Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Black Getter looks pretty great. For some reason, I'm sensing (across the internet forums) that interest for this figure isn't too high though. Not sure why to be exact. I think the artistic interpretation / stylistic look turned some folks away?

I decided to get Black Getter after all. I have several things I'm trying to sell and I hope I'll be able to make up the money before my preorders come out next year. I know he is pricey, but he looks pretty amazing. I really like the design and look of Black Getter. I know the red accents on him aren't accurate, but I really like him with them. The added wires in the cape are a nice touch too. I can imagine there are some dynamic poses you can get this guy in with the 40 points of articulation it has. The only part I find unnecessary is the added pipe or handle bar, whatever you want to call it, on both of the legs. Obviously this figure is like Threezero's Mazinger in that they took some liberties to design it in their own vision of what they wanted it to look like, rather than staying 100% true to the original design. However, both of their Getter figures are more true to the original design than Mazinger was.

View attachment 217953

View attachment 217954

View attachment 217955

Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

sharing my GX-31V - Voltes V (40th anniversary edition) by bandai

IMG_20151103_152913.jpg

the box is made of thin carton, only the back side shows the toy and some of the package content, the front has a gold lettering and a "shadow-like" picture of the mecha

IMG_20151103_152452.jpg

you get two box, inside the styro it houses the vehicles and the tray plastic contains the accessories and weapon rack to be assembled

IMG_20151103_154621.jpg

to form the robot, a V-formation is done by the team to start the volt in sequence ( along with the theme song)

IMG_20151103_154710.jpg

crewzer one is piloted by steve armstrong , eldest of the armstrong siblings , it forms the head of voltes v

IMG_20151103_154814.jpg

bomber two is piloted by mark gordon, a texan rodeo champion and adept in using a whip , it forms the arms.

IMG_20151103_155439.jpg

panzer three is piloted by big bert, brother of steve and it forms the chest part

IMG_20151103_155125.jpg

frigate four is piloted by little john, youngest brother of steve and forms the legs

IMG_20151103_155212.jpg

lander five is piloted by Jamie Robinson daughter of military Gen. Robinson of the earth-defense force, it forms the feet

IMG_20151103_155255.jpg

not part of the voltes team, the mechanical eagle is an extra vehicle included, it is used by general watson
to aid the team when a new armor was made by the bozanians against the weapons of Voltes V and it carried
the energy generator that gave the robot extra power to generate the ultra electro magnetic ball in the cartoon
used to weakend the beastfighter armor

IMG_20151103_175233.jpg

this is the weapons rack, it resembles their camp - Camp Big Falcon and mostly holds all the accessories
like extra hands , bazooka, chain knuckles cannon etc.

IMG_20151103_175319.jpg

above the rack, the mechanical eagle can be placed along with the machine part that enhances voltes v energy capacity
also the sword, extra chest piece, finger missile and tops are stored here.

The difference between this version and the original gx-31 was the double jointed elbows, longer tank thread, no sliding hands, improved crotch joint holder and the paint job.

Attachments

• IMG_20151103_152913.jpg
    IMG_20151103_152913.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 174

That is awesome. I've always liked Voltes V.

DSC05581.jpg

the original GX 31 closely represents what you can see in the cartoon show, the Hands slides out from the forearm of bomber 2
and the panzer 5 has short tank thread connectors that flips backwards and becomes a backpack

the 40th anniversary GX 31v doesnt have the sliding hands, you have to connect the hands because its is separated
and the tracks arm are longer to enable the whole robot to be bent down and become a huge tank which never happened
in the cartoons

That Voltes V is sick. Anytime I see that clear blue plastic for the canopy I feel nostalgia

i love voltes v. so glad i picked up the 40th anv edition. if they made one in sd format/es gokin, i would not hesitate picking one up.

The last one is Gravion, fun and "fan-servicey" series with Okawara mecha-design : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravion

I hope those three get made too because I tire of the multiple Mazinger recolors in the SRC line :pray:

You and me both brother. I love Mazinger, but good lord we have hundreds of robots to choose from. I have enough Mazinger Z's, don't want anymore. I do however want an SRC of Getter Dragon, Gaiking, Danguard Ace.

Dancouga Sen-ti-nel came in today. Quick snap.

1-5.png

Black Wing comes in tomorrow.

Quick Snap of Sentinel International Co., Ltd. Dancouga and Black Wing in separate and combined forms

1-6.png

2-3.png

Random Snap of Sen-ti-Nel's Dancouga with Black Wing attached.

3-5.png

Preordered SRC Giant Robo from Amiami. He looks awesome and big and sturdy.

item_0000011253_QzhPpPIr_05.jpg

Glad to see the line-up moving away from Mazins for a bit. Hope it sells ok so we might see new releases (Big-O :pray:) down the line, as I fear God Sigma's sales figures were far from stellar.

Damn that Dancouga looks sick!!! I wish SOC would do a reissue of their Dan. Id even take a new non transforming SRC.

Hey all! Given the choice between Sentinel's Riobot Gurren Lagann and the Konami Great Impact version, which would you pick and why? I've been offered a choice between them in a trade.

Hey guys!
This is a bit off-topic, but I wanted to share it here!
I recently started sketching again and started digital illustration, so here's Mazinger Z!

MazingerNEW_update.jpg

And a progress GIF

output_k8eMOc-1_zpsda9hu5dw.gif

Very cool Kuzeh

Cool art and animation Kuzeh. Looks pretty good.

For anyone who ordered the Threezero Black Getter Robo or normal edition, Threezero told me they will be shipping them at the end of March. Given that it is pretty much the end of March now, we will have to wait and see if they come through on this shipping date or not. They are known for delays in shipping it seems, but I'm hopeful I'll get my Black Getter Robo soon.

I saw a new shipping update from Threezero. They say that Getter Robo will ship early April due to the holiday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back