McFarlane to make "24" Statues... I mean "Figures"...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dekadentdave said:
Wait until you guys see Day 6! This will be the best season yet! You guys won't believe what happens. People are going to be talking about this.

Have you seen the leaked first episode?

No spoilers... I haven't yet!

I have high hopes for the DST 12"ers. McToys versions...I'll buy one of the Jack's that looks most like his iconic self.

Kief was just on Conan and told a story about a Bauer "doll" that he destroyed. He liked it, but got drunk and ended up setting it on fire. Supposedly it was a one of a kind prototype and it took an additional year to get the figure done again. He spoke of the clothes not burning, so this could be the Medicom, or perhaps the new DST?

I wonder if Daniel Craig has a similar story?

I think the head sculpt is quite nice and the whole display looks great. I am not into collecting 8" "statue" type figures, otherwise I might want it.

Darklord Dave said:
Kief was just on Conan and told a story about a Bauer "doll" that he destroyed. He liked it, but got drunk and ended up setting it on fire. Supposedly it was a one of a kind prototype and it took an additional year to get the figure done again. He spoke of the clothes not burning, so this could be the Medicom, or perhaps the new DST?

Yeah, I watched that last night.:lol It was a pretty damn funny story, and I'm betting it was Medicom since it very closely does represent a "doll" as he put it. I've also heard that story of him tackling the christmas tree a bunch of times, but I was so happy that I could actually see it.:lol :lol

Buttmunch said:
It is probably the angle but it make him look like he is squinting and then has Krycek's oil eyes. It just doesn't look right. McFarlane is one of the best (if not the best) at this scale. It will look like Jack/Kiefer. Anyone know what day this is from. I'm a 24 newbie so try to keep any spoilers related to the day it comes from as little as possible please. - 3 hours away from finishing season 1! :D Man I'm tired of Kim getting kidnapped every 3 hours. :monkey4

I just finished rewatching Day 4 on DVD, and the McFarlane dio looks like it's the same as the Medicom figure, Day 4, 11:00 a.m. up to the late afternoon, after which Jack begins wearing a jacket over that black outfit. What I didn't realize was that he had a black "Jack sack" during a one-man raid he carried out and it looked cool.

Darklord Dave said:

https://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=14&itemid=10691

Morgan the Raider said:
I disagree about the Medicoms being enough. Those are severely overpriced import items. I want a quality US product. Not sure if this is it, but I'll reserve judgment until it ships.

All I know is that I want a Jack Bauer doll/figure that is between $20-$50. This may be a statuesque toy, but it might look very cool displayed. The facial likeness actually looks decent. I think it loses something because of the downcast head and the angle the picture was taken from. Those are definitely Kiefer's eyes.

Some of McFarlane's products are nice. They may not be great for play value, but I don't plan to sit on the floor and have Jack interrogate my Rocky statue anytime soon.

well if this is 12", then you could use the head and it looks real fine to me from what i see

Shai Hulud said:

i just don't believe keifer's story about the prototype being the only figure of jack bauer in existence. the head was probably resin, so the original and a silicone mold would exist, and with the massive amount of 1/6th clothing on the market, jack's outfit could easily be kitbashed or made from scratch in a day.

it makes for a good story on conan, but i don't buy it.

i'm more likely to believe the company making this figure is about as competent as the company who got the rights to 12 inch alias figures and F'ed that up.

Back