McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the reason carl didn't come with a holster and gun is because certain vendors probably weren't comfortable selling an action figure of a child with guns...just a guess though

Carl was planned to have his gun (as seen in the 3D model), but the Sandy Hook shooting happened. McFarlane said that they would pack it with a future figure. It's too bad they didn't keep the holster.

Here's the article.

Last edited:
i think the reason carl didn't come with a holster and gun is because certain vendors probably weren't comfortable selling an action figure of a child with guns...just a guess though

Well, Sandy Hook took place just a little bit before they showed off Carl for the first time. And it was immediately asked then why he didn't have his gun and holster and McFarlane's response was due to current events they didn't feel comfortable with it, but they promised another character would eventually come with his gun. We thought that meant in that same wave, but its obviously Tyreese now. Just wish they had at least given him his leg holster though.

I got inspired by NoodleChow and did the legs switch for Rick. Then I got carried a way. I didn't like the length on his arms and I did a mod that took a very long annoying time.

cc6eb298-40cc-4a6b-a18c-3b88352e7e68_zps1a4d4074.jpg

Was it a simple leg swap or did you have to have to mod the peg?

Was it a simple leg swap or did you have to have to mod the peg?

It's semi difficult, a lot of shaving down certain pieces. Basically you separate both Rick and the governer in half, shave a decent amount of Rick's shirt because it sits on an angle on the governors legs. I also had to completely shave off the peg on the governor so that I could glue it to the bottom of Rick's shirt.

oh dang, the waist peg from the Gov's lower half is actually compatible with Series 4 Rick's upper half so you can retain the waist swivel. Just needs to be dunked in hot water to pop into place.

Back