Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

This is a great figure no doubt but requires A LOT, and I mean A LOT of mods before it can be comparable to the DX. Mine still needs:
- a proper head widening mod (did it once but it appears to have reversed)
- and needs his waist stuffed.

I've already done the following:
- eyes and face repainted by small studios
- neck thickened by stuffing cotton wool
- attempted head widening
- belt replaced with HT TDK v1 version
- Cape replaced by buddy lee version

Yeah thats the only thing holding me back, it needs ALOT of modding.

The reason is I want to do a display with Bruce Wayne and the Batman costume in the future. So I would need to butcher a TDK or BB figure. Since the Medicoms have a hollow head it might be easier to carve that head rather than drill and hollow out say a takara or Hot Toys. I know I may get flamed for thinking of such things but it's a thought that's crossed my mine.

well, now that i have my 3 DX bats, i went back to my V1 bats and hollowed out the head.

i know, i 'destroyed' an expensive figure, but seeing as how i have the better version, there was no need for the originals head (i can still use the body, i currently have sonar head on V1 body).

so i hollowed out the V1 head. no easy task. well, it's not hard either, but requires patience and a lot of cutting, shaving and digging. i'll take pics of it soon to show you.

It's hollow right up to the ears.
Thrust, that really is a beautiful display! I'll bet you're glad you never sold any of it off... The beefy suit is so animal like.

htocde.png

I like Batman in this pic, lighting make figure look like the real batman.

The OC Bats looks beautiful in that pic, and I love the mangler gauntlets and TDK gloves (am I correct?)

well, now that i have my 3 DX bats, i went back to my V1 bats and hollowed out the head.

i know, i 'destroyed' an expensive figure, but seeing as how i have the better version, there was no need for the originals head (i can still use the body, i currently have sonar head on V1 body).

so i hollowed out the V1 head. no easy task. well, it's not hard either, but requires patience and a lot of cutting, shaving and digging. i'll take pics of it soon to show you.

Yes please take pics. WOW 3 DX Bats? Are they suffering from the same problem everyone else is?

Yes please take pics. WOW 3 DX Bats? Are they suffering from the same problem everyone else is?

yes, however, not as severe, which is surprising. of course using a piece of tissue to dab his abs every so often does get annoying...BUT, in some weird way, for myself at least, opening up the un-opened ones to clean the abs is KINDA cool, in the sense that i'm opening the toy for the first time to marvel at everything....

i know, i'm weird like that. but yeah, it's not that bad for me.

EDIT

here are the pics

R1013092.jpg

R1013091.jpg

Last edited:

That's HT TDK v1. Looks surprisingly good once the horrendous face sculpt is out of the way. I've done the same to my DX PERs head but its in extreme 'battle damage' condition (I 'destroyed' it to get a replacement for the warpage)

MY Sonar head on my DX batman was warped (sorry said PERs head in above post by mistake, it was not symmetrical, common problem with sonar heads in the first batches), so I asked HT for a replacement. They said they will send a replacement after I 'destroy' my head and provide pictures. So i banged the head up a bit and broke it in half. I sent pictures of the broken head to HT and they have sent my a replacement.

So now i've hollowed out my destroyed sonar head and i'll be joining the halves back together, to give it a battle damaged unmasked head look. lol

Wait so that's the Hot toys TDK??

yessir that was the HT V1 head. the trickiest parts were the mouth and eyes. mouth was GLUED TIGHT.

once the mouth came off, you still need to slice and dice due to a similar build like the DX mouth. then the eyes, you need to be precise and make sure you use a DAMNED sharp knife. i think it's called an exacto knife.

if you plan on doing this, well, have fun, but be careful.

I was thinking about using a medicom Batman. That head looks great but too stiff. I think the Medicom, being rubber, would look more like a mask. Plus it's cheaper than a Hot Toys Batman.

I was thinking about using a medicom Batman. That head looks great but too stiff. I think the Medicom, being rubber, would look more like a mask. Plus it's cheaper than a Hot Toys Batman.

So you want to buy a medicom just for doing a mask of it?
If so and if you're going to part him out, I WANT HIS HANDS :D I need them so badly :monkey2

I actually want a Medicom Batman for the suit and the head. So I'll probably end up parting it out. I dont need all the accessories, hands, and body. So yeah if you want you can have the hands. I think Q said he was selling a Medicom Dark Knight.

I actually want a Medicom Batman for the suit and the head. So I'll probably end up parting it out. I dont need all the accessories, hands, and body. So yeah if you want you can have the hands. I think Q said he was selling a Medicom Dark Knight.

Okay that's brilliant. So count me in :)

do you want anything else? The body?

just need those hands. and if it's okay the grapling gun too.

Back