Mcfarlane or NECA which do you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca. I think having a wide range of product licenses is key. There recent releases (TMNT, Castlevania, Beetlejuice) have managed to pick up key fan bases such as fans of video games and 80's nostalgia. I was a big fan of McFarlane until the Movie Maniacs line dried up.:confused:

Gas is high, prices for plastics are going up, you have to cut costs. Sometimes there'll be shoddy products.

NECA isnt deprived of issues either, you got the KRATOS leg thing, the Predalien's arm, more paint issues then McF ever had...ect.

NECA is good, but everyone bashing McF doesnt understand why they're doing what they're doing. They're not a swag crap company like NECA is, which is how they pay for their licenses.

My advice, buy what you want. This "OMG MCF IS TEH WORSTZ EVEAR" or "NECA IS TEH SUX" just needs to stop. NECA is doing the movie stuff now, so, why does McF need to continue that stuff? All they need to do is continue to make enough money so that in a few years we can get the cool stuff we wanted.

Oh and for the record, MCF listens to the fans all the time. Remember Candyman? That sold well....right? Zodiac line did awesome....correct?

So....

All toy companies have issues with their figures, it's not only the quality, is the service and the licenses they manage, seriously, who buys Spawn Pirates line??
Spawn is dead, McFarlane himself killed it after that dreadful P.O.S. movie...
Then those 3D wall posters just peg warm Hot Topic and Spencer's...
The NBA, NFL and MLB do the same at Toys R Us...
Not even those Simpsons or Hanna Barbera figures sell... Big Lots has tons of those in their shelves.

Movie/Horror lines were the core of McToys, THAT'S what made them a great company, not Spawn... McToys weren't willing to go the extra mile for the fans any more, so fans moved on, to Neca, Mezco, Sideshow, etc.
And McToys moved on to their military, sports and Spawn lines...

Their original lines like Dragons, Fatasy and Zodiac suck big time...sorry, I'd take the 4 Horsemen 7th Kingdom line over those any day of the week!!

I'm sure McToys still has a lot of "groupies" that's why they are still in business, but they've long lost the edge that make them great...

Well...you're wrong. Spawn does very well, LONG after the movie. Comics still sell, most of the toys still sell. No, MM was not the "core" of the company. It was a big part no doubt. But thank ^^^^ing NECA for making them quit the line.

Well...you're wrong. Spawn does very well, LONG after the movie. Comics still sell, most of the toys still sell. No, MM was not the "core" of the company. It was a big part no doubt. But thank ^^^^ing NECA for making them quit the line.

Wait a minute, is that Todd McFarlane in your avatar???
Nevermind...
:rolleyes:
:D

Yep. Why? Because theres too much baised hate here.

Biased hate? Nobody here hates McToys, they were great, but realistically Neca is doing better stuff, and Mezco too.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the only biased opinion here is yours... that's why I brought up your avatar.

If you still like their stuff that's great, but don't expect everybody to like it or support it.
If people moved on, there's a reason behind it, wether you want to see it or not, that's your choice!
I've said my piece... and I go in peace!
:peace

I'm sorry, but how exactly did NECA make them quit Movie Maniacs? If another company comes in with a similar product, then you step up the quality of your product to compete. It's not NECA's fault that McFarlane was not up to the task.

I still like McF. I'd get that new Robot series if it wasn't going to be tiny...

Neca makes some good stuff. Wish they'd done one more line of NBX before pulling the plug, but what can you do.

I like Sideshow too...

But obviously, Mezco is king...

I used to love the Horror stuff that MCF put out back in the day, but I have to say that NECA seems to have taken the torch that MCF lit and they took off running with it. I personally own one of the Freddy Vs Jason statue sets that NECA put out a few years ago (which had an edition size of 650) and it is one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

i choose none, even though Mcfarlane spawn figures for 2009 looks ^^^^ing badass!!!!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5 and yet they were not painted:monkey2 so i wonder if Mcfarlane is coming back with normal 6- 7 inch figures with good painting or midget lame painting crap? oh wait, one spawn series for 2009?! they suck!!! Also their video game figures suck!!:monkey4 why they cancel some good figures and start making halo and guitar hero?! they shouldve listen to the adult collectors not the ^^^^ing retailers!!

McF really were trendsetters... but it does feel like over time they've moved to safer and and less interesting fair.

Back