McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone picked up the comic version series 2? They are already out at GameStop. But they raised the price to $15 each

*Gets back from Gamestop*

Success! Got them all except Glen, who was mysteriously absent. Oh well, he is my least wanted anyway. Might stop by another one later or just wait and maybe see him for a decent price at SDCC (and hopefully that Gov too!). I was able to get 2 of the Pets though so I can have Mike and Terry :rock

I don't see a "Skybound" listed on the exhibitors on SDCC's site though. :confused: What booth is the Gov really available at? :lol

The Governor and Glen is the main ones I wanted but I will get a set. I was surprised how much accessories Penny has, gotta get the pets too. I'm keeping my sets MOC, when I saw the sets there was a kid playing with all of them and smashing them. At this point they shouldn't be a problem finding anyways.

Got only these 3 because Riot Gear Glen had a bad paint job and the only one left
null_zps52b1c782.jpg

null_zps433d375d.jpg

null_zps88833031.jpg

He would have made a great Governor had they gone more with the comic version. He's always who I pictured the Gov as.
The Governor seems to remind people of Danny Trejo, but I just don't see it. I never thought that the Gov was Mexican, and he also looks significantly younger than Trejo. He doesn't have a stocky build like Trejo, and I think that Trejo's voice would be completely wrong for the character.

If I had to picture any actor as the Gov, I'd picture a younger Michael Wincott. Here's a clip of him from The Crow (Wincott is the character with the really long hair, and the sword on his back, for those who don't know): [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQp7gtX4w0U[/ame]

Now, THAT looks a lot more like the Gov (in terms of facial features and build). He also has a great voice that would suit the Gov perfectly.

Just my opinion. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I could see him too.

But in the Rise of the Governor novel, they do mention he is Hispanic. So I think between that, the stache, and long hair, Trejo is the first people think of to fit that role.

Just as random info, the Governor's Father is Edward Blake, which ironically is also the name of the Comedian from Watchmen. Can't be unintentional, right?

And a major spoiler/twist from that same novel

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, I could see him too.

But in the Rise of the Governor novel, they do mention he is Hispanic. So I think between that, the stache, and long hair, Trejo is the first people think of to fit that role.

Just as random info, the Governor's Father is Edward Blake, which ironically is also the name of the Comedian from Watchmen. Can't be unintentional, right?

And a major spoiler/twist from that same novel

Spoiler Spoiler:
Honestly, the novels aren't canon in my mind. The backstory given to the Governor in the novels, which you put in spoiler tags above, sounds absolutely horrid. Still, according to the novels, the Governor is supposedly Irish and Hispanic. He looks like more of a white guy to me.

On another note, I just bought the new Governor action figure and opened him up. I'm still not a fan of the scale, and his legs are somewhat awkward below the knees. The articulation is improved over the first series, although his head comes out of the socket easily. It's okay overall. But, I think that these figures are better left kept in the box, especially considering all the tiny accessories.

Last edited:
The Governor has blood around his collar. It was supposed to be a sweat stain. :slap

Picked up Glenn at a different Gamestop today. I have to admit, I'm very impressed by him. He was the figure I was least looking forward to, but he's probably the best figure in the wave. Great articulation that is well hidden and nice accessories. Looking forward to the SDCC Gov even more now!

I would have loved to have seen Michael Ironside as The Governor around the time of Highlander 2 he would have been perfect.

The Governor seems to remind people of Danny Trejo, but I just don't see it. I never thought that the Gov was Mexican, and he also looks significantly younger than Trejo. He doesn't have a stocky build like Trejo, and I think that Trejo's voice would be completely wrong for the character.

If I had to picture any actor as the Gov, I'd picture a younger Michael Wincott. Here's a clip of him from The Crow (Wincott is the character with the really long hair, and the sword on his back, for those who don't know): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQp7gtX4w0U

Now, THAT looks a lot more like the Gov (in terms of facial features and build). He also has a great voice that would suit the Gov perfectly.

Just my opinion. :)

That's funny, I thought the exact same thing.

Just picked up the walking dead series 2 comic book set at gamestop. Very nice set, Great paint app (at least on my figures). The wife is very happy....Since they are for her own collection LOL

Back