Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

I ordered mine two weeks ago now, got a pretty good deal. Now if only it would show up :lol

Just recieved mine, its a christmas present tho so i couldn't open him, I just had a quick look at him, definatley worth the $102 from BBTS the only thing i dont like about him is his cape and the shoulder pads just sticking right up, but other than that he looked good, very goood headsculpt aswell

Just recieved mine, its a christmas present tho so i couldn't open him, I just had a quick look at him, definatley worth the $102 from BBTS the only thing i dont like about him is his cape and the shoulder pads just sticking right up, but other than that he looked good, very goood headsculpt aswell

deffo...u can eliminate the shoulder pad problem with careful posistiing of the arms. and the cape is removable - its glued in but gently pull out the tabs and its fine. once its out tho its out. i love my medi figure, the shape of the cowl and the accuracy of the armour is outstanding. his arms are much more accurate than HT's too

Gotta give props to this figure, as good as the DX is it gives it a very good run for its money.

It is better than the V1 and on par in some areas with the DX. Good going for medicom, who we all know don't always make the best figures...

deffo...u can eliminate the shoulder pad problem with careful posistiing of the arms. and the cape is removable - its glued in but gently pull out the tabs and its fine. once its out tho its out. i love my medi figure, the shape of the cowl and the accuracy of the armour is outstanding. his arms are much more accurate than HT's too

Do you both recommend him? And Joshua are you getting the DX? which one do you think is better?

If you have the money, sure hes a very good price, im going to be getting the DX when it comes out but i think this one is cool, but i will have to wait until xmas

Can you show me a pic of what you mean?

medidkprofile.jpg

Do you both recommend him? And Joshua are you getting the DX? which one do you think is better?

I do recommend him -

pros - very accurate suit design, nice and slim, very accurate arms compared to hot toys, the shape of the cowl is spot on, his hands are better than HT

cons - the mouth is poor quality, nowhere near HT standard, the cape sucks but is removable, his chest boobies are a tad big, harsh lighting can make it look very toy like

but it does look phenomenal in person - some pictures make it look awful tho

with regards to the new ht DX i wud love to get it but i will wait till all of these quality control problems have been sorted - i was so close to buying one on ebay the other day but when i learnt of all the mishapen cowl problems i cudnt risk it. if u can only get one figure - i wud recommend the HT DX - i havent seen it in real life but i can tell it is better than the medi.

Can you show me a pic of what you mean?

unless i have a quality camera i wont be able to convey what i mean properly in pictures. coz the shoulder pads are part of the arm and not the shoulder they obvs move when u move the arm. if u put the arms by his side and close to his body then the shoulder pads stick out at the top and look wrong. if u posistion his arms slightly outwards then the shoulder pads are lowered back to the shoulder and it looks correct

I had been thinking of reworking the shoulder pads but I really don't want to ruin it. So they would be like v1. Pinned down at the top but loose at the side of the arms.

I just don't know what it's like in below on the kevlar plate. Plus if I removed it I would need to re-fix new kevlar decals since it was shaped for around the exposed area.

Also if it was possible I would probably have to heat up the shoulder armour so it becomes more curved as it goes across the top of the shoulders where it is suppose to curve at the peaks.

Would also be neat if I found a way to temporarily take out the chest armour and mold new flatter kevlar areas with model putty and fit new decals so it's not like the current Arnie pecks. Sadly I'm not sure if it would be possible that it could ruin the figure. Wrecking the supposedly pitted details below the plates. As it seems to be fixed on.

if anyone who owns the medi batman, and do not need the open-hands, please shoot me a pm. i have only the fists, so i would like to have the opened one too.

in the meantime, here some shots with the pod. Hope you like it :)

mepo.png

mepo2.png

mepo3.png

mepo4.png

mepo5.png

Real nice, Thrust!

Is the DX wait getting to you too? I had to dig mine out upon more looking at the photos of the DX and done my best to widen the hips and sealed back up. The body is now solid with foam. There's still a slight curve but I just cannot get any more foam in or to move it. No play at all now.

I'm tempted to make a little template to scratch the detail curve part on the plates below the belt thats currently missing.

This is the worst room for lighting to be honest.

dscf8616.jpg

dscf8618.jpg
dscf8624.jpg

dscf8644.jpg

Last edited:

I really think Medicom did a great job with this figure. Just like the HT figures, there is some room for improvement, but it is far and away more accurate and better looking than Medi's Begins costume (which definitely looks like a toy and is a midget in all the pictures I have seen of it).

I don't know if I would have gotten this figure since I had the V1 HT, but it is very tempting at the current prices you can find it for. I won't get it now, though, as I have the DX Bats. With both HT TDK suits and the OC Bats as well, I can't justify another Batman - unless an HT quality Gotham By Gaslight Batman is produced in 1/6th.

To those who have both DX and Medi, who has better articulation? I read before that Medi's only restriction is the legs because of the fabric stuffing. Has anyone thought of combining the 2 for a perfect TDK? Like, putting Medi's costume on a TT and using the DX head?

Great shots - still love this figure

Thanks alot :) And yeah me too :monkey5

Real nice, Thrust!

Is the DX wait getting to you too?

Thanks mate :) I love the pose you have! And yes, the DX is on my list too, but I need a bit patience. All those quality-problems are worrying me and the price on ebay is just ridiculous, so I'm waiting until the price are going to be a bit stable and reasonable.

To those who have both DX and Medi, who has better articulation? I read before that Medi's only restriction is the legs because of the fabric stuffing. Has anyone thought of combining the 2 for a perfect TDK? Like, putting Medi's costume on a TT and using the DX head?

I'm not owning the DX, but as for the pics of the dx and my Medi, I think that the medi with his upperbody have more possibilities for better articulation. the legs are the problem, the material of his suit is just too strong and with the cotton under the suit does make it really hard to pose them right.

can't wait to have the dx in the future, so i can compare them equal, but what I've seen, it doesn't make any sense to change the parts of the dx and medis. although i still think that the headsculpt looks better then the dx when it's modified. Those mouthpieces are okay, but they just doesn't captured bales' expression. When I look at my medi, I can recognize immediatly that this is bale.

And again to those Medi-Owners: IF you have a spare of the open-hands and you don't use them, please shoot me a pm! I need them. :eek:

I decided to take the Takara out as it's been packaged up for so long from reading what Les had said regarding plastics/rubber contacts, which hasn't got a mark thankfully. I hadn't seen the Takara against the Medi and thought it looked rather buff/tall. Scary how chunky the Takara platform shoes are. :D

One of the previous times comparing sizes.
watermark.php

Yes ignore the cheesy Bruce head, as I normally display it with the HT OS Wayne head. Only because I'm only giving it some air that head is staying on.

dscf8652.jpg

dscf8650z.jpg

dscf8651.jpg

dscf8667g.jpg

dscf8670.jpg

Back