Medicom 4-LOM 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep us posted. I never thought it looked bad and the scale is probably dead on. Just the price that was holding me back.

I used his MG-34 stood next to him like a yard stick, compared a sandtrooper's 1/6th one with my TC-14 (same body mould) and the scale does indeed look spot on. Should prob have it in hand in a week

I got it! here are some fresh out of the box pics, before I repaint him

4lomlowqual1.png

4lomlowqual3.png

4lomlowqual1a.png

4lomlowqual4.png

4lomlowqual5.png

4lomlowqual6.png

4lomlowqual7.png

Mini review, as info and pics are scarce on this guy -

In hand he feels very solid, despite being basically the same droid as the medi tc-14 I have, he feels heavier and sturdier, with tight joints. Doesn't feel cheap or anything.

The 'on the hunt poses' in the above pics are the most you are gonna get out of him, the character design of the droid plating prevents his movement, and his elbow pistons are fixed solid so no elbow articulation. You can get a lot of character out of him still, but he isn't gonna flip out and go full on space marine any time soon. I imagine him doddering along and shooting from the hip like an old clint eastwood :lol

There is a flaw on mine, and this is the only feature i'd call 'bad' on the figure (the mould is good apart from the neck isn't as hunched as in the film, might have a go modding that. The orange rust is too vibrant and he is a tad clean but it is acceptable for factory) is the head paint, they actually forgot to finish the paint apps on the eyes too, leaving mine flat green

4lomlowqual2.png

Don't mind, as I'm repainting him to look like this anyway,
images

so may as well do the eyes

Wires in the stomach are painted on, but are done well.

Depending how I feel I may change his neck, and add elbow articulation (with the headache of what to do with the pistons) but just gonna go for paint atm.

Great pics mort, like the mini review as well. Is the articulation the same as the 3po and tc-14, or is there more?

Thanks guys, the articulation is exactly the same as tc-14 and therefore c3po, also i'm glad the hasbro zuckuss has the same height difference with 4-lom as on film - decades and continents apart it was surely a fluke :lol

Did the terrifying task of breaking off his head (wasn't designed to be disassembled at all, unlike a lot of ssc figs that let you) to change his neck haha, worked out well though in the end and has the squatter, less human like head position. Will do a boat load of modification pics when I have it all done :hi5:

Did the terrifying task of breaking off his head (wasn't designed to be disassembled at all, unlike a lot of ssc figs that let you) to change his neck haha, worked out well though in the end and has the squatter, less human like head position. Will do a boat load of modification pics when I have it all done :hi5:

Yup. I had to dismantle the chest to do my 3PO mod. That's the only way to get the head off unless you can split the head T the seam.

Yup. I had to dismantle the chest to do my 3PO mod. That's the only way to get the head off unless you can split the head T the seam.

:panic: I had my TC-14 apart that way, but 4-lom not needing any batteries, hasn't got the little hatch at the back that can be removed, its stuck on solid. Under that hatch theres probably screws to open up the torso if its like TC-14.

For 4-lom I did away with his neck post and replaced it with a shorter plumbing part that looks spot on (for what little you can see) and it still spins.

Looks great bro. Hopefully if this trend keeps up SS will make Zuckuss and Dengar.

Done the neck mod and repainted his head so far, will do the body soon

Here is how it was before:

4lomlowqual2.png

Now for the usual photo-spam!
After repaint:

4lomheadlowqual1.png

4lomheadlowqual2.png

4lomheadlowqual3.png

4lomheadlowqual4.png

4lomheadlowqual5.png

4lomheadlowqual6.png

4lomheadlowqual10.png

You can just about tell what I did to the neck if you compare the following pic to the previous, out of box ones - shortened and changed the angle of his head to match ESB

4lomheadlowqual11.png

The body is next up to be done

Yeah, that head repaint looks awesome. Can't believe the figure came like that! 4-LOM looks a bit like someone's kid brother next to IG there, but that IG is pretty tall with legs up.

Wow! And I mean Wow! Nice repaint bro. Your making me want to lighten my wallet! Panic! :)

Thanks guys! Haha I did think they looked like a comedy duo with that kind of height difference, but 4-lom was always a shorty and IG-88 was stood a step down from everyone else on the executor and still towered, so its all fair i guess!

The eyes were tricky but I eventually just painted them entirely in light green, and then used grade 2000 sand paper to sand over the raised surface to expose darker green beneath, ended up being the easiest way to get his bug eye look as capillary action wasn't working well with all those little channels this time.

Hopefully by the time I repaint his body to look like this
4-LOM.jpg

he will be the definitive 4-lom for me, able to be in the BH lineup with no worries. Even his lack of elbow articulation is workable as you can pose the gun being held in a couple of hip-shooty ways.

If anybody else gets 1 and wants to shorten the neck also, I'll try and get some pics of the plumbing parts I used that fit perfectly and still allow articulation.

Done the neck mod and repainted his head so far, will do the body soon

Here is how it was before:

4lomlowqual2.png

Now for the usual photo-spam!
After repaint:

4lomheadlowqual1.png

4lomheadlowqual2.png

4lomheadlowqual3.png

4lomheadlowqual4.png

4lomheadlowqual5.png

4lomheadlowqual6.png

4lomheadlowqual10.png

You can just about tell what I did to the neck if you compare the following pic to the previous, out of box ones - shortened and changed the angle of his head to match ESB

4lomheadlowqual11.png

The body is next up to be done
:clap Friggin awesome mort !!! You really nailed it.

disaster! my airbrush broke at this stage, luckily he's nearly done and passable for some photos, will try figure how to do the rest by hand another day I think (just need to add a few more bits of rust, and varying tones from the waist down and then seal bits)

Also got to learn to use my camera :slap pictures are either too dark or too bright lol, too lazy to mess with the settings after doing a repaint

Reference photo

4-LOM.jpg

4lombodylowqual2.png

4lombodylowqual1.png

Obligatory before photo

4lomlowqual1a.png
(not bad, but felt like how he'd look if he was in the CW rather than ESB)

IG-88 photobombing in the background of those other pics still, he has been totally repainted too but I like his pose too much to move him to photograph :dunno

Will do some better shots soon, for IG-88 too

Still might try and do something about the red line on his chest looking like a hot dog too, only just noticed that haha

edit: here's a how to guide, any specific questions just ask, this guy is pretty rare on the net, so if you have one and want to improve it I'll try answer how I did mine

To get the body like that, i first sprayed him a shade of rusty orange all over, and put very little amounts of salt and hairspray on key areas, then I sprayed him all black, and got a cotton wool bud and wet it, and rubbed it all over the paint, which took a little bit off as it wasn't fully set yet, this left subtle rust marks appearing from the orange beneath, as well as specs from the removal of the salt and hairspray. Went over a few bits with a tamiya weathering kit rust colour, then sprayed a thin coat of gloss to give him a sheen in some areas. For the rust right in the panel lines, i just scratched away with a blunt scalpel to reveal the orange beneath.

For the head, I sprayed it with tamiya titanium colour, but any silvery colour that isn't blueish will do. Did some shading to give illusion of metallic surface in the nooks and crannies, then did some highlights on protruding bits with the miracle that is 'rub n buff', a metallic paste you put on in small amounts and looks like polished metal. I then glossed the highlights to make it look like theyre shiney metal.

The eyes were just painted dark green, then light green entirely over them, then that was sanded away with 2000 sand paper, leaving the light green only in the little channels between the eye fragments. lots of gloss over the eyes then.

Last edited:
Back