Medi + DX = Medix :: [Medix 2.0 Batman p.72]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medi + DX = Medix

IMG_4852_zps1f32335d.jpg

IMG_4862_zps764ece0e.jpg

IMG_4871_zpse1b97630.jpg

IMG_4893_zps7ad5b69c.jpg

best :clap:clap

what should i do with my medicom to be like thiss ??

Page one is thrust master mod no ? I think this mod is different ?

Honestly, they look great to me.

Thanks, Ill stick with them.

best :clap:clap

what should i do with my medicom to be like thiss ??

A lot of money, a lot of time and a lot of hard work. :lol

Not to mention you have to hunt down the DX02 parts which isn't easy to do.

But to answer your question, firstly you need the chest armor and stomach armor from the HT DX02. You have to widen the head and get it repainted too. Some people kept the Medi body but I switched mine out with a slim TT and boy did that open a whole other can of worms. I had to dremel out the inner head to get it to fit an HT adapter plus sand the living hell out of the body so it could fit the suit etc.

If you're seriously interested, and this goes for anyone, just PM me and I'll help you the best I can. It's a lot to discuss here. :)

Seriously, Im embarrassed to admit how much money I sunk into this figure. Plus the time involved. I took this thing apart three times and rebuilt it for various reasons.

damn fiend, very nice.

Thank, man. :hi5:

Surely some if not all of the DX02 parts could now be substituted with DX12 parts to make it a little easier? Also I would assume some of the DX12 parts could even replace the Medi counterparts? I have not done any analysis and not sure if anyone did an updated MeDX12 but something to consider when staring this project now? I sure love the DX12 belt that's the one thing I am sure of lol

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Surely some if not all of the DX02 parts could now be substituted with DX12 parts to make it a little easier? Also I would assume some of the DX12 parts could even replace the Medi counterparts? I have not done any analysis and not sure if anyone did an updated MeDX12 but something to consider when staring this project now? I sure love the DX12 belt that's the one thing I am sure of lol

Oh surely, but honestly you're just better off just getting a DX12 and using the Medi head or something. As far as replacing Medi parts with the DX12 counterparts, again, you're just better off getting as DX12. I love my Medix but it's a thing of the past really. If was perfect when there wasn't anything on the market to compete with it ( for some). But with the release of the DX12 everything else in this scale is pretty much obsolete. Now, that's not saying the DX12 is perfect because it isn't, namely the eyes for me and the cowl for others etc. But I think as far as the suit goes it has the Medix beat, of course with a little modding here and there. But even stock I think it's an overall upgrade. With the Medi boots being the exception. Although I the the DX12 boots more, don't shoot me. The Medix grew out of collectors disappointment ( or OCD) from other figures. So one day Thrust took the best parts of the Medi and the DX02 mashed them together and a legend was born! j/k.I always wanted to say that. :lol No, but seriously, after that we all jumped on and had the closest thing to accurate at the time with what was available....until the DX12 came along. That's just my opinion.

Boardies are still mashing them up though. I can't remember who it is but someone has a few with different variations with parts of the DX12 and Medi. I think the best thing the Medi has to offer at this point in the cowl which I still think it the best after modding. So if you can get a modded Medi head to look good on a DX12 body you have a full winner. :)

Actually MRM was offering a Medi type cowl w faceplate for the DX12 so that might be the easiest to get anyone who wants the closest thing up to speed then :p
I actually never had a true MeDX as I never got myself to gutt the DX but only the MMS bat so a MeMMS lol but the Medi cowl was best after repaint and mod at the time for sure!!
For me I am waiting for Q0001 to hopefully settle me ones and for all :p

Last edited:

Hi Fiend! I have a modified medicom TDK and spare DX02. I really love your work and wanted to do the same using the medicom body. Can you give me tips or steps on how to dissect both Medicom and DX02.....Initially is it easy to do? To take off the Chest and stomach armor of the DX02? And on my Medicom can i just take it off? Any of the figure deemed useless when i switch armors?

To this day there ain't no better TDK headsculpt than a modded medi. Awesome feind.

The new HT 1:4 is great but really suffers when looking at it side on due to how it doesn't curve round. It says to me HT do this on purpose to allow for articulation.

Today I want to show you the Medix 2.0. What makes it to a Medix? This is what I've done to this figure:

- Medicom TDK modified headsculpt
- Custom Velvet Cape
- Hot Toys Armory Upper Suit
- Medicom Gauntlets: cutted, to see the HT fabric under it
- Hot Toys DX12 Belt
- Custom Undersuit (for the legs)
- Medicom TDK rubber parts: cutted and glued on the legs
- Hot Toys Armory Boots

Now some shots of my new Medix 2.0:

medix-2-1.png

medix-2-2.png

medix-2-3.png

medix-2-4.png

medix-2-5.png

medix-2-6.png

i hope you guys like it :wave

That's damn nice my friend. The headsculpt is the best I've seen. A medix 2.0. Never thought id see that!

Looks really nice! Love how the gauntlet fits on the forearm.

Great work man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's damn nice my friend. The headsculpt is the best I've seen. A medix 2.0. Never thought id see that!

Thanks brother, and yes, me neither. :D But the first version looked a bit outdated in my cabinet and so i decided to do a re-run.
The HT armory version is great, but as always, i just didn't like the legs, too thick and less details. Gauntlets looked also still too big for it. Sculpt is also great, i made some shots with the armory sculpt yesterday i think, but still, it doesn't come to the likeness of the Medi. And so i decided to do the more agressive version with cutting the pieces of the Medicom figure and to do this one here.

Looks really nice! Love how the gauntlet fits on the forearm.

Great work man.

Thank you very much mate! :)

Did u use the HT for the carbon fibre parts of the pants? Because the Medi carbon looks different right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back