Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

I decided to take one last crack at modding this... I think...

After looking over the DX I decided to beef him up in the proper areas and finally taken the fold out on the abs. No curved sides anymore.

dscf8906.jpg
dscf8908i.jpg

dscf8900.jpg
dscf8910.jpg

As well as somewhat point up his garden of good and evil, the way a crime fighter should be. From looking at the reference shots.

dscf8911l.jpg
dscf8912je.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eddiewong/2676666778/in/set-72157607252504771/

Looks good!

I really do like the chest on the Medi. It's obviously to big, but it's got a great comic booky bulge. Not sure if that makes sense. It's not just to big, it's kind of stylized, making it too big in a cool way, as opposed to the 1st HD DK figure, which is just to big.

Though it's weird how it can look slender at some angles.

dscf8917.jpg

Wow man, thanks alot guys for all your compliments. :eek:

Your bats is like, the best ever lol. It actually looks like Bale!

:horror thanks aloooot, but the best medi out there is vodouns one :)

can we have a close up shot of your OC bats?! looks amazing there! like when hes walking thru the jail cells

sure, hehe yeah I've played with it a bit. have watched training day the last night with denzel washington and just wanted to imitate his walking-style just for fun :D

htocde.png

htocde2.png

I remember the months it took him building the original suit.

that's the reason why I'm loving it more than just buying it complete with one time. I'm glad I've jumped into it, but it's still not complete. But near complete. KingGrayskull will ship me soon my OC hands, so I'll have him complete beside of the gauntlets.

And as for my detolf: It's an old one. My older brother has bought it maybe 6 years ago for 180€ (~250$). The shop where we get this was called Mann Mobilia, but it's a regional shop with the base in Germany. So I don't think that it's spread out there in the USA or Europe.

Did you mod that original costume batman ? Hes beefed up, which is good cause he looks more acurate then my OC Bat ! Also how did you get the shoulders to go down ? I've tried pulling mines down but they don't sit that low like yours...give us the juicy details lol !!!

Hey Vodoun - how did you go about stuffing his sides to make his profile straighter? A tutorial would be awesome!

And great mods, really well done

Such a nicely displayed collection thrust
and awesome looking bats vodoun, i dont know what it is, but i almost like the medi more than the dx. It has that christian bale likeness somehow, like you can tell its him

The more I see the medi DK, the more I want to get it even though I've got the Hot Toys DX already........he really looks good!!!

I love vodouns high-quailty body. I wanted to mod my body too, but I would never get it to look like his medi is looking, so I gave up :D

And as for the Medi vs HT DX, I always thought that the Medi one has the better head-sculpt, but the overall quality and details of the body of the hot toys dx is just phenomenal. I've purchased one 'loose' DX from studiosunny (it has only the led-eyes head, body with cape, so no extras and no pers) and I'm really excited to see the differences between those two figures in hand. And can't wait to try and mix both figures with each other :D

The more I see of this fig, the more I want to cancel my DX preorder and pick it up.

Edit: not in any way a slam on the DX, just referring to the oil issue.

This is a great figure no doubt but requires A LOT, and I mean A LOT of mods before it can be comparable to the DX. Mine still needs:
- a proper head widening mod (did it once but it appears to have reversed)
- and needs his waist stuffed.

I've already done the following:
- eyes and face repainted by small studios
- neck thickened by stuffing cotton wool
- attempted head widening
- belt replaced with HT TDK v1 version
- Cape replaced by buddy lee version

Is the Medicom Dark Knight's head rubber like the Batman Bagins head was? Read Crawford's review on the Batman Begins and he said that the head was a rubber mask on top of a blank head. Is that the same for the Dark Knight head?

Have you modded that OC Thrust, looks very beefy and best I have seen it.

I haven't modded it. All parts were bought loose and I put everything together. When I did this i had to stretch the suit a bit to get it right, so maybe that's the reason why it looks beefy when i corrected the suit again. But I haven't done something special to the suit or something. It's also the original HT black body in there. And thank you very much for your compliment :)

I'll get soon an OC head-sculpt and I'll be doing with it a massive mod: shorten the neck and will do change the mouth piece with the takara one. the takara one is smaller then the oc one, so i have to add some sculp to it. it will be fun :D

Is the Medicom Dark Knight's head rubber like the Batman Bagins head was? Read Crawford's review on the Batman Begins and he said that the head was a rubber mask on top of a blank head. Is that the same for the Dark Knight head?

I don't know how the Begins is, but the medi tdk is all rubber i think. That's the reason why you can get it wider, when you're heating it up. You can press it with your fingers to get it wider...

So the head is just a hallow rubber head??

Yeah, extremely hollow but not fragile. It's like a mix of rubber and plastic. When it heats up it becomes quite pliable. The base popped out on mine when I had done this, so I re-glued it after my mods. Once it cools down it becomes very hard. If not careful it can pull itself back into it's original position. Thats why I stuffed it with hard foam.

I think this is how the Takara is.

Yeah, extremely hollow but not fragile. It's like a mix of rubber and plastic. When it heats up it becomes quite pliable. The base popped out on mine when I had done this, so I re-glued it after my mods. Once it cools down it becomes very hard. If not careful it can pull itself back into it's original position. Thats why I stuffed it with hard foam.

I think this is how the Takara is.

The reason is I want to do a display with Bruce Wayne and the Batman costume in the future. So I would need to butcher a TDK or BB figure. Since the Medicoms have a hollow head it might be easier to carve that head rather than drill and hollow out say a takara or Hot Toys. I know I may get flamed for thinking of such things but it's a thought that's crossed my mine.

It's hollow right up to the ears.

Hey Vodoun - how did you go about stuffing his sides to make his profile straighter? A tutorial would be awesome!

And great mods, really well done

No tutorial but it requires internal gutting!

I used a crafting knife to gently pry open the already gently glued join and it slowly opened up with the wooden end of a fine paint brush. No ripping. It's like a ledge of rubber that tucks in below the upper part.

I poked and pushed the cotton wool around in between packing it more with thick foam. Notice how loose the belt is from the default figure? Lastly once the sides were all packed and more or less straight, I used a thick bit of leatherette cutting and placed it behind the abs to pack it and straighten it out. I packed his garden of good and evil with some hard kitchen roll making it look pointy. Once done I carefully used modeling glue to join it back up.

It was actually fairly empty behind the abs. Most of it was pushed down to his crotch which was wrong. Thats also why it looked so puffy down there. Probably the same reason why the abs caved in so easily. The material is quite soft when there's nothing behind it to support it.

dscf8949.jpg

Thrust, that really is a beautiful display! I'll bet you're glad you never sold any of it off... The beefy suit is so animal like.

htocde.png

Last edited:
Back