Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
javwl-1.jpg

I know it's not screen accurate, but there is something about the modded Medi's broad shoulders and more rounded chest plates that just makes him look more powerful than any of the Hot Toys efforts. More like the Batman in Void's sig.

Medi Batman would have taken down Bane first time, then gone home and ******** the prom queen.

Seb kindly painted the face for me. Did a good job too :)

thanks ! I pm'ed him twice but i never got a response..I guess he's not taking any commissions yet...:(

by the way..can you tell me what decals you used for the kevlar parts ?

thanks a bunch..

Yeah, that repaint is incredible.

I finally got all the parts to re-do my Medix. I am so not looking forward to taking that thing apart and putting it back together again.

Yeah, that repaint is incredible.

I finally got all the parts to re-do my Medix. I am so not looking forward to taking that thing apart and putting it back together again.

That's awesome! With the new DX 12 parts, it'll be even more incredible!

What are you planning to change up Michael?

thanks ! I pm'ed him twice but i never got a response..I guess he's not taking any commissions yet...:(

by the way..can you tell me what decals you used for the kevlar parts ?

thanks a bunch..

As far as I know he is not taking commissions. I did some decal work for me and he painted my headsculpt in exchange.

The kevlar decals were bought on ebay. I've found better ones since then, but they can't touch the DX12 for accuracy.

I was wondering, I haven't had a Dark Knight figure, and a local seller is selling his Medicom Dark Knight new for $147. Is the Medicom worth it? How does it compare (at least in scale) with the Hot Toys versions, and will it look good next to my HT Keaton Batman?

I was wondering, I haven't had a Dark Knight figure, and a local seller is selling his Medicom Dark Knight new for $147. Is the Medicom worth it? How does it compare (at least in scale) with the Hot Toys versions, and will it look good next to my HT Keaton Batman?

That's a good price, but if you want to display it with Hot Toys figures you're going to need to consider widening and repainting the head. The biggest issue for me was the bright belt (replace with a hot toys one or repaint) and the checkerboard kevlar plates (decals can fix this).

So if you are prepared for a little custom work, go for it.

That's a good price, but if you want to display it with Hot Toys figures you're going to need to consider widening and repainting the head. The biggest issue for me was the bright belt (replace with a hot toys one or repaint) and the checkerboard kevlar plates (decals can fix this).

So if you are prepared for a little custom work, go for it.

Thanks. I can cheat the skin texture by applying some concealer, but what do you mean by widening the head? Is there an issue with the size or neck pegs? Does the suit look anime-ish considering it's a Medicom?

That's awesome! With the new DX 12 parts, it'll be even more incredible!

What are you planning to change up Michael?

Oh, actually it's going to be fairly the same. I got new Medi arms to replace the ones I have because when I took off the shoulder pads I ended up taking a big chunk of the arm off. That's why I haven't really took a lot of pics of him. It's always really bothered me. Besides that both arms on the black Medi body are snapped at the shoulders. Plus there are parts in the suit that I want to fill out a bit more. So I'm going to replace it with a True Type. Its going to be a lot of dremeling, pushing and pulling to get it to fit right but when Im done the suit should be more filled out resembling more of a "man in a suit" look and have articulation in the arms. It's going to be hell, I just know it. :lol Oh, I did get a DX12 belt for him and at first I thought it was too big but after I looked at a still from the movie it looks perfectly in scale. It's just the Medi belt was smaller. Hopefully, I'll be able to accomplish the whole thing this weekend. I hope I'll be done with him for good after this and be happy with him.

Worth it? Well, I think so but that's me. It's really about preference when it comes to the Medi. I'll tell you now though it won't look up to par next to your Hot Toys because the paint and some of the execution with the figure isn't up to HT or 2012 standards. But that's really up for you to decide for yourself. Most people bought the Medi with the sole purpose to mod it and get it up to todays standards. I've probably done every mod you can do to it sans the decals. Just widening the head and getting a repaint does a word of difference.Flattening the the chest helps too.

Here's a look at my Medicom Dark Knight. I've thinned out the chest, widened the head and repainted the mouth section, gave him a new cape and repainted the belt.
My only real issue now is the rubber suit and how it hinders the lower body. Really not much you can do with that in the way of posing. I'd love to cut to armor up and glue it on a body suit.

medicombats011213013.jpg

medicombats011213014.jpg

medicombats011213005.jpg

medicombats011213006.jpg

medicombats011213008.jpg

medicombats011213011.jpg

All-round great figure.

Back