Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Zach said. Myself and numerous people have posted tutorials in this thread for this figure. Check those out and if have any further questions just shoot me a PM. :)

I can't believe I sold my Medi for a DX12. Sold my DX12 only 3 days ater taking it out of the box, really hated the 3 faceplates and cowl profile. I want my Medi back...

The DX12 has it's issues, namely the cowl like you said, but it has a lot more to offer than a stock Medi. You should have kept it and got a Medi head for the body. Lots of people did that very thing.

But to each his own....

I can't believe I sold my Medi for a DX12. Sold my DX12 only 3 days ater taking it out of the box, really hated the 3 faceplates and cowl profile. I want my Medi back...

Weird, I did the same thing and was very cautious about whether or not the DX 12 would replace my Medi as my definitive batman collectible and was surprised at how much I loved the DX 12. The only thing I prefer on the medi was the head, and even then it was after I had repainted it countless times

Weird, I did the same thing and was very cautious about whether or not the DX 12 would replace my Medi as my definitive batman collectible and was surprised at how much I loved the DX 12. The only thing I prefer on the medi was the head, and even then it was after I had repainted it countless times

Is anybody still taking commissions to customize this head?

Hey thanks bud! :duff How ya been bud? Still rocking that sig :rock I've had the dx12 for a while now, and this guy as awesome as he is was just collecting dust in comparison to the newer figs.

Ive been good. :) I haven't seen you around lately. I'll probably keep the avy and Sig forever. They're apart of my identity at this point. :lol I know what you mean about the Medi. Im thinking of selling mine too. The only thing is that its a Medix and I'd want to keep modified/repainted cowl because thats what I use for the DX12. I use the yhe body for the Wayne head and the HK set up, but I wanna keep the HK parts and Wayne head too. :lol Maybe I could see of the body and cape. I cant imagine I'd get much for it considering there are a plethora of parts nowadays with the DX12 and armory versions.

Good to hear bud :duff Yeah, I had a hard time getting what I wanted out of mine. And then I felt like I could have got a little bit more. If you have true medix, I think you'll have good luck getting rid of the body.

Hey guys, a collector is offering me the Medi Dark Knight for less than $100. I don't have a Bale Bats so I guess this might be a good pickup without paying DX12 prices. I have a few questions to those who have the figure:

1) What kind of mods do I need to make to make the figure more screen-accurate (since I heard there were a lot) and are there any links I can read/watch?

2) How does it scale with the DX12 since Medicom figures tend to be undersized.

3) How does the figure hold up? I know I should set my expectations accordingly, but is he hopelessly dated?

4) Finally, at less than $100, should I get this or pass on it and get the DX12, which I don't think I'm that big of a fan of this Bats to spend cash on. :(

For less than $100, you can't really go wrong. Just widen the head and put a new cape on it and you have a pretty damn nice Bale Bats. And a better cowl than the DX12 by a large margin. He also fits in fine with the HT TDK stuff, there's no scale issue. I loved mine when I had it.

For less than $100, you can't really go wrong. Just widen the head and put a new cape on it and you have a pretty damn nice Bale Bats. And a better cowl than the DX12 by a large margin. He also fits in fine with the HT TDK stuff, there's no scale issue. I loved mine when I had it.

Wait, better cowl? A Medi? How is that possible??

If he fits in scale with Hot Toys then that's great. I already have the Arkham towering over Keaton and I hope this one would at least be Keaton-scale.

It's actually accurate, whereas HT seems to really, REALLY want to add artistic license to their 1/6 cowls for some reason. Medi's just needs to be widened a bit, whether that's by boiling or heating, that's up to you. I honestly never had a problem with it, but I'm not a stickler for 100% accuracy like a lot of people are.

The medicom cowl is a scan of the actual cowl apparently. I believe the actual 1:1 cowl has a wonky nose (because bale does) and the medicom cowl has it too.

It needs widening and repainting, but when you do, it is the best cowl on the market.

The body on the medicom isn't as good as the dx12.

Thanks for the advice guys, I guess I'll get it. From my understanding, I need to widen the head and flatten the chest, shoulder pads and abs. I've been going trough the pages to read up about the mods, but I don't see these chest/shoulder/ab tutorial mods anywhere. By any chance I could read up on it somewhere?

Also, would the HT Armory belt work with this?

Hey guys, I just got this figure after several recommendations by the freaks here. I think out of the box, he looks decent enough, though I have to admit I'm not a Bale Bats scholar to pinpoint the inaccuracies. I was wondering though- how do I widen the head by stuffing it with epoxy as done by several people here? Do I need to cut around the hole under the neck?

Also, the left shoulder pad is sticking out on the upper edge more than the left, is there a way to fix this? Thanks for any input.

Back