Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

As nice as that is, for me only the arms and head are worthwhile on the medi, the rest goes to Hot Toys.

Stunning pics vodoun!

I think the legs and boots on medi are also a class apart from HT, only the chest and torso win on the (non leaky) DX IMO

You guys truly are artist, great job! That medix is very cool, I'm happy for the people who got a perfect batman!

6546302185_fe84275b26_b.jpg

Really cool vodun, any ideas what I could use as a background for my pics. I'm still kinda learning and taking pics with my droid.

Lots of things would work. A sheet of A3 white paper or any neutral colour. I used a bit of wallpaper cutting. Even fabric ironed will give it a nice backdrop.

Lots of things would work. A sheet of A3 white paper or any neutral colour. I used a bit of wallpaper cutting. Even fabric ironed will give it a nice backdrop.

Thanks man, I really need to get a camera but my droid is doing good for now. Your poses are pretty cool man. Do you do any post-work on shots like that or are those straight of your camera?

vodoun it looks as though ur medi batman's eyes could move! in this case the bats really looks lifelike!

On the surgery table:
DSC_2739.jpg

First time I am doing such a major conversion job, on a 1/6 figure. Pretty excited.

So far i've took care of the man-boobs problem, widened the head-sculpt, and removed the cotton from the legs. I also redistributed some of the cotton into his belly, to flaten it out and remove the wrinkles in the suit, from that area. My first attempts at figure-surgery didin't go so well, as I sliced my knife right through the visible parts of the suit, while I was removing the chest armour. Ah well, nothing that a bit of smooth modeling putty and a repaint(I was planning to do that to the whole figure anyway) won't fix.

I also repainted the belt:
DSC_2758.jpg
DSC_2765.jpg
DSC_2763.jpg

DSC_2769.jpg

How did You guys went about re-attaching the leg armour, to the rest of the suit? Just glue it back? I am worried that that the seam wil rip open in the future, especially now that I added more articulation to the legs. Perhaps adding some modeling putty to strenghten it, and help hide the scar, after a repaint.

Next on the agenda: thickening the neck.

Vodoun, the new pics are stunning.

There's no doubt that the Medi/DX hybrid is a stunning piece, but let's not forget that the Medi looks pretty dang good right out of the box:

batmede.jpg

Great pics V.

I noticed the thicker neck immediately as well. :D

And I think it bears repeating that your figure is 100% Medicom. Seems a few still think it's a Medix. :peace

With the announcement of 1989 Bat's being Release soon I had to relocate my TDK Figures to a new shelf to make room for the '89 figures coming.

I Like to have Dynamic Poses rather than Static arms to the sides sort of stuff.

8148b26c.jpg

615f2eae.jpg

d26db304.jpg

24874a07.jpg

Back