McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that must've came out to quite a bit of cash. If you don't mind me asking, who are you planning to make.

I think it was only around $140 for all of those figures, which isn't bad considering when I bought the first 5 before the sale in store it was $85 for them after tax.

I plan on having a Rick with and without bandaged hands for starters. I'll probably attempt to swap over the comic rick torso with this Rick's head forearms and legs to get a current grey t-shirt Rick. And then I'll probably attempt a few different colored prison shirts for Rick (which if I was McFarlane, I'd release a couple of those Ricks as Flashback or exclusive variants to milk this sculpt for all its worth).

I plan on Having a Herschel with each leg option and then have an extra to swap out parts with the upcoming flashback one that only comes with the bandana head, but with the pants covering the prosthetic leg. And I'll probably grab a few of those too when they come out and have a headless Herschel.

For Carol I'll attempt a Terminus version.

And I just tend to grab an extra zombie if they aren't too specific to use parts from either in the fish tanks or part swapping (so no Well walkers, charred zombies, etc).

I don't dabble much with customizing in 1:6 because of the cost of the figures and because of my lack of skills, so playing around with $10 is more my level at the moment.

Good ol One Eye Bry (The Governor) is out at Walgreens. I grabbed the only one they had. It looks like he came with the other rerelease figures, because the only other figures they had were Michonne. I think he turned out pretty good here are a few pics.

Other than his eyebrow starting in the middle of his face on the patch head, he looks great. I'll be hitting up Walgreens now. Thanks for the heads up :D

I'll probably be grabbing far too many of him too :lol

Those all sounds like pretty fun ideas.

I plan to check Walgreens tomorrow morning for Governor.

I'm bidding on a series 4 set, but if I lose I'll just buy one for $59.99 shipped.

I bought a few cheap figures (Merle/Tyreese/Governor) so I can have a old customizer who I use to buy customs before can make me some. I'm getting a Dale and T-Dog. Sent my spare Abraham to getting modified into his black t-shirt. Gonna have my Rick, Carol, and Maggie heads repainted.

I have had series 6 preordered on BBTS since June and the price/lineup includes the governor. I emailed them several days ago asking if he was actually included and if not, if the price will be lower with 5 figures instead of 6, but I have yet to hear back.

They will probably lower the price before or when they get their cases/sets in.

No Governor at my walgreens and it's the only one that I go to that's near by.

Hey, if anyone is having trouble finding wave 6 at Gamestop, they have a pretty nifty app that is extremely accurate as to what stores have which figures and you can even have them hold them via the app! I managed to get all of them today between three different stores using it.

Hey, if anyone is having trouble finding wave 6 at Gamestop, they have a pretty nifty app that is extremely accurate as to what stores have which figures and you can even have them hold them via the app! I managed to get all of them today between three different stores using it.
Good to know! Thanks!!

Just got my Daryl and Chopper set. My Daryl broke at the hip, it was fused to the pelvis piece. Seller doesn't have anymore, and I rather not pay to ship it back and lose out on the shipping fee.

Has anyone fixed a broken hip on any of the TWD figures? Is it possible to boil and pop these the legs and pull the broken peg out and re-secure it.

If not, I may glue him in a sitting pose for his chopper and have to track down a walgreens Daryl to have posed with the crossbow.

Just got my Daryl and Chopper set. My Daryl broke at the hip, it was fused to the pelvis piece. Seller doesn't have anymore, and I rather not pay to ship it back and lose out on the shipping fee.

Has anyone fixed a broken hip on any of the TWD figures? Is it possible to boil and pop these the legs and pull the broken peg out and re-secure it.

If not, I may glue him in a sitting pose for his chopper and have to track down a walgreens Daryl to have posed with the crossbow.

You should just get one of the Walgreens flashback daryls

My Black Friday Rick finally came in and I must say I'm really happy with the face paint ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417824625.615959.jpg

Oh wow thanks for that tip. Just downloaded the app and found all of wave 6 at a Gamestop north of me. If I use the hold feature on the app is there a guarantee they will hold them?

Tap'd from my LG G3

Back