Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

seeing Vodoun's pic made me think of my old modded medi :monkey2

Looking back I should've never messed with the abs but still, I loved that figure for a time

SAM_0958.jpg

SAM_0569.jpg

SAM_0624.jpg

Thanks man. I think if I had a fresh new one right now, I'd be able to make it better than before. All I have left of my old medi figure is the mouth piece just in case I ever needed it :D :lol

Fresh off the surgery table:
DSC_2739.jpg

I've finally decided to mod my Medicom bats, that has been laying around my collection for over a year now. So far I've widened the headsculpt, repainted the belt, and currently I am working on tweaking his posture a little bit. I cut the figure open, and got rid of the man-boobs problem, or at least made it less visible. I also transfered some of the cotton from his thighs, into the stomach area, to flaten his torso and remove the wrinkling of the suit.

Right now I am a little stuck, working on his legs. I have a qestion for all the Medicom Bats moders out here: Did You remove all the cotton from his legs? The articulation is indeed easier now(though not that much), but without the padding his legs wrinkle heavily, and make some of the leg poses look ridiculous. Also, what method did You use, to reconnect his leg armour with the torso, after the cutting? Just glue it togheter? I am worried that the connection won't be durable enough and will be prone to ripping open again, when some fancier poses will be attempted. Looking back now I think cutting him at the belt and removing the cotton was a mistake, especially considering that the increase in articulation is minor. Any help would be apprecieated.

Some shots of the repainted belt:
DSC_2758.jpg
DSC_2763.jpg
DSC_2765.jpg

DSC_2769.jpg

That repainted belt looks gorgeous. Nice work!

Thanks! I am currently stuck working on his legs. I really want to saw him back up, and get on with repainting, but I would like to improve his leg articulation first. Problem is I am not exactly sure what my next step should be. Removing cotton didn't help too much. It's the leg armour itself that's so restrictive.

Hey crack babies, I just did a video on my custom Batman figure!

[ame]https://youtu.be/tEo-BTbscos[/ame]

check it out!

Great video Ven. Progress on customising my own Medicom Bat, was a bit slow lately, but watching this really gave me the boost to pick up the work.

I've never really thought of using the HT body on this. I might give it a try. How did You manage to put on the suit, without cutting it?
Also, did You do anything to better the articulation of the arms? The ones on my figure are very stiff, and I would have trouble trying to keep them in the simple poses You put Your bats in the video.

About the boots. Perhaps a coat of varnish will be enough to give it the kind of sheen You want.

"I am poor, so....cut me some slack" - riiiiiiight.....I guess that Return Bat-Cowl was a gift then. ;)

Last edited:

Very impressive mod Ven. A modded Medicom IS much better than the DX. Very impressed with the neck, that is my single most nitpick on the DX. It looks good only when looking at it from the front. But once you start looking at it from different angles, its hard to ignore the skinny neck.

I like how yours look good on any angle. Very impressive mod all together man. Wish my DX looked like that.

Great video Ven. Progress on customising my own Medicom Bat, was a bit slow lately, but watching this really gave me the boost to pick up the work.

I've never really thought of using the HT body on this. I might give it a try. How did You manage to put on the suit, without cutting it?
Also, did You do anything to better the articulation of the arms? The ones on my figure are very stiff, and I would have trouble trying to keep them in the simple poses You put Your bats in the video.

About the boots. Perhaps a coat of varnish will be enough to give it the kind of sheen You want.

"I am poor, so....cut me some slack" - riiiiiiight.....I guess that Return Bat-Cowl was a gift then. ;)

Thanks Pro, it was hard, but i took the body apart and then put it back together inside of the suit. if that makes sense. so the back doesnt have any screws, but i'm not worried as i dont think its going anywhere

and I pinch my pennies. :yess:

Very impressive mod Ven. A modded Medicom IS much better than the DX. Very impressed with the neck, that is my single most nitpick on the DX. It looks good only when looking at it from the front. But once you start looking at it from different angles, its hard to ignore the skinny neck.

I like how yours look good on any angle. Very impressive mod all together man. Wish my DX looked like that.

thanks remy! i feel the same way. Its the neck that makes or break the look.

Wow. Great job Ven. I would like to echo what DarkSnake said in that I hope the Dark Knight Rises Batman looks as good as your custom (and isn't just a re-released DX02 with better accessories).

This makes me really want to sell my DX and go for a Medicom instead... The overall proportions are just perfect and top the DX by far... But somehow I cannot part with my DX... :dunno

dont do it. wait it out. TDKR is coming out soon. I'm sure every company will be doing a TDKR suit.

Back