McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My series 4 Carl, both Riot Gear Walkers, series 5 Glenn and Tyreese came. Got really paintjobs on all of them.

I was able to find two more Riot Gear Walkers for $21 shipped. I got a spare Tyreese, Governor, and Charred Walker for $17 on facebook.

The only ones left that I want are:
RV Walker (Flashback)
Bicycle Girl (Series 2)
Well Walker (Series 2)
Merle (Series 3)
Andrea (Series 4)
The Governor (Series 6)

Kind of want but only if I can get cheap:
Bungee Walker (Series 6)

i have an opened andrea if you want her. shes free, just pay shipping. she dosent come with her rifle cause it broke, but she has her hand gun and pitch fork if you want her.

i have an opened andrea if you want her. shes free, just pay shipping. she dosent come with her rifle cause it broke, but she has her hand gun and pitch fork if you want her.

Pm sent.

I ended up finding a another Gas Mask Riot Gear zombie for $5 plus shipping. I'm gonna mix some parts of some of them when they arrive.

Update. Noticed they won't ship clementine until the 12th due to delay at the LA port. saw this info on the skybound website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418352143.465249.jpg Got a few more.. Haha. Plan on making a season 5 Rick with the Jacket, the other two im not sure yet.

Got my 2 regular Riot Gear Walkers (Have 3 now), just waiting on my 2nd Gas Mask Riot Gear Zombie. Stopping at 5 total for now, I may get more next year. Gonna swap some of their heads and arms to make them different. Didn't realize the heads were different from the regular figures where the neck is part of the headsculpt. Not sure how I'll swap a Glenn's head on one now.

Went to Walgreens again, 7 straight days and nothing yet. The employees are starting to look at me weird. :lol

I considered getting into this line at the outset, but the initial Rick and Daryl were so horrific looking that I passed. I've reconsidered. I found Merle and Michonne's walkers several months ago, and was impressed enough that I bought them on the spot. But I largely forgot about the line after that. Followed this thread a little over the last week or so, and dove back into the line this evening.

Went to a couple of Walgreens today. Found some of the older series with good paintjobs -- the first Governor, Glenn, Maggie, Andrea, and a re-release of Michonne. Maggie's a little wall-eyed, but not horrible. Glenn's beat-to-hell head is better than the clean one, so I swapped it out. Also swapped out the eyepatched for the non-eyepatched Governor head. Only ones I passed on at Walgreens were Tyreese and a re-release of the RV walker.

I think I've got an alright jumpstart on the line now. Any I should go back and look for? I clearly ought to find a Rick and Daryl of some kind. The first series Daryl looked pathetic. Rick, if I recall, wasn't as appalling. Are the later Rick's better? Or the comic ones? Is it worth looking for all the Rick releases?

I'm more into the characters than the walkers, though I might consider a couple of the less-gory iconic zombies (I've got small kids around the house, so don't need action figures with entrails hanging out). I haven't read any of the comics, but am considering getting a couple of the comic Ricks. I'd like a Shane, but the one they released was pretty piss poor -- hopefully they'll do a better one ... or a zombie one.

Best I can tell, the ones I'm most interested in are the three Ricks, the newest Daryl without the bike, Carl, zombie Merle, maybe RV walker or bicycle girl, and the newest series (minus the hanging walker). Maybe a couple of comic Ricks on top of that. Anything else worth looking at? Any of those so bad they're not worth looking for?

SnakeDoc

I bought the prison build a set yesterday. Took me forever to build it and my fingers were killing me after but it looks amazing set up. Really like how it turned out. Almost gave up trying to find it. They were in the Lego area.

I would just get the Series 6 Rick, he is by far the best looking of the Rick releases.

I am totally like you were, i wanted to buy the figures when they first came out and I thought both Rick and Daryl looked horrible, I couldn't justify paying 16.99 for them at Toys R Us when they came out. Not sure if you are aware, especially since you bailed on them after the 1st series but that 1st series Daryl is going for over a $100 on the after market believe it of not. Kind of wished I picked it up the numerous times I saw it on the pegs LOL.

I considered getting into this line at the outset, but the initial Rick and Daryl were so horrific looking that I passed. I've reconsidered. I found Merle and Michonne's walkers several months ago, and was impressed enough that I bought them on the spot. But I largely forgot about the line after that. Followed this thread a little over the last week or so, and dove back into the line this evening.

Went to a couple of Walgreens today. Found some of the older series with good paintjobs -- the first Governor, Glenn, Maggie, Andrea, and a re-release of Michonne. Maggie's a little wall-eyed, but not horrible. Glenn's beat-to-hell head is better than the clean one, so I swapped it out. Also swapped out the eyepatched for the non-eyepatched Governor head. Only ones I passed on at Walgreens were Tyreese and a re-release of the RV walker.

I think I've got an alright jumpstart on the line now. Any I should go back and look for? I clearly ought to find a Rick and Daryl of some kind. The first series Daryl looked pathetic. Rick, if I recall, wasn't as appalling. Are the later Rick's better? Or the comic ones? Is it worth looking for all the Rick releases?

I'm more into the characters than the walkers, though I might consider a couple of the less-gory iconic zombies (I've got small kids around the house, so don't need action figures with entrails hanging out). I haven't read any of the comics, but am considering getting a couple of the comic Ricks. I'd like a Shane, but the one they released was pretty piss poor -- hopefully they'll do a better one ... or a zombie one.

Best I can tell, the ones I'm most interested in are the three Ricks, the newest Daryl without the bike, Carl, zombie Merle, maybe RV walker or bicycle girl, and the newest series (minus the hanging walker). Maybe a couple of comic Ricks on top of that. Anything else worth looking at? Any of those so bad they're not worth looking for?

SnakeDoc

I bought the prison build a set yesterday. Took me forever to build it and my fingers were killing me after but it looks amazing set up. Really like how it turned out. Almost gave up trying to find it. They were in the Lego area.

Just put mine together tonight, and I completely agree. Sore fingers. They haven't quite mastered the pieces fitting into each other effortlessly yet like Lego. My final top roof piece on the tower doesn't quite want to fit on right despite everything seemingly lining up. And they picked some odd pieces to give extras of. One of the huge tower wall sections, but not any of those tiny, fragile guard rail posts? I managed to snap 2 of the three little pegs on one of them just getting it in place on the tower. The middle sections (not the corners) not having pegs to plug into was a huge mistake IMO. The fit is so tight they want to warp one way or the other in the middle. Luckily because that fit is so tight, those snapped pegs weren't an issue and the bars stay in place. But other than that, it went together pretty well.

I just wish we had more figures now. Even with doubles of most of the zombies, the prison gate doesn't feel overcrowded yet. And there are only a handful of humans to fight them off too. Hopefully the next wave of figures isn't too far behind. They should definitely have at least one series of figures and a multipack in between waves of new sets just to keep things growing.

Having finished the set, I can see why they'd never give us a prison set for the 5" figures. The Tower is pretty huge for this scale already. A 5" scaled tower would be about 3 feet tall. No way could they price that reasonably without making the set hallow, cheaply made, and unsteady. I really just view these building sets as small, customizable dioramas. The building aspect is just the way to get them in a smaller box :lol And I think that's the idea Todd was going for on these. I know a lot of people were like "WTF" when these were first revealed. Yeah, they don't have the universal building appeal of Lego. These are meant to be dioramas with some slight customization potential. And I think once you get over the idea these are "Lego" type toys and are more civil war type diorama miniatures, they are much more appealing. In the end, the building sets will likely be the more impressive looking displays even if the 5" figures are better made toys. You just don't get the impact the dioramas achieve.

And I really can't wait for them to tackle the Governor's tank. That will be an awesome set. Include a kneeling Michonne and Herschel. Governor with Michonne's sword and the tank driver and it could be an awesome set. I have to say only getting 2 and 1/2 figures with the large prison set is disappointing. Lego at least gives you more figures with bigger sets. There should have been at least 1 more human and a couple more walkers in this set. Hopefully future sets will have more figures included - especially when they are scene specific pose to a specific set like the ones I mentioned for the tank.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with the top of the roof and the guard rail only broke one. I only have like 4 zombies on mine so it looks sad compared to all the pic Todd has been posting, would love to have another set to put with it but I don't think I have room, the gates are kind of long. Toys r us still the 30% off so might go pick up some more blind bag figures even though I hate the idea of not seeing what I am buying.

Ditto for me on the Prison Tower roof as well.

I had the same problem with the top of the roof and the guard rail only broke one. I only have like 4 zombies on mine so it looks sad compared to all the pic Todd has been posting, would love to have another set to put with it but I don't think I have room, the gates are kind of long. Toys r us still the 30% off so might go pick up some more blind bag figures even though I hate the idea of not seeing what I am buying.

That's nice. Is that the series 2 torso and upper arms and the rest of series 6 Rick?

I got my 2nd Gas Mask Riot Gear Zombie and Andrea (got them for $19.50 shipped, $5 each plus $9.50 shipping).

Andrea looks good, she seems to suffer from that smaller female syndrome like Maggie. I'm glad Carol isn't as small. Andrea has pretty good weapons except that pitchfork which seems to big.

2nd Gas Mask RG Zombie is good, swapped his head onto the regular release. 1st one is one the original body but with the face off and the Riot Gear Helmet on. I'll take a picture in a bit.

Also got my Flashback Daryl who happened to come from a Target release. He's painted much nicer in the face than the Chopper one, I glued the Chopper Daryl's broken hip. He's looking a little to the left but it's not too bad.

I traded in my extra Hershel for a Bungee Walker since I couldn't get a full refund back. The headsculpt is good but the paint is lacking. I did stick on the extra removable gas mask from Gas Mask RG Zombie. He looks much better now.

The Governor, Charred Walker, and extra Tyreese I got for $17 on facebook came. The seller borrowed some baggies and a envelope from a neighbor that smokes so the figures and accessories came smelly like a cigarette home. I dunked Tyreese and Charred Walker in cups of hot warm with some hand sanitizer and disassembled them. Tyreese is currently apart but he doesn't smell anymore. Charred walker is almost there but is now assembled. I removed his torned shirt, he looks better with it off. Governor stinks bad so I'll dunk him later.

Thanks, man. It's the series 2 torso, upper arms and legs. I would have used the series 6 legs but they look kind of short compared with the arms.

Back