McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they are smart, the box set Morgan wouldn't come with the mask or all of the accessories of the single figure so people would have to buy both of them if they want everything.

uploadfromtaptalk1423959666190.jpg

If they are smart, the box set Morgan wouldn't come with the mask or all of the accessories of the single figure so people would have to buy both of them if they want everything.

That is true. The extras.
Then again they do that with the flashbacks as well which I hate. It's getting confusing to remember if I bought it or not. Plus somehow for some strange reasons now I want the upcoming 7.5 flashbacks. These seem to have more variety than the previous flashback michonne, flashback screwdriver in the head walker.

I did not buy the previous flashbacks including Shane either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the new flashbacks DO have more differences than previous ones. Daryl was just a straight repack of the bike set without the bike Shane was just a new Malibu Stacy situation. Michonne had the fishtank. And the RV walker was a straight repack too. Rick is just like Shane - he's got a new hat. Herschel is the real winner though. He's got the fully covered prosthetic leg, new head, and severed head with Michonne's sword. I'll be getting at least three of him to have a severed head version, a bandana version, and headswap to the series 6 version to have a 'normal' Herschel.

And personally, I'll be getting two Morgans regardless if they come with the same stuff or not. I'll want one masked and unmasked. So if they do come with the same stuff, one carded and one box set will do just fine.

Well, the new flashbacks DO have more differences than previous ones. Daryl was just a straight repack of the bike set without the bike Shane was just a new Malibu Stacy situation. Michonne had the fishtank. And the RV walker was a straight repack too. Rick is just like Shane - he's got a new hat. Herschel is the real winner though. He's got the fully covered prosthetic leg, new head, and severed head with Michonne's sword. I'll be getting at least three of him to have a severed head version, a bandana version, and headswap to the series 6 version to have a 'normal' Herschel.

And personally, I'll be getting two Morgans regardless if they come with the same stuff or not. I'll want one masked and unmasked. So if they do come with the same stuff, one carded and one box set will do just fine.

You have it all thought out! lol

Cool, I did get the latest Herschel and Rick as they were in a bundle deal I got, plus like you said, a better improvement as flashbacks. The previous rick flashback (or walgreens exclusive) never came out in HK. I will most likely get all three of the 7.5 as flu walker is new, the new shirt rick looks good and different for once and the daryl will go nicely with Herschel as well.

Todd's been posting some videos on his Facebook page showing off some of the new building sets. So far he's done the hospital scene and Dale's RV. Both look great but the RV looks especially nice. The level of detail looks pretty stunning. And even in the smaller scale the set looks pretty massive.

Todd's been posting some videos on his Facebook page showing off some of the new building sets. So far he's done the hospital scene and Dale's RV. Both look great but the RV looks especially nice. The level of detail looks pretty stunning. And even in the smaller scale the set looks pretty massive.

Yeah I would love these to be easily available worldwide, especially in HK. The first series still arent out over here yet. I had to get those imported. Im still missing the prison tower and gate set as thats the biggest box in that series and I hope to get it locally here. Plus I want to purchase those blind bags over here too...cheaply.

Yeah I would love these to be easily available worldwide, especially in HK. The first series still arent out over here yet. I had to get those imported. Im still missing the prison tower and gate set as thats the biggest box in that series and I hope to get it locally here. Plus I want to purchase those blind bags over here too...cheaply.

Hopefully now that TRU doesn't have the exclusive rights it'll make it easier for you. And from what they've said the sets sold well so I'm sure they'll be producing more of the upcoming sets. Are you able to buy the normal Mcfarlane figures locally?

Hopefully now that TRU doesn't have the exclusive rights it'll make it easier for you. And from what they've said the sets sold well so I'm sure they'll be producing more of the upcoming sets. Are you able to buy the normal Mcfarlane figures locally?

I would hope so too with these building sets. Its a very neat idea!
As for the TV and Comic figures, a few retailers stock them in, but have to be quick to buy them as they dont stock that many, and most sold out within the week and never get replenish. It sucks, cos sometimes you get bad paint jobs and you cant do anything about it as there arent many to choose from. Happened a few times before and its tough luck. They cost more than what US pays for so I would expect better paint quality. Another downfall is we dont get those walgreens exclusives etc so its even harder to collect those. In fact we cant collect those at all. Lets just say walking dead merchandise is very limited over here.

Skybound exclsuives are another issue too, but I can accept that as most of us would have to buy them online from their store. So shipping costs cant be avoided on those.

I would hope so too with these building sets. Its a very neat idea!
As for the TV and Comic figures, a few retailers stock them in, but have to be quick to buy them as they dont stock that many, and most sold out within the week and never get replenish. It sucks, cos sometimes you get bad paint jobs and you cant do anything about it as there arent many to choose from. Happened a few times before and its tough luck. They cost more than what US pays for so I would expect better paint quality. Another downfall is we dont get those walgreens exclusives etc so its even harder to collect those. In fact we cant collect those at all. Lets just say walking dead merchandise is very limited over here.

Skybound exclsuives are another issue too, but I can accept that as most of us would have to buy them online from their store. So shipping costs cant be avoided on those.
Damn man that sucks. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you. Is the walking dead very popular in Asia?

Damn man that sucks. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you. Is the walking dead very popular in Asia?

Thanks buddy. I hope these continue to get better and become easily accessible and sell more worldwide. I dont think its popular where its talked about everyday. Just different culture. Its more japanese and korean shows and stuff like that that are spoken of over here.

Also, isn't Bob in the wrong outfit to have the removable leg? At least in the Tyreese episode a few weeks ago, he was wearing his army jacket Sasha is now wearing.

Wouldn't be surprised if accessories and outfits weren't final. Herschel and Glenn both ended up in different colored shirts by production and I don't imagine Rick won't be coming with his Python. So that and the Machete are both still very likely, hopefully.

Also, isn't Bob in the wrong outfit to have the removable leg? At least in the Tyreese episode a few weeks ago, he was wearing his army jacket Sasha is now wearing.

Wouldn't be surprised if accessories and outfits weren't final. Herschel and Glenn both ended up in different colored shirts by production and I don't imagine Rick won't be coming with his Python. So that and the Machete are both still very likely, hopefully.

I don't know, I think with Bob they took the easy way out and are probably doing his orange shirt which will most likely be a repaint of Glenn's. The leg is probably just supposed to be a "bonus", not an accurate accessory.

With Rick, I don't see us not getting the machete. Either it just wasn't listed, it's coming with Bob(the second of his dual machetes), or it's coming with another Rick like a future t-shirt Rick. It's too iconic for us not to get. I think the Python is the pistol, as the scan from Toy Fair shows him holding it.

I wish Eugenes riot armor was removable but I can live with it. Definitely getting two of the Morgan 2 packs since they have the same accessories

Last edited:
Back