Joker DX11 to help fill it up :)

I had three different Medicom Dark Knight Batman figures. All were great and no issues in the quality of any of them. I say you made the right decision with the DX12 though, I gave up my Medicom to finance the DX12 and while I did love the RAH figure, the newer DX requires so much less in terms of futzing and modding that I much prefer the DX. It simply looks better on the shelf.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I was second guessing my decision but I feel much better now about buying the DX12, now the hard part is waiting for it to show up...

Ok, there is two methods.

1. The hot water/cold method

Boil up a bit of water until it's very hot. It doesn't need to be boiling or anything. Pop off the head and drop the head in and let it sit for about 10 seconds. WHen you take it out it is very pliable. Take your index finger on top of the head and your thimb at the bottom and squeeze. As you squeeze you'll see the head widen. Just put pressure until you have your desired width. Afterwards either stick it in the freezer for a few minutes or hold it in place and hold it in front of an air conditioner on cool. That's what I did, others have done the freezer and both work. It will keep it's shape but with me it eventually went back to it;s former shape after a few weeks.

2. Stuffing method.

This is the one I went with after a while and it is permanent. Pop off the head and cut off the round circular part that attaches to the neck. You may want to heat it up with a hairdryer to make the cutting easier. It's very easy , just follow the circle. Afterwards stuff the head with epoxy. Just stuff until you have the desired shape. Then just re-glure the bottom part on. Now, I hae hear dof people stuffing the head with foam but I tried that it didn't work for me. Epoxy is the way to go.

Here is mine on the left. :)

Hope that helps.

DSCF4046_zpsa6e5b7bc.jpg

Ok, there is two methods.

1. The hot water/cold method

Boil up a bit of water until it's very hot. It doesn't need to be boiling or anything. Pop off the head and drop the head in and let it sit for about 10 seconds. WHen you take it out it is very pliable. Take your index finger on top of the head and your thimb at the bottom and squeeze. As you squeeze you'll see the head widen. Just put pressure until you have your desired width. Afterwards either stick it in the freezer for a few minutes or hold it in place and hold it in front of an air conditioner on cool. That's what I did, others have done the freezer and both work. It will keep it's shape but with me it eventually went back to it;s former shape after a few weeks.

2. Stuffing method.

This is the one I went with after a while and it is permanent. Pop off the head and cut off the round circular part that attaches to the neck. You may want to heat it up with a hairdryer to make the cutting easier. It's very easy , just follow the circle. Afterwards stuff the head with epoxy. Just stuff until you have the desired shape. Then just re-glure the bottom part on. Now, I hae hear dof people stuffing the head with foam but I tried that it didn't work for me. Epoxy is the way to go.

Here is mine on the left. :)

Hope that helps.

DSCF4046_zpsa6e5b7bc.jpg
wow your work make the batman look very good..thank you so much..i will try it now..

the head is way too small for the 1/6 body... too narrow also. I'm trying to replace this medicom head with a Hot Toys or similar sculpt but I'm running into the neck post issue. any suggestions? I've already broken the fist joints trying to pull them out. a very weak design

Back