Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

I often ask myself if i really do need a dx... i think i'm fine with this.

painted by yours truly.

Oh wow nice repaint! If I may ask, do you hand brush or airbrush this kind of project? I really hope to put some work into my Medi and possibly repaint the face. Any tips or hints would be really appreciated. I am just hopeing repainting just the mouth I may manage :p

I see he's widened his head a little more than Rismo's. You can really tell with the chin part. Very nice though. My problem with that was for me the base of the head wouldn't be all sealed if it became that wide. One side of the head would be wider than the other. Plus whatever end that was undone there would be a bit of play due to the base of the head undone. The only way I can figure getting the head to stay nice and wide would be to putty a new base.

The Medicom has the perfect head to neck area unlike the DX how it conforms to the neck.

dscf0123q.jpg

dscf0128fe.jpg

dscf0125p.jpg

dscf0126z.jpg

dscf0129s.jpg

dscf0130r.jpg

dscf0131m.jpg

Hey vodoun did you repaint your medi belt because I think it looks great.

Really love the grey decal mod on yours vodoun, adds a lot to the piece. The medi bats still has a special place in my heart lol. Love mine.

I'm tempted to buy this figure instead of going on the hunt for the DX.

With mods it looks fantastic. I've always loved it. There's something about it that keeps drawing me back to it when i'm looking at photos of the DX.

I can get it for half the price of a DX. Been discussing it with my mate greywolf on here, what do others think?

Got all weekend to make a decision! :lecture

I'm tempted to buy this figure instead of going on the hunt for the DX.

With mods it looks fantastic. I've always loved it. There's something about it that keeps drawing me back to it when i'm looking at photos of the DX.

I can get it for half the price of a DX. Been discussing it with my mate greywolf on here, what do others think?

Got all weekend to make a decision! :lecture

The dx does cost WAY more but think of all the extra stuff youre getting, pers head, sonar head, interchangeable mouths, sticky bomb gun, etc.

Tough one - really tough one, the cost of getting the medi up to the standard of a DX (repaint, head mods, neck mods, belt mods, cape mods although DX needs cap mod too), bring it almost to the price of a DX anyway unless you do the mods yourself.

The end result is a super figure which is free of the oil issues of the DX.

But the DX is a super figure in its own right, with the one big downside being the oil problem.

AHH.. really don't know what to reccomend. If you can live with the oil, get the DX. If not, get the Medi.

^^^ The dcd batch doesnt have oil.

Tough one - really tough one, the cost of getting the medi up to the standard of a DX (repaint, head mods, neck mods, belt mods, cape mods although DX needs cap mod too), bring it almost to the price of a DX anyway unless you do the mods yourself.

The end result is a super figure which is free of the oil issues of the DX.

But the DX is a super figure in its own right, with the one big downside being the oil problem.

AHH.. really don't know what to reccomend. If you can live with the oil, get the DX. If not, get the Medi.
That's a good point. I'd tackle the mouth re-paint myself. I can't paint whole heads but mouth areas I can do! Wierd, eh? :lol Also i'd give the head widening a go, shouldn't be too hard. I would probabaly but a loose Hot Toy belt and would more than likely look into a custom cape.

The results after such mods are definitely amazing as you say.

I couldn't live with the oil :lecture Hell, I couldn't live with myself if I ordered a figure I knew had problems. It would have to be DCD batch.

As snoop says with the DX you get more than a figure. The packaging is special in itself. It definitely has more pros than the Medi but for the price, the medi is a stellar option!

Definitely a hard decision.

The dx does cost WAY more but think of all the extra stuff youre getting, pers head, sonar head, interchangeable mouths, sticky bomb gun, etc.

get the medicom, no matter what you do and no matter how much you wipe off the oil it will deteriorate your figure and it will begin to break down. Not to mention that if you store your figures locked behind some sort of glass without ventilation you could ruin other figures perhaps

venn, that is sick!!! :rock:rock

now do mine, do mine !!! :lol

any time brotha, i owe you one for taking so long on the other heads lol. just finishin up the joker... i take so long because i only work on the weekends.. have no time at all during the week days.

Oh wow nice repaint! If I may ask, do you hand brush or airbrush this kind of project? I really hope to put some work into my Medi and possibly repaint the face. Any tips or hints would be really appreciated. I am just hopeing repainting just the mouth I may manage :p

air brush. with alot of tape lol.

Last edited:

any time brotha, i owe you one for taking so long on the other heads lol. just finishin up the joker... i take so long because i only work on the weekends.. have no time at all during the week days.

air brush. with alot of tape lol.

Seriousely?? Wow that would mean lots of detailed taping!

Seriousely?? Wow that would mean lots of detailed taping!

lol i may have exaggerated alittle... i just tape the cowl and leave the mouth exposed lol.

and the eyes are painted with a thin brush.

Last edited:
Back