Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did email him a few months back, asking if he still takes commission work. He said something along the line of not having the time anymore. He probably did just lose interest. Shame, I have a couple more sculpts painted by him, I can honestly say that, he's hands down one of the best artist around here.

81f6f56c816b1ca2b38c215c49703755.jpg

44b29f9c6b46e6c63c654156da4375d5.jpg

57e003bd18a826b6260e6e5f009298de.jpg

Nearly finished with this guy. DX12 belt on the way; will switch out the Medi if it looks better.

(Sorry for poorly enhanced low light photos. Winter's closing in fast and I can't be arsed to rig up extra lamps)

Last edited:
Thanks guys :wink1:
Seb painted the eyes and mouth for me, so he's been stood headless for a few weeks. Really pleased with how he's come together.

Did you do the head widening part? Amazing :clap

Yup. Used milliput to fill out the head. When I got the head back I went over the edges where the cowl meets the face with an ultra fine brush so that there is absolutely no overlap (a bit **** and uneccessary since Seb did an awesome job already). He did such a good job on the eyes too. They glint in the light of my display case. I'll try to catch it on camera when it's light again. Can't stop staring at it right now.

OK!
It's been so long, but I've finally put my Medicom Betz on the surgical table and made him chest, shoulders, neck and coat mods. And it was pretty easy, I should say. The head repainted by Josh "Small Studio" few years ago.

And now I'm quite confused, coz the figure that I have in hands now looks much-much better than new HT DX-12. And now I'm not sure should I pick up DX-12 or not. Definitely this Medi guy needs some better accessories from DX-12 and it's belt too, but I'm not sure if I need new weird suit and wry head by HT into my collection. :D

Check it out:

Also, here is one good idea for you, guys. I've made two long hard metal stripes, drilled them and carefully sew to the coat. This way I can remove it and replace with one without wires (gonna pick up one velvet on the E-Bay and make similar bindings for it). And the suit holds those bindings inside very tight and safe.

Last edited:
OK, so I've mover forward in remaking this figure. :)

I've opened his torso seam and took down his pants. O__O But there was no classic soap drop down scene, don't worry!

I've took 50% of filler from his thighs and add some wadding into his boots, so you can see that they are not so flat anymore and stands better now.

Then I've took all the original wadding from his torso and add my own. I've used one layered material for belly and two layers on each of his sides. I've placed those 3 wadding fillers inside the scotch tape wrapping, so they could slide inside the costume easily. After that he's torso looks much more better, his belly is smooth and without any folds and his sides are much more wider and human-like now.

Maybe this info would be useful.
I've made few shots without coat and belt to show you this effect.
Now I just need DX-12 accessories and one custom velvet coat...

yo-yo-yo, RollingJ!
Would you kindly tell me about how to make a different Kevlar texture or point on the post where you've told about it?
Would be very sweet! Please! :pray:

yo-yo-yo, RollingJ!
Would you kindly tell me about how to make a different Kevlar texture or point on the post where you've told about it?
Would be very sweet! Please! :pray:

They're decals that I applied to the figure. I'll pm you the details if you want. I have found a texture that is more movie accurate than the ones I used on my figure, but I can't be bothered to go through applying them all over again!

Thanks, mate! :hi5:
No need in PM details, I've got the conception for your mod. Don't think that I will go with it. Not sure if I trust decals on rubber enough. ))))

They're decals that I applied to the figure. I'll pm you the details if you want. I have found a texture that is more movie accurate than the ones I used on my figure, but I can't be bothered to go through applying them all over again!

you can pm me too, as i'm curious to see which decals you've used and which decals you've found. :wave

Please PM me as well if you can:wave

Okay, to spare me sending out multiple pms:

The decals used on my Medi Bats are called Hobby Design HD04-0062 1/24 Carbon decal. As you can see, it is quite dark (which I like, even if not accurate), and the carbon fibre has diagonal lines (which are a pain in the arse to line up too!).

DSCF4558.jpg

(My Medi Bats; decals just applied)

However, Hobby Design HD04-0055 HiDefinition Composite Fiber SSS is much closer to the original style, and these are the ones I used on Elvis's Sebex (or whatever he's calling it!) before he switched it out for the DX12 parts. The only draw back with these decals is that they are a little bright, so I suggest putting a thin layer of watered down black paint over the top (mixing it into the varnish would probably be best, as long as it is mixed evenly).

cadcadb44b5871d2d98e11d56e1c10e6.jpg

(Elvis' custom Batman. Decals just applied to abs here; unvarnished)

For comparison with original Medi pattern:
62120ca31143aac31be3bc93eb870546.jpg

Hope that helps. Decals on the medi rubber suit are fine, just use microset underneath to apply, microsol on top, and flat varnish to finish.

Last edited:
Thanks for this post, RollingJ!!
I want to try to do it after your instructions. Especially when it's easy to get from the E-Bay.

Can you tell more about Microset? I'm quite newbie in painting models (not figures :D ) and putting decals. Would be very useful.
That's it, right? What's the specificity of work with that?

And those decals doesn't tears apart when you bend rubber parts like forearms or torso?

Back