McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally decided to start collecting this line. Had a custom 6" inch comic winter look Rick finished and custom Sheriff Rick on the way. Was planning on making customs of everyone but this is the cheaper option... just wish these were the 6-7" normal figure scale. 5" is just an odd choice. Very happy I can find everyone of these with ease on BBTS. Michonnes pets will just be bought off of ebay. Very interesting though to see how cheap some of the figures on ebay are. This lime must be doing good if it is up to series 8-9..... just do not understand the low prices....

Was is already common knowledge where the exclusives were going to be for Series 7?

According to McFarlane's Site:
Hershel - Target
Rick - Walgreens

Yeah those 2 are the Walgreen exclusive and don't forget the series 7.5 figures, Blue shirt Rick and Flu Infected walker.

Series 7 is also available to order from Gamestop.com for $14.99 each plus I think free shipping after a certain amount.

Loving the new Michonne and Carl, but I think I'm keeping the Series 3 Michonne head on the new figure.
"Those who arrive survive"
0B94DF92-E3C9-4C47-8541-529F1DB73692_zpszjqs7rgt.jpg

Some pictures of Carl and Michonne:
39BDFAB4-5C4E-4E5A-BD99-B4B7E843FA8E_zpsskd1bjsn.jpg

New Michonne is a bit smaller:
DA41FCDE-60DD-4C3D-A144-C853DA049107_zpslp8jyor9.jpg

If you aren't a fan of the new sculpt, the heads are interchangeable:
F0EEB563-A987-4FEE-A2DC-DF114791369B_zpsqohkmqon.jpg

Thankfully, Carl is much taller this time around:
A9684189-A4AE-47D0-8761-F5D8B8BE26F3_zpscawo4poe.jpg

With S6 Rick:
C3EE79C5-DF86-4C92-9A21-D13B9492D2E8_zpsftgx3ztn.jpg

The quality is a lot better this time around, and Carl's face was actually almost perfectly painted, but I did have some trouble with Michonne's leg (the peg and peg hole had too much plastic, so I thought the peg was gonna snap off) even if it was an easy fix I think it's worth noting.

Is it just me or did McFarlane plan on making Glenn, Maggie, Daryl, and Rick in their prison infiltry outfits to remake that stance/pose?

If you're talking about the scene from "Seed" (which I just call the "melee circle") then I think Glenn and Maggie definitely were. Rick and Daryl on the other hand, maybe not. Rick has more of a Season 4 look, just with the Seed accessories, and Daryl also has a Season 4 look, so he has longer hair, no quiver and the Stryker instead of the Horton crossbow. Either way, I'm still waiting for T-Dog to have that set up since that was one of the show's cooler scenes in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving the new Michonne and Carl, but I think I'm keeping the Series 3 Michonne head on the new figure.
"Those who arrive survive"
0B94DF92-E3C9-4C47-8541-529F1DB73692_zpszjqs7rgt.jpg

Some pictures of Carl and Michonne:
39BDFAB4-5C4E-4E5A-BD99-B4B7E843FA8E_zpsskd1bjsn.jpg

New Michonne is a bit smaller:
DA41FCDE-60DD-4C3D-A144-C853DA049107_zpslp8jyor9.jpg

If you aren't a fan of the new sculpt, the heads are interchangeable:
F0EEB563-A987-4FEE-A2DC-DF114791369B_zpsqohkmqon.jpg

Thankfully, Carl is much taller this time around:
A9684189-A4AE-47D0-8761-F5D8B8BE26F3_zpscawo4poe.jpg

With S6 Rick:
C3EE79C5-DF86-4C92-9A21-D13B9492D2E8_zpsftgx3ztn.jpg

The quality is a lot better this time around, and Carl's face was actually almost perfectly painted, but I did have some trouble with Michonne's leg (the peg and peg hole had too much plastic, so I thought the peg was gonna snap off) even if it was an easy fix I think it's worth noting.

Where did you find those?

Pudding must be popular because I was able to order him online a few days ago. I'd have him and the rest of the wave right now if UPS would deliver on the weekends. Gotta wait until Monday now. Bah!

I guess it was kind of hard to find, and maybe it's because it was the first ever series? What's funny to me is that it's a terrible figure, and it's so expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what does that mean?

Short packed means that less of a particular figure is included in a case. For example, if the case contained 12 figures and there are 4 figures in the wave, it could have been 3 Deer walkers, 3 Tank walkers, 4 Ricks, and 2 Daryls. So short packed figures are rarer because less of them are made. I'm not sure that's true with Daryl. I think it might have been an even case breakdown, but he was the only Daryl figure for years and as Daryl's popularity on the show grew, so did the demand for his figure. Its artificially inflated now because you can get the same figure (sans squirrels) in the Dixon Brothers 2 pack. There is no reason to pay the absorbent prices for him if you're going to open him. Its really just for MOC collectors at this point IMO. You might even be able to find the squirrels loose on ebay like I did.

I'm really hoping McFarlane makes a comic version of All Out War Rick, and clean shaven comic Alexandria Rick. We definitely need an updated Michonne at that. It'd be cool to have a Douglas also.

Back