Prop Medicom 1:1 Toy Story Woody Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can easily pose it limp as if it is non articulated. They have just given him the armature so other collectors can pose as if he is alive, to go with the expressive faces.

Options are good.

Last edited:
Nope man, the toy story collection one is a total crap compare to this one and have too many flaws :

- Woody doesn't have the "blank toy mode face"
- his arms can't be rise at the level of his head because they are too much sewn to his body
- His white ring in his back is too big compare to the movie
- His head isn't "loose". I mean, it doen't move when you shake Woody

The medicom one is the most perfect looking replica I've ever seen but his articulated body totally ruin it.
So in the end it's not an exact replica. Screw that ! Is it really hard to make an exact reproduction of Woody ??

well it wouldn't be an exact replica if he was floppy all the time either right? I'd rather have the option to pose him cause you can prolly pose him to look more floppy and un-articulated if you want.

I see it as it being a replica of him when he was alive. This can be posed any way you want it. I think it's a necessary creative decision on their part. This thing will be a lot of fun to pose.

Precisely.

An 'exact replica' of the woody doll needs to be correct down to every stitch AND movable as THE woody doll is alive.

You don't understand why I'm talking about... By "exact replica", I mean the way woody looks when he is in "toy mode" when Andy plays with him. I don't want a Woody who looks alive, but the same toy that Andy does have in the movie. :)

So I don't care about the two expressions faces and the entire articulated body. Hope they'll make another version without them, so everybody can be pleased.

You don't understand why I'm talking about... By "exact replica", I mean the way woody looks when he is in "toy mode" when Andy plays with him. I don't want a Woody who looks alive, but the same toy that Andy does have in the movie. :)

So I don't care about the two expressions faces and the entire articulated body. Hope they'll make another version without them, so everybody can be pleased.
You're not alone, that's the exact version I want a well. A replica that looks like it just came from the toy store.

The price keeps stopping me from pulling the trigger on this one as I'm not interested in all those extra features. But he seems to be selling out online and I know I'll regret it if I miss the boat on this one. :panic:

It's both isn't it? There's faces to recreate scenes when he's alive and there's a face to recreate when he's just a doll.

Why are we having this conversation?

It's both isn't it? There's faces to recreate scenes when he's alive and there's a face to recreate when he's just a doll.

Why are we having this conversation?

I think someone just thinks that the skeleton inside makes it an inaccurate replica. I think its what sets this piece apart from the other previous efforts. I am completely on board.

Surely you can just pick up a doll from a Toys R Us and there's your Woody doll? Certainly isn't worth paying a large amount of money for a figure if you want it to be like a stuffed doll that just sits there.

This figure looks pretty cool, though the price is too much for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surely you can just pick up a doll from a Toys R Us and there's your Woody doll? Certainly isn't worth paying a large amount of money for a figure if you want it to be like a stuffed doll that just sits there.
If only... The only ones available have several flaws. The biggest of which is the lack of a blank neutral face. I have the Thinkway Toy Story Collection Woody and it's decent. Face bugs me though and it doesn't hold a candle to this Medicom version.

And while I would have preferred Medicom to make a soulless limp doll that's not the direction they wanted to go and I can respect that since they're providing people with several display options. Cap'n Cook said it best:

You can easily pose it limp as if it is non articulated. They have just given him the armature so other collectors can pose as if he is alive, to go with the expressive faces.

Options are good.

AmiAmi lists the figure coming with hand parts and a figure stand. I wonder if hand parts means extra hands? Maybe one to hold his hat?

Would be cool if the figure stand is the one from Toy Story 2.

AmiAmi lists the figure coming with hand parts and a figure stand. I wonder if hand parts means extra hands? Maybe one to hold his hat?

Would be cool if the figure stand is the one from Toy Story 2.

I immediately thought of that... but then it made me sad that I'm becoming Al of Al's Toy Barn rather than Andy.

Back