Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

any time brotha, i owe you one for taking so long on the other heads lol. just finishin up the joker... i take so long because i only work on the weekends.. have no time at all during the week days.

:rock i might have to take you up on that ven - paid commission of course. and no worries on the other heads - i know you've had a lot on your plate. can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm joining the club with posting some pics of the medi :)

Love the lighting. Looks so real. In fact I'd say it looks better than the DX.

dscf0136yx.jpg

dscf0150t.jpg

Last edited:

thanks mate :) I love your mods a lot. I've said it once, but can repeat it again. Your medi is imho the best out there! would really love to have your mods also on my medi. maybe someday I'm going to mod it like yours, but it will never get that good like yours. :)

and i love your new pics btw :D

What have you done to yours vodoun? Would love to know, cheers in advance if you post what you did.

On another note, anyone selling theirs? Off and on with the DX, the fact that some DCD direct batches have oil is very off putting, even at this stage. Such a shame with that figure.

thanks mate :) I love your mods a lot. I've said it once, but can repeat it again. Your medi is imho the best out there! would really love to have your mods also on my medi. maybe someday I'm going to mod it like yours, but it will never get that good like yours. :)

I would like to take a few commissions for the kevlar work but as the same way cr0w has felt I don't think I want to go down that road where it then becomes a job with possible pressure from deadlines. I'd just like to keep it a hobby.

When you see the decals in hand photos don't do it justice. It really makes the figure pop.

3677770061_c7ef5f6137.jpg

What have you done to yours vodoun? Would love to know, cheers in advance if you post what you did.

Just about everything I can possibly think that requires modding.

Head widening.
Neck stuffing.
Pinning down the points of the shoulder pads so there is no gaps.
Body widening, abdominal stuffing and flattening.
Face and eyes repaint.
Kevlar decals.
Belt and Grapple gun repaint and extra canister for the belt.
Hand repaints to gloss up the trim and knuckles.
Custom cape.
Hot Toys stand.

dscf0171x.jpg

dscf0165pg.jpg

dscf0166n.jpg

dscf8745.jpg

dscf8644.jpg

dscf0167c.jpg

dscf8811.jpg

All brilliant mate and definitely made put the figure on another level. I'm sure once the initial fear wore off for me i'd be able to do some of them to a good level, if I do buy the figure that is.

I noticed you re-did pratically everything - apart form the legs? He's got thunder thighs going on from standard even? Did you not fancy changing them?

How were you able to get into the body to stuff it flatten it etc?

I had thought about that but then I looked at more stills of the suit.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eddiewong/3327909305/in/set-72157607252504771/lightbox/

It looked pretty accurate to me.

To get into the suit once you've raised the belt, with a craft knife the suit is somewhat gently glued. There's is a lip that joins the two half's once you pry it open carefully no damage is done you can add or extract what you want. The problem was there was never enough foam in there to begin with so the abs folded at that part. The PVC material is so soft if there's nothing in behind to cushion it.

I had thought about that but then I looked at more stills of the suit.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eddiewong/3327909305/in/set-72157607252504771/lightbox/

It looked pretty accurate to me.

To get into the suit once you've raised the belt, with a craft knife the suit is somewhat gently glued. There's is a lip that joins the two half's once you pry it open carefully no damage is done you can add or extract what you want. The problem was there was never enough foam in there to begin with so the abs folded at that part. The PVC material is so soft if there's nothing in behind to cushion it.

I always thought that his belly fold looked weird and unnatural, i'm glad to see that i'm not alone. :lol

Did you also custom decal the HT or just the Medi?

Yeah I tried for ages one time trying to futz it with my fingers, it just wouldn't cushion it enough to flatten it. It always kept folding back. So I had to gut it and rearrange it.

Just the Medi has the decals.

I would like to take a few commissions for the kevlar work but as the same way cr0w has felt I don't think I want to go down that road where it then becomes a job with possible pressure from deadlines. I'd just like to keep it a hobby.

i can fully understand you. i also was asked many times for a commission to modify the ht oc bats, but I'm just afraid to destroy the figure of the people or don't have the time of doing them and getting under pressure and this would ruin this hobby completely. though i also would love to help those guys out and make them happy, but the risk and pressure would be too high just for hobby.
i want to enjoy this, forget the problems when I look at the figures or when i come here at this board to see some pics or news and not getting more problems through it.

but still, if you're interested in modifying a medi bats with your decals, just throw me a pm :D you would have the time how long you would like to do it, so no deadline etc. I have another medi body, so i can wait for it, without knowing that it is somewhere else ^^

Cheers Vodoun, sounds like it's easy to get into the body and painfree. So could you get into the legs if you wanted to?

Indeed. Epic pose. :D

No way could you do that with the DX.

Cheers Vodoun, sounds like it's easy to get into the body and painfree. So could you get into the legs if you wanted to?

Yep.

Holy crap does those 3 photos look amazing! :bow :bow :bow

That is one of the best soft-sharp compositions i've ever seen in this forum....period! :rock

He and his environment appear soft yet you can see the very fine details of his armor mesh on his arms!

NICE COMBO!

Back