McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the clean version photo, she has blood stains on her cap. Should that be there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it does, I can't recall but the Hat was a Big Symbol in the game, Like Carl Sheriff hat in the show. It looks like Clementine from Season 2 so the Hat should be bloody and Dirty.

I got the Build a Sets today at TRU. Called them a little after they opened at 10am. The guy said he just put them out. I asked if there were a lot and he said yes so I said I'd be there in an hour (I had to work). I got there a few minutes after 11am. They were not with the legos or any of the other Build a Sets, they were in the action figure aisle. They had 3 left of the Governor Room sets, around 4 or 5 of the Daryl Chopper sets and around 5 or 6 of the 5 figure sets. They also had a good amount of blind bags. I got one of each set, no blind bags for me (I don't like to get stuck with doubles). When I was in the aisle a worker went and grabbed a Gov set, so that left 1. As I was checking out someone shopping saw that I had the Gov set and asked where I found it, then another person asked me the same thing. I let them know there is only 1 lefr of the Gov sent and they both bolted to the aisle. IO have no idea if TRU had more in the back or what but I know all of those will be gone soon, if not already. I got lucky.

The Daryl Chopper set was a ROYAL P.I.T.A. to put together. The sets are so small so it's not easy with adult hands in the first place and I have small hands. The foliage... some went in the holes easy, so not so much. I had to trim some of the pets with a nail clipper to fit. And I didn't get enough of the small ones, I think they shorted me around 4 or 5. And the Chopper was a nightmare, especially putting the exhausts on. The long one was not that bad but the short one I just said F-it and left it off. You can't even see it anyway. And then getting Daryl's hands on the handle bar was a pain. My right handle broke off at the tip. Be careful it's very thin.

The Gov set was the opposite. Very easy, no problems at all. Only two gripes though, they game me an extra right side painted lid instead of a left side painted one and they gave me a no side painted lid instead of a left side painted tank, and Gov hair is missing some paint. I can always use a sharpie though if it gets on my nerves but really you can't even noticed it. Oh one other gripe I just remembered... the tanks have a light switch on each side towards the bottom. Well there's really no way to put the right side light on without pulling the whole thing off.

All in all the paint and sculpts are great. It's insane how much they look like their real life counterparts being so small and all. The only negative is no face paint with the human figures. Oh yeah and they are kinda pricey for being such a small scale.

Jay

Well, I'm glad the line seems to be selling well. Not thrilled to know that TRU doesn't know where to put them yet (action figure vs building set sections) and the QC issues are concerning too. Lego has that done to a science now. I've only ever had one misprinted error on figure ever.

Well, I'm glad the line seems to be selling well. Not thrilled to know that TRU doesn't know where to put them yet (action figure vs building set sections) and the QC issues are concerning too. Lego has that done to a science now. I've only ever had one misprinted error on figure ever.

They were in the Star Wars section at first in my TRU. LOL. I think part of it is they just aren't in the planogram. I imagine they'll be resetting soon. At my TRU the "adult collectible" section seems to have gotten obliterated or spread out everywhere, which is weird, in favor of having the Star Wars aisle. Not sure if that's long term or not.

Back