McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT v1 figures tank in value when a second version comes along. Maybe 30 years from now the first wave might be worth a bit, but in just a couple of years they won't be after v2 and v3s of Rick and Daryl start popping up.

I have the original Series 1 Rick Grimes.

How much would he go for these days?

Bri

I have the original Series 1 Rick Grimes.

How much would he go for these days?

Bri

As I said I was out bid on Rick, I think he was going for 150?

edit:147.00 :lol

erwqoh.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno bout that people like to keep the first runs of things. Aren't first series star wars figures worth more than the others (im just using that as an example).

Star Wars figures aren't worth ****.

I'm offloading them in lots of 6 on eBay right now, and only get $2-$5 per lot.

Just finished the first series of TWD figures.

Gonna get some cases and lock these up.

I guess that does look pretty good

Yep. Much better sculpt snd paint apps that series 1. I am trying to trsck doen a Meryl right now. Buy two and paint up a zombie version with custom base!:cool:

Bri

Yeah, I have a couple Merles. I bought the paint to customize one and keep the other original, but turns out it's the wrong type of paint. :/

Yep. Much better sculpt snd paint apps that series 1. I am trying to trsck doen a Meryl right now. Buy two and paint up a zombie version with custom base!:cool:

Bri

Wait for the 2 pack! He's in the outfit you'll need him in for the zombie version. Just much less work getting the correct outfit that way.

I'm kind if new to the action figure collecting hobby, would anyone be able to suggest a plastic case that would fit this size packaging and help preserve the integrity of the original packaging?

How do they 3D scan the zombies? :duh

Saw it on The Talking Dead or You Tube (can't remember) Sometimes they take the scanner to the set and scan the actors in zombie makeup, sometimes they scan the sculpt that the makeup is based off of because the featured zombies are designed and have sculpts done of them. The extra zombies get bits and pieces glued on from a box of gory bits in the makeup trailer.

Anyone who has a Daryl out of package and wants to dress him up, shoot me a pm. Made some Ponchos for the 5" McF figures.
Will also work for anyone getting the 2 pack to dress up that Daryl.

They are on a nice light fabric that can be wetted and ironed to hold any look you want for the poncho. Just took some quick pics with the first one I made without any real futzing. Plus I don't have a McF Daryl and that figure's shoulders are pretty wide which are holding the poncho out to the side a bit.

Just had these in i love these little Funko Pop! vinyl figures.I also think we need a Walking Dead thread as there is so much coming out now.

Just had these in i love these little Funko Pop! vinyl figures.I also think we need a Walking Dead thread as there is so much coming out now.

They are AWESOME! You don't know how close I've come to start a collection of those Walking Dead, GoT, the horror icon series, and a handful of other ones. I just don't have the room!! :gah:

I only have the Daryl from the Walking Dead series, but I have a bunch from the other series like Horror Icons, KISS, Adventure Time, Disney, Batman and the Avengers.

Back