McHaleyArt's ...Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh is correct. Sometimes you can get a good deal if the seller has listed an attainable Buy It Now price or a 1-3 day auction.

Another question bro, whats the difference between Derwent Watercolour and Derwent artist pencils? both a 72 pack by the way. Which would you recommend to a drawer returning to the hobby? if not any of the above what would you recommend

Another question bro, whats the difference between Derwent Watercolour and Derwent artist pencils? both a 72 pack by the way. Which would you recommend to a drawer returning to the hobby? if not any of the above what would you recommend
Jamal,
It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you're returning to the hobby, I wouldn't worry about color and concentrate on your drawing skills, using pencil only. If you just want to cut loose and have a good time watercolor paints or watercolor pencils are good for that. Most art stores (Blick, Michaels, etc. all have books that show you basic method...I would suggest flipping through them and find the one that appeals to you the most. Watercolor is the hardest, but if you get the hang of it, then painting with opaque mediums (acrylic, oil) should come easier.

Cool man im watching a few 72 packs of Derwent pencils on ebay. I think maybe artist pencils would be better because i dont think ill be painting.

When it comes to lead pencils does it really matter what type you use?

Cool man im watching a few 72 packs of Derwent pencils on ebay. I think maybe artist pencils would be better because i dont think ill be painting.

I have the 100 piece Faber Castell pencils set. Love it to bits :love

6Back56.jpg

Mark McH,

I've been looking at cards like these on eBay...These (2) are freakin badass! I like them the best overall. If I could get them...that would be sweet!!
Your work :rock out!

Thanks DarkDays! These were 2 of my 6 cards I get as partial payment from topps. So they will (probably) be available at some point in time.

Pencils....personal preference. You'll have to experiment. Some like the 'mechanical pencil' because it's thin and you don't have to sharpen it. Lots of artists use the 'lead holder' that holds thick pieces of lead and has a sharpener attached. I prefer the old wooden pencil. I like to use the sides to draw with as well as the tip.
As far as your lead softness/hardness: again personal preference and (sometimes) humidity. Usually the more humid your climate is the softer you want your lead. I use and HB almost all the time. Sometimes a 2B for rough, expressive layouts.
Hope this helps...I'll send you a $bill for the lesson.:lol:lol

I love your work and style! :chew

Have you ever done any horror pictures - Pinhead, Jason, Freddy, etc?

I'd love to see what you could do with those!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Those Indiana Jones sketch cards are just amazing Mark. I always love seeing what you are up to and always amazed at the beauty of each piece you do. :duff

Back