Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

thanks for the pic plutonic, how is the aticulations on the fig? your pic show clearing the shorter neck and the more expression face of the batman begins, makes me wants it even more now :)

The body is very flexible, but articulation at the shoulders is somewhat restricted by the bodysuit. If you've had any experience with the Medicom "Spiderman 3" figures, it's very similar.

I'll post some more pics when I get a chance.

Wow thanks Eddy, I checked there a few days ago and nothing. I planned to order from there first off but decided to order from Forbidden Planet instead, and then they only got 10 in stock.

Thanks buddy :clap

No problem bro :duff

Will these work for modding the chest decals?
https://www.hlj.com/product/HSGTF9
they have free shipping which is pretty good cause the other decals that were used were like $40 through eBay

Looks like it but it's hard to tell what colour it is. There's so many carbon/kevlar twill weave decal variants floating about. Black/grey, dark grey/grey.

You'll also need a bottle of microsol for those decals though. Or it wont look painted on.

3039356335313036.jpg

6138366435666665.jpg

The most $4 or so. Work it with a fine paint brush to soften the decals to the surface.

sol.jpg

Youtube embedding not working?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN3reagcBu8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWKhUYtnnYE

Oh Wow those parts look nice! I guess your other passion is making and collecting cars? I was going to pick some decals up from HLJ but the free shipping promo is over so I will try to find some in HK during my trip hopefully cheaper too. But yeah will have to aquire some more parts, paint gear and skills as I picked up a few model kits during that promo... Finemolds 1/144 Millenium Falcon, Italeri 1/6 Yamaha YZR500 and Tamiya 1/12 McLaren MP4/6 Honda
Any forums you can recommend where I can pick up some skills to do these? :p

I am always impressed by your pics. Even when you take a pic of something mundane it looks amazing and professional.

What kind of camera do you have?

OMG that.....
Thank god for technology!!! Internet, forums, google, youtube!!!

No, those two aren't mine. I was using it as an example for carbon decalling.

Ah, I see.

Still I love the quality of your pics. What camera do you use?

An ancient one. Badly need of an upgrade. Bought it in 2005. Never really started using it until summer 2008. A Fuji Finepix s5600. Sadly it's not a DSLR.

It doesn't do well in low lit places like what MaulFan's can do. I usually have to use the light tent or keep the ceiling spotlights up a fair whack. Like:
4367579915_596d60850b.jpg

The wide angle lens really helps for closer macro, such as:
3167159651_0a6ef3fbd3.jpg

3167159639_f5d845d41f.jpg

3166603769_09ece1ed5f.jpg

4325079887_0dc880ab52.jpg

3598819264_4444a88732.jpg

4017548769_f462bacf09_o.jpg

3663420823_d593a8c31e.jpg
4001845413_b1581aa6a9.jpg

damn nice models and pictures of them!!

An ancient one. Badly need of an upgrade. Bought it in 2005. Never really started using it until summer 2008. A Fuji Finepix s5600. Sadly it's not a DSLR.

It doesn't do well in low lit places like what MaulFan's can do. I usually have to use the light tent or keep the ceiling spotlights up a fair whack. Like:
4367579915_596d60850b.jpg

You can't adjust the shutter speed I take it. Me niether. :(

You do an amazing job with lighting then! :clap

I am looking for a Rismo painted medicom dark knight batman PM me if you are open to sell one.

I'm curious who has another Rismo repainted Medi bats here on the board. I know when I was in contact with him, he told me that he has some medi batman heads to paint, but never saw someone here who has posted pics of the repainted head beside of rismo himself.

Good luck on finding it mate, you would love it when you have him in hand. I'm still playing with the idea of putting the head on the dx body, but I would have to cut the head in the bottom to put the neck on him, so I'm afraid to destroy it.

I often ask myself if i really do need a dx... i think i'm fine with this.

painted by yours truly.

DSC00394a-1.jpg

DSC00393a.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00411a.jpg

DSC00396a-1.jpg

DSC00421a.jpg

Yeah it does look good! I already have the DX and those pics make me tempted to pick that up! Nice :clap

Yeah indeed. venakin has made it look premium quality. It's beautiful work. Truly, venakin! The best repaint I've seen yet.

Back