McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah well, I've never seen a McF figure to look like that....so....not quite sure what you're saying here. If you mean Marvel Legends or something then yeah, sure....

:rotfl

It's a custom someone made. Thought it was funny looking. Don't read into it!

I let high end and low end stuff coexist. They are just different beasts. You get quantity with the low end and quality with the high end. This is a good low end line. We can get lots of characters and zombies without dropping several hundred if not thousands on the line. Rick is about the only figure that a high end line could support. Sideshow just needs to go back and make more Dead figures to support some of these zombie killer figures.

completely agree. i dig my 1/6 stuff and statues but i'm still an action figure nerd at heart. an army of different mcf zombies....yes please. that being said, i'd by a hot toys or sideshow rick in a second.

Well, if these don't do well, nobody will. So support the show and buy all of these figures, even if you don't want them. Or else we'll never see high end stuff :lecture

McFarlane has the 2-ups at their booth. I only caught a glimpse. They're unpainted, Michonne comes with a power drill.

I doubt McFailing toys is relevant enough for any respectable collectible manufacturer to pay attention to. Sure they used to be innovative and trend setting, but now they're just a sad shell of a company compared to what they used to be. I honestly believe no one is going to take them seriously anymore unless they do something innovative or spectacular again. 6" Walmart toys probably aren't going to put them back in the game again. And I can't see anything positive for the Walking Dead franchise coming from this either. I'll hold out for someone to release 1/4 scale statues. If no one does, then I'll just have to do without.

And dont think i'm saying that Sideshow is on par with McF or NECA....just to clarify. I'm just saying there was a point where both companies did co exist....and then Sideshow kick their asses in every way possible.

Personally I skip Sideshow stuff. As a collector of action figures if I'm getting high end poseable figures I want the very best high end poseable figures and thats Hot Toys. Likewise at the low end, I want the best - used to be McFarlane, now its NECA.

Some move onto high-end and never touch low-end ever again, not so in my case. And to be honest up at the high end anything less than the best is kinda redundant IMO...ruling out Sideshow figures for me. Thus I would sooner buy a NECA figure than a Sideshow. Controversial? JMO.

NECA is making busts from the Walking Dead so there is a second licensor there. Hopefully that list just keeps getting bigger :D

I think waiting for Hot Toys to do Walking Dead is a huge longshot. If the stars had aligned, the show would have come out during Sideshow's The Dead triumph we would have gotten 1:6 figures there. At this point McFarlane and NECA might be our best options other than customs.

Oh, I don't expect HT to make them, but perhaps Sidsehow. Sure Shaun and Ed didn't turn out to be real winners for them, but I'd think Rick would do better since at least people could part him out and have some nice cop gear. Shaun and Ed weren't exactly good for that.

Come to think of it, besides Prison Break, has HT ever made a TV show figure?

Don't think so...but a HT Rick Grimes would be great. I have still only seen one or two pics of the McFarlane comic Rick...one pic looks like Michael Jackson, one looks like the comic, sort of...I don't see how something can be messed up when you have reference from all possible angles drawn out for you in detail. Volume 1 has numerous angles of Rick's profile, and I hope they get it right.

I doubt McFailing toys is relevant enough for any respectable collectible manufacturer to pay attention to. Sure they used to be innovative and trend setting, but now they're just a sad shell of a company compared to what they used to be. I honestly believe no one is going to take them seriously anymore unless they do something innovative or spectacular again. 6" Walmart toys probably aren't going to put them back in the game again. And I can't see anything positive for the Walking Dead franchise coming from this either. I'll hold out for someone to release 1/4 scale statues. If no one does, then I'll just have to do without.

I disagree. While I don't think they believe McFarlane is detrimental to a license, I do think they toy with the idea of a license and in roundtable discussions ask, "Well, has anybody pecked at the license yet?" Then it's a "wait and see" sorta thing to judge how well demand is for a given license. And while McFarlane hasn't done anything to "wow" anybody in a decade, they should get creds for at least leading the pack and having the cajones to at least pick up the license and start the ball rolling. Don't think for a minute that if this ____ sells like gangbusters, the high-end won't jump on it like a virgin with gropey hands on a drunk and passed out hottie with big tits.

Last edited:
I'm tempted, but since having 4 out of 6 AVP figures break coming out of the package, I've lost all faith in McFarlane's quality control. Pass.

The pics of Grimes that were at Toyfair, looked pretty awesome. Im not one for regular "human" characters, but he looked pretty awesome.

Back