McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, if McF never existed, there would be no Sideshow, no NECA, and no Hot Toys....so i'm just saying, give respect, where respect is due.

Bull____.

No Neca prolly, but the others would be around. The big push in the 1/6 world for detail came from Dragon and 21st Century toys in the 90's.

Movie toys man. No one was making detailed movie toys before McF.

1:6 would still be heavy in the military stuff. Or maybe not. Who knows.

But regardless with Hot Toys, Sideshow wouldnt have existed without McF. Since they started with 6 inch stuff.

You're very right about that. I meant no disrespect. I'm just not a fan of %90 percent of his horror figures. :wink1:

This is a true statement however, they have done nothing and turned their backs on the fans that made them what they were, I'm willing to pick these up as long as they've gone back to Movie Maniacs scale and not that crap Halo size, last McFarlane product I picked up was Don Corleone and he looked awful worst paint than NECA.

The Movie Maniacs was imho McFarlane's best toy line. I love The Walking Dead but not sure I love it enough to pick up figures of the characters but I'll definately be keeping an eye out for these anyways.

just halo stuff and sports figures. i will be interested to see what these look like though.

Movie toys man. No one was making detailed movie toys before McF.

1:6 would still be heavy in the military stuff. Or maybe not. Who knows.

But regardless with Hot Toys, Sideshow wouldnt have existed without McF. Since they started with 6 inch stuff.

Sideshow started out with model kits and busts. McF may have icreased detail in small figures, but that is it. The mass toy market was headed that way anyway from Toybiz, Hasbro and Mattel and tons of independant makers.

Walking-Dead-Zombie-Lurker.jpg

walking-dead-toy_exclusive.jpg

You know, if McF never existed, there would be no Sideshow, no NECA, and no Hot Toys....so i'm just saying, give respect, where respect is due.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol No. Mezco and Neca, absolutely.

Bull____.

No Neca prolly, but the others would be around. The big push in the 1/6 world for detail came from Dragon and 21st Century toys in the 90's.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Yeah the zombies look ok, but not sure...there photos are always "jazzed" up. For a figure under $10 i'll probably pick up the zombies and just keep them at work or something. I think like Nam said earlier depending on how these sell, we might see other companies try adn get the license later to out do McFarlane.

On a positive note, I looks like maybe there doing a little better. I remember I had read the company had let go alot of there art department. So love them or hate McFarlane toys, I dont want to see them disappear totally.

Love the comic, love the show, but figures of generic zombies, a one handed cop, a tough as nails woman or redneck do zero for me. It's LOST figures all over again.

McF will find some way to screw this up, trust me, with poor paint apps, fragile joints, something. I'm happy they are finally going to do something besides (ugh) Halo or SP's, but I have no faith in them anymore.

Sideshow started out with model kits and busts. McF may have icreased detail in small figures, but that is it. .

That was a huge deal though. Hey, dispite my age, I DO remember when the Movie Maniacs stuff started to come out. Nothing was like them. Not one single toy line. They were the first to revamp the entire collecting hobby with Action Figures.

Are they doing anything like Sideshow, or Hot Toys now? No. No they arent. But they did change things.

Maybe I just wish people would get that the lower end stuff and the higher end stuff did co-exist for a small period of time...and then BOOM. Sideshow stepped up their game, and blew everyone away. Then Hot Toys...and all that.

I let high end and low end stuff coexist. They are just different beasts. You get quantity with the low end and quality with the high end. This is a good low end line. We can get lots of characters and zombies without dropping several hundred if not thousands on the line. Rick is about the only figure that a high end line could support. Sideshow just needs to go back and make more Dead figures to support some of these zombie killer figures.

And dont think i'm saying that Sideshow is on par with McF or NECA....just to clarify. I'm just saying there was a point where both companies did co exist....and then Sideshow kick their asses in every way possible.

Back